“Nice beach side location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Nice beach side location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I spent a 10 night vacation at this hotel. Check in was quick and friendly, my room was an ocean view studio which was more than large enough for me. The room was quite well fitted with a small kitchen area, a nice bathroom with a separate shower, a queen size bed, a sofa bed, a 42'' HD TV and quite a lot of storage. The carpet was stained in a few places and was showing quite a bit of wear, but the general appearance of the room was fine, however the bathroom did need a deep clean as it was quite grubby in places. The ocean view from the balcony was a little restricted, as my room was on the side of the building, but that wasn't a major problem for me.The staff were all very friendly, particularly by the pool area on the 6th floor and the general levels of service were good. The hotel is directly opposite the beach and offers beach towels too. There are lots of shops, bars and restaurants with 10 minutes walk of the hotel. I thought the valet parking was quite expensive and there was no option of self parking, however I did spot a parking lot one block behind the hotel. In conclusion I would recommend friends to stay at this hotel and I may stay here again too

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor as they are quieter and also offer great views of the beach
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for your 10 night stay; we appreciate your review and kind comments. We are excited about our room renovations beginning this summer, which will include new carpet in all guest rooms. I will share your feedback with our entire team, and we look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you again for posting a review, for staying at our Resort, and for the high recommendation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,139)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited this hotel in July 2013. It is a farily new hotel (5 years) directly on the Beach Front. The staff were attentive and efficient. Rooms were of a good standard, with a nice sized Balcony. A sea view room overlooking the beach is worth booking in advance. From the hotel it was easy to get to all the main tourist areas of Fort Lauderdale. In this regards I found the Concierge service very helpful and knowledgeable.
I did find the pool area to be small, this maybe down to the fact that it is directly on the beach. The Hotel Gym was well equipped and as it overlooked the pool, provided something to watch whilst burning off the excess holiday calories!
The only complaint I have with this hotel is the excessive charge for parking, at $33 per night I found this excessive. There is no self park option, so there was no real choice. It is not merely the added cost to our vacation, but the fact that in my view the hotel are profiteering.
Overall I would stay here again as it is an excellent hotel in a good location, however I would factor the cost of parking in to my vacation spend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your Resort experience and that your accommodations were comfortable. I am also pleased to read that our concierge team took good care of you, providing personalized service with helpful recommendations. We look forward to your return in the near future. Regards,
Doylestown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I have made four trips to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort - three in preparation for our wedding and one for the wedding itself. I can say hands down that this is the nicest hotel I have stayed at in the United States. The service more than exceeds expectations. Every single staff member we encountered was pleasant, courteous, helpful and went the extra mile. Our 38 wedding guests felt the same way - the bride and groom were not the only people who received the royal treatment! The quality of the food as well as the niceness, newness, and cleanliness of the guest rooms is unbeatable. Even the "basic" guest room is amazing when you compare price and quality to other hotels. Each room has a balcony and is beautifully decorated. The amenities the hotel has to offer from the pool, to the restaurants, to the gym and spa cannot be beat. The Sunrise Pool Terrace complete with private cabanas for rent and waiter service is outstanding! You will not long for the comforts of home while staying at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach! 6 stars out of 5!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We appreciate that you took time to post a review; and we thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for your special wedding celebration! We pride ourselves on offering personalized service, and it certainly appears that our entire team provided just that; even going 'the extra mile'. I hope you can return soon! Thank you, and Congratulations!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort two times and will come back again. The staff and service is fabulous and the ocean front rooms are awesome. I also want to throw out some 'kudos" to the VIP Limo service. Norma drove me to most of my destinations, and she was delightful - personable and efficient. She really took care of me and my daughter and relieved any anxieties I had about finding out how to get where I needed to go. She is an angel, and her supervisor, Andy was so helpful as well.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Martha L
Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, and for this wonderful review! I will ensure that Andy, Norma, and the VIP Limo team recieve the recognition they deserve, and will share your kind comments with our entire Resort team. We hope to see you back in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent a long weekend here back in June and loved it so much that we decided to bring our teenage daughters for an even longer weekend in July.
I'd booked a 1BR king suite with a full kitchen exactly like we had back in June.
