Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After a disastrous first night in FL at a B&B, checked in with this hotel. The front desk (particularly Greg), was very welcoming and professional and helped us to get an earlier check in to our beautiful 1 bedroom ocean front suite. All staff we encountered were courteous, friendly and, above all, concerned with our comfort. We loved this experience so much, we have booked for the night our cruise docks, so we can relax before the long trip home to Australia. Thanks all!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I couldn't be more pleased to read that your Resort expereince was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable - and we are pleased that our entire team offered the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I will ensure that Greg receives the recognition he deserves. We anticipate your return after the cruise - enjoy your travels! Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

What a great hotel. The staff here are absolutey amazing. Each and every one of them. No dissappointments here. Clean, comfortable, great location, great ammenities, great service. We had a great nights sleep. Comfortable beds and bedding. You'll find beach towels at the beach in a Hilton marked hut. Having the beach across the street from the hotel isn't a big deal as I thought it was. Having the Starbucks in the lobby was a nice treat as well. I'd recommend this hotel to all my friends and family as well as business associates.

1  Thank 2ayearOntario

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate guest comments; and I'm very pleased to read that you had a postive Resort experience, and a great night's sleep! We appreciate your recommendation to friends and family, and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We didn't want to leave! Great Location and Great balcony view of the ocean and the city. The balcony was large and spacious with clear walls so you could take in the whole view. We were on the 23rd floor amazing view. Full kitchen (didn't expect that or use it) Clean showers deep tubs (we don't use tubs) shower was perfect! We had valet parking with adorable and very kind valet staff! The front desk staff was very kind and welcoming. Our room was NOT clean when we walked in. The floor had crumbs, the bed had crumbs and stains. We called the front desk and about 30 minutes later house keeping cleaned our room. It was a bit of a head ache but my mom took the kids to the pool while I sat and waited for the room to get ready. Two hours later I was able to join them on the 6th floor pool deck. The pool was heated and clean. The hot tubs were also clean and very warm. THe pool staff were amazing. Always found us chairs and always had towels set up on the chairs. LOVED it! The food was good. We ate lunch poolside every day. The service was friendly but took forever.. very slow service. The kids loved it so they didn't have to stop for long to eat and were able to get right back to playing. The beach is right across a busy street but you have lights to help. They have towel service on the beach too. The location is perfect. You are walking distance from other restaurants, beach shops, clubs (if your thing) and ice cream. This is a very family friendly place to stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone with or without kids. The valet, friendly staff, Pool service, Beach service, Restaurant, Spa and amazing views, We did NOT want to leave!

Room Tip: Views from the 23 floor are amazing!! `
2  Thank kcfamilyof4

We appreciate your review, and I'm very happy to read that your Resort experience was 'Amazing'! It appears that our entire team took very good care of you and your family, and I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy time at the pool and beach. I apologize that you had cleanliness issues when you first checked in; and thank ful that our Housekeeping department was able to assist in a timely manner. We certainly look forward to your next visit, and appreciate the recommendation. Thank you.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed six nights March 10 through 15, 2013. The 9th floor room was large, with two televisons, two bathrooms, and kitchen. Although there was minor evidence of age (torn upholstery), overall the room was very clean and bright. The balcony was large and offered great southerly views.

The minor complaints: the in-room wireless internet was finnicky and uneven - move a few feet within the room and wireless connection would be lost. There were surprisingly few drawers for clothing storage for a room of that size. I would agree with other reviewers that the pool was not heated, despite being advertsed as such. The beach chair charges are an annoyance, not only because of the cost itself but also because the charges are not clearly marked. I only became aware of the charges some fifteen minutes after being all settled in the chairs when approached by a Hilton beach chair enforcer guy. Lastly, the daily valet parking charges appear a bit excessive.

Overall though, this is a conveniently located, good hotel which should meet most expectations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for the review about your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback; continually looking for ways to improve Service and our guests' Resort experience. I do apologize for the inconsistency with our Wifi; we are currently working to improve the reception and service. I sincerely hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the near future. Regards.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Every staff person showed great care in making the guest feel welcomed. Many good restaurants in the area. Obviously the hotel food was wonderful, but Shulas's next door and Truluck's was,great for stone crabs.

Room Tip: When we checked in our room was nice, but smaller than expected with no balcony. We spoke to Sammie...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bob W
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Your title, 'Awesome experience!', is just what we like to read. I am very pleased to see that our entire team made you feel welcomed and comfortable, and that you enjoyed your dining experience in ilios Restaurant. Thank you for taking time to post a review. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed one night before our cruise, March 23,2013. WE rented the double bedroom option with our friends. The staff were friendly and very helpful, especially the concierge staff. The pool is awesome and very well laid out. Our kitchen was not stocked and it took three attempts to get them to bring glassware and other necessary items. Overall it was fine, however the room had ripped seat cushions, wallpaper peeling, and generally tired. There needed to be a dining table too, as the only place to eat was at the counter or your lap in the LR.

Bathrooms were big and fairly clean.

Room Tip: Gulf view is more expensive, so we opted for inland view but if you get the southwest corner room th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review about your recent stay; we are pleased that our team provided you with friendly and helpful service, and that you enjoyed the beautiful 6th floor Sunrise Pool and Terrace! I apologize for the issues experienced with service and will ensure that our team is made aware, and retrained as needed. We are very excited about our upcoming room renovations, taking place this summer, and hope you have a chance to returnl we anticipate finishing by early fall. At your convenience, I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Regards.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I along with my sister spent 4 nights at the Hilton from 3/8-3/12 in a king suite. Although we had a great time, you should be aware of a few things. First, the pool was not heated the whole time we were there. We were told it was suppose to be and that the "engineer" was working on it. However, we kept getting conflicting stories from anybody we spoke to, including the manager, and it never did get warm. There is also no bar on the pool level during the day and no wait service to speak of. This was not an issue for us as we brought our own, but just an FYI. Secondly, and I knew this going in from reading the reviews, the beach chair costs $10.00/day and the umbrella $20.00/day. This definitely adds up when you're there for a while. Like others have suggested, you could walk to CVS and buy chairs (we actually bought an umbrella), but who wants to shlep them back and forth to the beach each day. Finally, although we were on the 20th floor, we still heard the music from the bar next door along with all the spring breakers partying until 3)30 AM. We faced the north east, so I would advise against that side. The balcony also does not get any sun at all. The suite itself was great with a full kitchen and a bath and a half, but you do have to call to get any dishes, glasses, etc. The gym was adequate, not great but OK for a few days. All in all, we had a great time, but I will research other places for any future trips.

Room Tip: Try to get south facing room or beachfront of course.
2  Thank luvtolaf62

We appreciate that you took the time to post a review; and pleased to read that you had a great time. I do apologize for issues experienced with service and noise, and will share your comments with our entire team. Feedback from guests is the best way for us to learn and train, and we take all reviews very seriously. We hope we have a chance to host your stay again. If I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to reach out directly to 954-414-2602. Thank you.