“Hated to leave. Cant wait to return!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
new brunswick
“Hated to leave. Cant wait to return!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent a romsntic long weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed it. Pool and beach are great with free towel use. Staff wonderful. Happy and friendly. Rooms large and luxurious. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Starbucks and pizza on site. Wicked new restaurant called.S3. downstairs. Loved this place!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank canuckpump
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I am very pleased to read your review; it certainly sounds like you enjoyed your long weekend, and that our entire Resort team took good care of you! We are very excited about S3, our new restaurant, and so happy to hear you were able to enjoy the great food, atmosphere, and convenient location on our main floor. We hope to see you back in the near future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at this property from June 7th to June 8th. I stayed in a 1 king bedroom with ocean view. I have NEVER been to a hotel where there is a FULL kitchen but nothing is in it, meaning if you want cups, plates, utensils, pots, and pans you have to call request and wait until they decide to bring it to you. It took one hour and two phone calls for us to finally get 3 glasses (for 5 people), utensils, and plates. We had a huge balcony; however, not enough furniture for the balcony. The chairs that were there were dirty. My mother started with white pants and ended with black ones once getting up from the seat. When it was time to go to bed I was ready to pull out the sofa bed and make it up only to find that there were no sheets. When I called the front desk I was told that sheets aren't kept in the room due to sanitary issues so house keeping would have to come up and make the bed. That's really lousy when it's already 2:00am and all you want to do is close your eyes. I also don't like the idea of paying 30something dollars for valet per day (there is no other option if you choose to stay there). Every time you want to leave the area you have to call 5min in advance so that your car could be there for you. Overall it wasn't bad, but being that I have stayed at numerous Hilton hotels (condo style) I really did expect more. The layout of the room was nice and the bathroom was huge! The hotel, I can say, is in a GREAT area and the beach is directly across the street. There are many stores and restaurants in the vicinity. There is plenty to do so one should not be bored. My rating would be on the lower side of very good because of the things I just mentioned. After all of that I would stay here again and would recommend others to stay here. I now know what to expect and how to handle it, so next time I will make it much better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MsD80
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for the review and comments about your recent stay; I am pleased that you enjoyed the beach and surrounding area, as well as the large layout of our rooms. I apologize for the delayed room deliveries and valet retrieval, and also the issues described with your balcony. I will share your feedback with our Housekeeping team for follow-up as we want all our guests to have clean and comfortable accommodations. I was happy to read that you will return, and if I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Sincerely,
Freehold, NJ
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for 3 nights. Overall we had a great experience. First the positives: The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. We had a very quick check-in. The valet staff was right there to take our bags and help us in and out of our rental car. We called for our car 20 minutes before we needed it and it was being pulled up when we got to the entrance. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job of cleaning our room in the morning and preparing our room for our return in the evening (turned down our bed, closed our blinds, and had soft music playing). The Concierge was very helpful when my husband had questions about local restaurants. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but we did grab a small breakfast at the Le Marche Gourmet Market. They have pastries, and fruit and yogurt (which I was very happy about). The beach is right across the street and the hotel provided towels for our use. If you want chairs or an umbrella you have to rent them for the day because the beach is run by the town of Fort Lauderdale and not the Hilton. There are restaurants within walking distance as long as you consider 3/4 mile within walking distance. However there is a trolly that runs until 6 PM for $0.50 per person each way. Now the negatives: Although our room was very clean there were a couple of stains on the carpet. It didn't bother us too much but it might bother someone else. What did bother us a lot though was the lack of internet connectivity. As Hilton Honors members we received free internet. It was very slow and the most we ever got was 1 bar of connectivity. It also disconnected often. I would just think that a hotel like the Hilton would provide better internet service. Lastly was cost of the valet parking. $32.95 per day seemed a bit steep to me. That is the only option available for parking your car so you are stuck paying it. Overall we were very happy with our stay and we loved the area. We will definitely stay there again if we visit Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor; we appreciate your comments and feedback. I am pleased to read that our team was helpful and friendly, and that your accommodations were comfortable and clean. My apologies on the internet issus; I can understand how frustrating that can be and we will work to improve the connectivity. Also, we start room renovations this summer and look forward to sharing the new look with our guests. We hope you'll be back soon; and should you need assistance with reservations, please feel free to reach out to my Assistant at 954-414-2602.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed for 7nts, all I can say is what a place. I was very pleased. The staff are wonderful they make you feel like home, Mark was very helpful to us. He gave us a lot of info of the area. The room was amazing with a stunning view of the ocean. We stayed on the 25th floor. We had a full kitchen and we had a balcony off the bedroom and off the kitchen which wrapped around to the other side facing the ocean were my boyfriend asked me to marry him!!!!!!!! So overall this place is worth it and we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the review and the great recommendation. I am very pleased to hear that our entire team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I will ensure that Mark receives the recognition he deserves; and we hope to see you back very soon.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was already my fourth stay at the Hilton in Fort Lauderdale. i know quite well the cons of the hotel, like the expensive vllet parking, the beach equipment and the internet and I am well prepared for them since, unfortunately, they never change. One con I am not prepared for is to take a 8 hour flight, arrive in the morning and having to wait at least until 1 o clock in the afternoon for a room , although I had rented a suite for 6 nights.
The hotel also, although comfortable is beginning to show its wear and needs carpeting changing.
Otherwise everything else is perfect for a lovely stay acrross the Fort Lauderdale beach.

