“Great location!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the second week of April and had a wonderful time. The hotel itself is nice enough, rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. Furniture is a little outdated and stained but the rooms were clean and there were lots of fresh towels waiting for us each day. The location is perfect because it is directly across from the beautiful beach and close to the main strip of little shops and restaurants but at the same time far enough away from it in the evening when it can get a little noisy. We were given free coupons for the buffet breakfast which we appreciated - likely would not have eaten there otherwise as it was rather pricey for the limited offerings which were exactly the same every day. My only real issue was the length of time it took to get us checked in - we had an very early flight and understood that we would have to wait for the room that we booked - but 4 hours sitting in the lobby was a bit much - especially with a bored 8 year old - and considering our room was completely cleaned every morning while we were at breakfast I'm still not sure why it took so long. That said, I have to mention Shania at the check in desk, who went out of her way to get us into our room as soon as she realized how long we had been waiting! She was wonderful and kind and truly made a difference. I'm not sure who my husband had talked to earlier about how long we had been waiting but it was not Shania and he was told there was nothing that could be done about it and it could possibly take another couple of hours. I realize this is standard policy and it's not their problem we arrived too early but clearly something could be done with a little effort so we are very grateful to Shania!

Room Tip: Don't arrive too early :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for posting this review on TripAdvisor; we take all guest comments very seriously and appreciate the time you took for feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased you had a wonderful time and that your accommodations were comfortable. We are begining renovations this summer to replace furnishings in our guest rooms; anticipating a completion of early Fall. visit. I will ensure that Shania gets the recognition she deserves; I am happy to read that she took care of your delayed check-in. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Resort. The Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. Front Desk Manager Kym was very accommodating and quick with our check in process, which was great. The pool staff greeted us every morning with a smile and assisted us with the chair and towel set-up.

The room was modern and spacious. The kitchenette is very convenient and well kept. The housekeeper did a great job in keeping our room clean and organized. I would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VacTime1
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I am pleased you had a "Wonderful Stay", and that our team provided personalized service. I will ensure that Kym receives the recognition he deserves. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Holtel for 8 days. Rooms beautiful,view the best. Close to everything you would want to do. The trolley is the best takes you all over Fort Lauderdale. But the best is Richard Hess the most devoted customer service empoyee a company could ever have,he has been so gracious we would never want to stay anywhere else but the Hilton. I also want to mention Joshua the hardest working employee I have ever seen an just as pleasant. Thank Hilton for another wonderful vacation, See you soon

1  Thank Lynne C

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your 8 day stay, and that your Resort experience was enjoyable and memorable. I will ensure that Richard and Joshua receive the recognitioin they deserve, and we look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you for the review, and your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Excellent staff and hotel. Everyone was very customer service orientated. Spa was great, pool was awesome and right across street from beach. The only drawback was the restaurant on site. Not good food, drinks or service. But the Market Cafe on the first floor had good breakfast alternatives.

Room Tip: Food not cheap and no place close by to go to either. Might need to plan a little if you cannot affo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay; I'm pleased to read that our Team took good care of you. I do apologize that your dining experience was not more positive, and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly about the food, drinks, and service. I can be reached directly at 954-414-2602. Thank you.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Only had 1 night stay pre-cruise @ this great hotel.
Booked thru Priceline.

Check-in staff friendly and helpful. Rooms up higher will have a better view. Ours was on Floor 7, which was just 1 level above pool so not the best views. Beautiful pool and pool area. Great location to the beach. Room was clean, quiet, cool, and perfect for the stay we were there.

I would recommend this hotel to families and couples. Great location and overall great experience. We will return.

Room Tip: Higher up will have better views of ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. We are pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and we thank you for the recommendation. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I Have Stayed at Most Beach resorts in Fort Lauderdale, and I was Hesitant to stay in a Hotel Across the Beach, but you make up for it, in Service, Room and Location. I booked a 1 bedroom Suite, with a King bed, for my family of four, however realized 2 queen Beds would have been better, the staff the next day Moved me to another room with no issues. Also on leaving my flight was not leaving until 8:00 Pm, and the front desk gave me a 2:00 Pm late check out no extra charge. The Rooms are huge with nice kitchen, Hotel is not dated, and the breakfast buffet is great. Staff Goes out of there way for you. I tip my hat to the genral manager, in 6 years of trips to Fort Laurdedale it was the best stay and we look forard to next year.

Room Tip: Kids from 3-6 Get free Breakfast Buffet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

What a wonderful review; thank you for taking time to post comments on TripAdvisor! I am very pleased to read that your accommodations, our location, and our Team made for such an enjoyable and memorable trip for you and your family. We certainly look forward to your next visit, and hope that we will become your destination Resort when traveling to Fort Lauderdale. Thank you.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very friendly staff ! What a wonderful experience. Stayed for a couple of days and we have not regrets. You can walk to restaurants and the beach is great! The room had wonderful views and very clean. Very spacious and did not feel cramped.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We appreciate your review, and I'm very pleased to read that our team provided friendly service during your stay. It sounds like your accomodations were clean and comfortable, and we hope you have a chance to return in the near future. Thank you.