“Hilton in June”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel is a mixture of very elegant and something unexciting. Our room was great, really great, but we paid for that. We had to upgrade because we were told the windows on the Intercoastal side didn't open and we like fresh air. The staff is a bit too helpful, invent reasons to be of help. The coffee bar is good. The S3 restaurant was a bit too loud and fake for us, but many seemed to be enjoying it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Stanley Jay F
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

We appreciate your review, and your candid comments about your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations, and will certainly share your feedback with our entire team. We look forward to hosting your stay in the near future. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights prior to our cruise out of Miami. The hotel is very nice with exceptionally friendly and courteous staff in every service department. Our room was clean and and the view was spectacular. A short and easy walk across the street puts you on the beautiful Ft. Lauderdale beach. My biggest complaint about my stay at this Hilton, was not having access to a chair or umbrella on the beach. This was annoying because the pool area was often completely full. My husband, who is healing from a leg fracture could not sit on a beach towel. The fee for 2 plastic lounge chairs and a beach umbrella was $50 per day. When we questioned the attendant, we were told it was "a different company". Perhaps it was, but this different company is stationed at the Hilton's beach, provides Hilton towels and is able to charge you on your Hilton room key. Sketchy.
The other negative was the valet parking. To the tune of $33 per day, it is the only option for guest parking

Overall, this Hilton is a nice hotel with a good staff. You know it's pricey when you book it. The surprise and disappointment comes when you arrive and find yourself being heavily charged for ordinary amenities that should be included.

Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank TobyAnna
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review; I am pleased to read that our entire team provided friendly and courteous service during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience while enjoying the beach; the City handles all the beach amenities for Fort Lauderdale Beach and I trust they were polite and informative when describing their service. We look forward to your return in the near future. Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed in several different hotels in and around the Fort Lauderdale area for the past 10 years. Two years ago I stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, a lovely property but too far from the beach to make it a perfect place for someone who wants both a pool and the ocean in easy reach. When I discovered the Beach Resort on a walk down the beach area two years ago, I made a note to stay here the next time I came to Fort Lauderdale, and I am happy I did. My daughter and I have a one bedroom suite on the 25th floor (top floor) with a magnificent view of the ocean to our left and the city of Fort Lauderdale to our right. The suite is very large, and could easily accommodate a family of 4 or 5. There is a king-size (comfortable) bed in the bedroom, a large walk-in closet, a huge bathroom with two sinks, a shower and a separate jacuzzi bathtub. There is a full kitchen, a bar with two stools (no table), a queen-size couch that is a pull-out bed (not so comfortable for adults, but fun for children), coffee table, another chair, a large terrace with a table and two chairs (perfect for morning coffee). Two large flat screen TVs, one in the living room, one in the bedroom next to a desk and chair if you need to work.
Breakfast buffet is excellent, if not pricey at $27.00 per person. There is a continental option for $22.00. I am a Hilton Honors member so this is included which makes this a very economical stay. Also prices in off-season June are reasonable given the property and its proximity to the beach.

Room Tip: Our suite is 2505, on the 25th floor, top floor. Beautiful suite, highly recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

What a nice surprise to get a review while you're still a guest at our Resort; we are so pleased that your Resort experience has been enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable! We certainly appreciate your kind comments, your loyalty, and the great recommendation. Enjoy the rest of your stay, and please let us know if you need anything. Thank you,

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent a romsntic long weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed it. Pool and beach are great with free towel use. Staff wonderful. Happy and friendly. Rooms large and luxurious. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Starbucks and pizza on site. Wicked new restaurant called.S3. downstairs. Loved this place!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank canuckpump

