“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights here in May. We were able to get into our room before check-in and since we are Diamond members we were upgraded upon arrival. The hotel is nice, clean and the hotel staff is extremely helpful and cordial. The bed was surprising comfortable, the bathroom was huge with a jetted tub and separate shower. The pool area is large with plenty of chairs (at least for our stay), large pool and 2 hot tubs. The walk across the street to the beach was a non-issue and chairs/umbrella are available on the beach and towels are provided by the hotel. Location is very convenient to shops and restaurants. While this hotel is very nice, everything is expensive. Daily valet parking adds up, drinks/food at the pool are expensive and 2 chairs with an umbrella at the beach is $40/day. We only ate breakfast at the hotel and were very pleased. If you are a family with children on a budget I suggest you get a room with a full kitchen and prepare meals to save money. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Traci A
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We appreciate your review and feedback; and pleased to read that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable. I will share your comments with our entire team; and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,180)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is the second time I have planned a meeting here for a group of clients. The service, accomodations, and food was just as great as I remember them. I highly recommend this hotel for a vacation or a meeting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review and recommendation; we look forward to your next visit and meeting! Regards,
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Review of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort at 505 North Fort Lauderdale Blvd in Florida. Found the room cost is high, but this is expected. However the multiple hidden costs from all areas of normal hotel service to a guest are what is shameful for this hotel. Possibly this may be a business strategy.
Made reservations through the site “sunny.org” for a “package deal”, which was for a stay at the Double Tree hotel and dinner at the Mai Kai performance restaurant. The 1st surprise was the reservation came back with the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort as the Hotel reserved instead of the Double Tree Hotel. Since the Hilton was on the beach, we figured we would give it a go. Found out later the Hilton Company has bought the Double Tree Company. The 2nd surprise is there is only valet parking with a DAILY $32.95 parking garage fee. This means the guests are inconvenienced to get their car as a call is required first and of course a tip is always expected. This is the case even if you just need to retrieve an item from the car. The 3rd surprise was the small room at the Hilton with only one straight back chair and a bed to sit on. Quite an uncomfortable room that would have been better off made into a broom closet. The staff is trained to be stiffly friendly but could not get us more comfortable chairs in this room but we could upgrade to another room with better amenities’ for, of course, more dollars.
The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort seems to be trying to rival a Sandals “all inclusive” Resort in having everything a guest will need on site. Only the Hilton charges over priced unit costs, fees and tips for all their services.

Room Tip: All but west facing have nice views. West faces inland
1 Thank Sheridan K
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback; we appreciate all guest comments, and I am very concerned about the confusion with your hotel booking. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Sincerely,
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I live in miami so decided to have a staycation in Fort Lauderdale and rented at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel and it was a great choice the hotel is very nice and my room had a full kitchen and I had a wrap around balcony with city and ocean views and they were incredible the service and attention was great the only thing I didn't like was that you have to cross the street to go to the beach since I'm from Miami not used to that but here in Fort Lauderdale that's the way it is so of your thinking of staying at Fort Lauderdale beach I really recommend the Hilton you'll enjoy the comfort and great staff the hotel has.

• Stayed May 2013
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your 'staycation' at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It appears your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and we look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you.
London
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the resort for one week with our two young children (ages 1.5 and 4.5). This was our first stay in Fort Lauderdale and we wanted something easy and well located. The hotel is fantastic - clean, modern, amazing location with prime beach access (very easy to get across the street, lots of pedestrian crossings and motorists who know lots of people are crossing), but what really set our experience apart was the phenomenal service. Every aspect of the service was absolutely top notch - the pool staff were genuinely friendly, and so helpful - opening the door for us (we were laden with pool toys and young children), immediately offering to set up chairs for us, even offering to move us to better seats (though all of the seats were great!) when they became available or the sun had moved. Same staff at the beach were fabulous and always helpful, always thinking about how they could make our experience more enjoyable. The housekeeping staff were incredible - our room was always spotless - not just token folding some things - really cleaning the whole room, and we had a kitchen in our suite that we were using to cook in and that was also always spotless whenever we came back to our room. This is the best housekeeping service I have ever experienced, and I have travelled in similar-starred hotels around the world. Lastly, the valet guys were super - we did not have to wait a single minute for our car, and they kept everything moving even when the hotel was very busy at the weekend. I have to say that I am super impressed by the entire staff - every single person we came into contact with (and for sure many others that we never saw) were so thoughtful about how to make our stay the best - it was the most professional staff I have ever seen, and certainly the most consistent - literally every single experience we had over the week was so well thought out and delivered. We will definitely return and again, I have to say well done to the manager as they really know how to run a hotel and more importantly, motivate a team of people to deliver exemplary service. Thanks so much to everyone who helped make our stay so enjoyable!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bed suite with a kitchen - which I would definitely recommend for young families...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jezband
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank your for the wonderful review! Your comments reflect the type of Resort experience we aim to provide for all our guests, and it certainly appears that we succeeded with you and your family. I look forward to sharing your feedback with all departments, and we anticipate your return in the near future. Regards,
toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

excellent service..very friendly staff,,got upgraded to a two room suite for additional 20 dollars a night..great location..helpful concierge,,only criticism was could not connect to wifi in designated wifi area

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. I am pleased that our entire team provided you with personalized service, and that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable. We look forward to your return in the near future.
Coventry, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 7 nights with our 2 young kids (1 & 3). We were warmly greeted at check-in and given bottled water which made my very thirsty 3 year old extremely happy. I had called ahead and requested a crib and it was waiting in the room for us. Apparently our reservation had us in a room with 1 queen bed; upon seeing this the gentleman checking us in changed our room to one with 2 queen beds to better accomodate us, which was extrememly nice. The room itself was clean and modern with a huge bathroom with a large shower and jetted tub. The view from our balcony was amazing, and the kitchenette made things so convenient. All of the staff was extremely nice and accomodating, and especially one staff member (I think his name was Edras??) He was on the beach handing out towels and would come around with cold bottled water asking if we wanted to replace our towels or needed anything else...above and beyond in my opinion!!!

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and cant wait to come back! Only negative is the valet parking price - $33/night and you cant self-park!!!!! We paid more for parking than we did for the rental car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kd818
I appreciate that you took time to post a review on TripAdvisor; it certainly appears that you and your family and a very enjoyable and comfortable Resort experience. Your comments will be shared with our entire team, and I will ensure that Edras receives the recognition he deserves.
We look forward to your return. Thank you.