When we checked in, our room that I had checked on earlier in the day had been given away. They were at full capacity and gave us a studio on a low floor.
This wasn't going to work for our family of 5. No matter how much I pleaded my case, there was nothing that they could do for us that night.
When morning rolled around, we waited and waited for a room more suited for us to become available, but to no avail. At noon we were still waiting for our quick vacation to start and I was getting mad. Finally, I was allowed to speak with the manger on duty. John was wonderful. He listened to what I had to say and agreed with my concerns without being patronizing. He took care of us personally and asked to contact him directly should we need anything during our stay. His level of care and understanding really made the huge mistake during check in easier to bear.
John (manager), Giorgios (manager) and Brandon (valet manager) are all exceptional and really make this hotel as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review; we are pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable and memorable, and that our Management team was able to assist with your accommodations. We certainly want our guests to be comfortable, and to feel cared for while staying with us; I apologize for the inconvenience. I will ensure that John, Georgios, and Brandon recieve recognition for their personalized service, and we anticipate your return in the near future.
Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have visited Fort Lauderdale many times and have always stayed in the same hotel, but following a friend's recent experience at that particular hotel, we decided to make a last minute change and stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. That was the best decision we could have made. When we arrived, we were greeted by very friendly valet and front desk staff. When we walked into our room, we were literally in awe of the breathtaking view from our Deluxe King Suite, which was on the 21st floor. The room itself was very well appointed and beautiful. However, we noticed a small area on the carpet in the bedroom that was wet. I honestly didn't think anymore about it and we left for dinner. When we returned, however, the bedroom was standing in water. I called the front desk and immediately, the plant engineer came up to our room to investigate. He felt like it was coming from outside with all the rain we were having and offered to move us to another room for the night. I actually declined, as it was late, and thought we could re-address it the next morning. The very next morning, they had someone up to clean the carpets. We were very happy with the way it was handled. That afternoon, the plant engineer, along with a co-worker, found us at the pool and let us know that they were actually going to have to work behind the bed to fix the leak and that they would need to move us. He asked us to let them know when we planned to return to the room and they would send a bellhop to help us move. When the bellhop arrived, he seemed very excited to be moving us. Much to our surprise, they upgraded us to a larger room on a higher floor. My husband and I were incredibly impressed with the way the entire situation was handled. We were even more impressed that our bellhop was as excited for us to be moving as we were. It was very obvious to us that he enjoyed his job. I must mention that the hotel has a beautiful pool and hot-tub area. The pool is located on the 6th floor and overlooks the ocean. I would definitely suggest arriving at the pool by 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning if you want a chair overlooking the ocean at the railing. It is a beautiful place to relax. We also used the gym facilities which are state of the art. We had breakfast at Ilios, one of the restaurants in the hotel, which was also wonderful. From check in until check out, everything, even the hiccups, were handled beautifully. What the hotel didn't know was that we were celebrating our 15th Anniversary, and they made it even more special. I also want to say that on 2 different occasions, I saw guest become verbally aggressive with staff (one with the Valets and one in Ilios) and both times, it was handled very professionally by the staff. I would like to say a special thank you to Carlitos and Martine (Plant Engineers), Carlos (Bellhop), Jon (Valet), and Diane (Ilios) for making our stay absolutely unforgettable!! We will most certainly return!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We greatly appreciate your comments and feedback; and I'm very pleased to read that our entire team took care of you throughout your stay, providing personalized service even during the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the wet carpet. Thank you for your patience and for allowing us to make you comfortable in a different Suite. I will ensure that the Team Members mentioned recieve the recognition they deserve, and we anticipate your return in the near future. Thank you once again, Andreas
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This property is very well kept. The rooms have balconies with ocean views. There is a very nice coffee/sandwich shop in the lobby that has European flair. The pool is beautiful, especially when lit up at night. The only draw back back (as almost every Ft. Lauderdale hotel) is it isn't directly on the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EileenMBrooks
We appreciate that you took time to post a review. Our 6th floor Sunrise Terrace pool area is very beautiful during the evening hours; we're so pleased you had a chance to enjoy. I look forward to your next visit to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Thank you.