Room Tip: choose a high floor for a better view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your review, and loyalty, to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We do apologize that we were unable to accommodate the early check-in; I trust our team tried to make you comfortable while waiting. We begin room renovations this summer and look forward to the fresh new look - we hope you can stay again soon. Should you need assistance with reservations, please feel free to reach out to my Assistant directly at 954-414-2602.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a really nice decent clean hotel for our wedding and I fell in love with this hotel! The rooms are amazing they have kitchens in them and the staff went above and beyond. The hotel seems big but the staff make you feel right at home the pool is amazing it looks over the beach! And most rooms have ocean views, it's right across the beach and 15 mins from the airport the rooms are clean the staff is very attentive and the beds are very comfy. I think that makes a pretty good hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Congratulations; and thank you for choosing the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for this very special occasion! I am pleased to read that our entire team went 'above and beyond', providing personalized service during your stay. Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation; we look forward to your next visit!
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed May 27th thru May 31st in room 1117, an oceanfront 1 bedroom suite.

All of the staff we interacted with were very friendly and professional. Check-in and check-out was quick. Cleaning staff did a thorough job. When we wanted something sent up to the room (extra towels, soap, dishes and flatware) it was there fast and without any hassle. Everyone we interacted with in the onsite restaurants and cafes was also great.

The hotel is located right across the street from the beach, which is nice, though we were there during a rainy and windy stretch and so we didn't take advantage. The hotel is about a half-mile or so from a large harbor where you can charter a sport fishing or scuba trip. There are plenty of restaurants and bars within a few blocks of the hotel and we didn't feel unsafe walking around.

The restaurants onsite were good. A little on the pricey side, especially for drinks ($13 for a vodka tonic!), but the food was fresh and well-prepared.

Rates were very reasonable considering the location and the size of the suite. It included a full kitchen with microwave, oven, refrigerator/freezer, and dishwasher. The suite included a living room (with a TV, small couch, and chair), a bedroom with a king size mattress, two bathrooms (both had showers, and the one next to the bedroom also had a whirlpool bath). Views of the ocean were great from virtually every part of the suite, including the larger bathroom. The suite had a large balcony which wrapped around the suite with one entry from the bedroom and the other from the living area.

Unfortunately, the suite was a little worn down. The furniture and carpets were stained. The carpet near the windows in the living area was wet (it rained a lot during our stay so there must have been a leak somewhere). The door to the balcony in the bedroom didn't quite seal properly and caused a slight whistling sound when the wind outside was gusting.

Despite the problems with the room, I was still fairly satisfied with my stay. If I come back to Ft. Lauderdale I'd consider staying again, especially if they renovate the rooms between now and then.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor; we greatly appreciate guest feedback. It certainly appears that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and that our Team provided you with personalized service. We begin room furnishing renovations this summer, and look forward to a fresh new look; completion sometime around the end of summer or early fall. We look forward to your return in the near future.