I am very pleased to read your review; it certainly sounds like you enjoyed your long weekend, and that our entire Resort team took good care of you! We are very excited about S3, our new restaurant, and so happy to hear you were able to enjoy the great food, atmosphere, and convenient location on our main floor. We hope to see you back in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at this property from June 7th to June 8th. I stayed in a 1 king bedroom with ocean view. I have NEVER been to a hotel where there is a FULL kitchen but nothing is in it, meaning if you want cups, plates, utensils, pots, and pans you have to call request and wait until they decide to bring it to you. It took one hour and two phone calls for us to finally get 3 glasses (for 5 people), utensils, and plates. We had a huge balcony; however, not enough furniture for the balcony. The chairs that were there were dirty. My mother started with white pants and ended with black ones once getting up from the seat. When it was time to go to bed I was ready to pull out the sofa bed and make it up only to find that there were no sheets. When I called the front desk I was told that sheets aren't kept in the room due to sanitary issues so house keeping would have to come up and make the bed. That's really lousy when it's already 2:00am and all you want to do is close your eyes. I also don't like the idea of paying 30something dollars for valet per day (there is no other option if you choose to stay there). Every time you want to leave the area you have to call 5min in advance so that your car could be there for you. Overall it wasn't bad, but being that I have stayed at numerous Hilton hotels (condo style) I really did expect more. The layout of the room was nice and the bathroom was huge! The hotel, I can say, is in a GREAT area and the beach is directly across the street. There are many stores and restaurants in the vicinity. There is plenty to do so one should not be bored. My rating would be on the lower side of very good because of the things I just mentioned. After all of that I would stay here again and would recommend others to stay here. I now know what to expect and how to handle it, so next time I will make it much better!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MsD80
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for the review and comments about your recent stay; I am pleased that you enjoyed the beach and surrounding area, as well as the large layout of our rooms. I apologize for the delayed room deliveries and valet retrieval, and also the issues described with your balcony. I will share your feedback with our Housekeeping team for follow-up as we want all our guests to have clean and comfortable accommodations. I was happy to read that you will return, and if I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Sincerely,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for 3 nights. Overall we had a great experience. First the positives: The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. We had a very quick check-in. The valet staff was right there to take our bags and help us in and out of our rental car. We called for our car 20 minutes before we needed it and it was being pulled up when we got to the entrance. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job of cleaning our room in the morning and preparing our room for our return in the evening (turned down our bed, closed our blinds, and had soft music playing). The Concierge was very helpful when my husband had questions about local restaurants. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but we did grab a small breakfast at the Le Marche Gourmet Market. They have pastries, and fruit and yogurt (which I was very happy about). The beach is right across the street and the hotel provided towels for our use. If you want chairs or an umbrella you have to rent them for the day because the beach is run by the town of Fort Lauderdale and not the Hilton. There are restaurants within walking distance as long as you consider 3/4 mile within walking distance. However there is a trolly that runs until 6 PM for $0.50 per person each way. Now the negatives: Although our room was very clean there were a couple of stains on the carpet. It didn't bother us too much but it might bother someone else. What did bother us a lot though was the lack of internet connectivity. As Hilton Honors members we received free internet. It was very slow and the most we ever got was 1 bar of connectivity. It also disconnected often. I would just think that a hotel like the Hilton would provide better internet service. Lastly was cost of the valet parking. $32.95 per day seemed a bit steep to me. That is the only option available for parking your car so you are stuck paying it. Overall we were very happy with our stay and we loved the area. We will definitely stay there again if we visit Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor; we appreciate your comments and feedback. I am pleased to read that our team was helpful and friendly, and that your accommodations were comfortable and clean. My apologies on the internet issus; I can understand how frustrating that can be and we will work to improve the connectivity. Also, we start room renovations this summer and look forward to sharing the new look with our guests. We hope you'll be back soon; and should you need assistance with reservations, please feel free to reach out to my Assistant at 954-414-2602.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed for 7nts, all I can say is what a place. I was very pleased. The staff are wonderful they make you feel like home, Mark was very helpful to us. He gave us a lot of info of the area. The room was amazing with a stunning view of the ocean. We stayed on the 25th floor. We had a full kitchen and we had a balcony off the bedroom and off the kitchen which wrapped around to the other side facing the ocean were my boyfriend asked me to marry him!!!!!!!! So overall this place is worth it and we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the review and the great recommendation. I am very pleased to hear that our entire team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I will ensure that Mark receives the recognition he deserves; and we hope to see you back very soon.