“Very friendly staff”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. Every staff member was very courteous. I was upgraded to a larger room with a great balcony. The spring breakers in the dive hotel next door were a bit out of control. Thankfully the Hilton was much more civilized. The pool does not get a lot of sun and it was very windy, otherwise I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Jski529
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your candid comments on your recent stay at our Resort; I am pleased to read that your found our team friendly and courteous. We hope you will return soon! Regards.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this resort at least ten times in the past four years and have never been let down. Staff is excellent, rooms are always spotless, location is excellent, valet service is top-notch. In all the times I have been here I have never had a bad experience. The hotel is a bit expensive, but it is worth the extra cost. I highly recommend the 1 and 2 Bedroom Ocean Front suites, they are amazing. HUGE balcony that wraps around the building, full size kitchen, large living room, large bedroom and two FULL bathrooms. You will not be disappointed by this property.

Room Tip: 1 & 2 Bedroom Ocean Front suites are amazing
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RoamingGnomeWV

I couldn't be more pleased to read your heading, "One of the best"! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and more importantly, thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I will share your review with our entire team, and we anticipate your return in the near future. Warm regards.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had never been to Ft. Lauderdale before and the "usual" 20 minute taxi ride from the airport took an hour this Saturday afternoon because of jammed traffic. (Note: 7 -8 cruise ship departures make Saturdays especially busy, so take a fixed price shuttle rather than a metered taxi to the hotel to save money). So, my wife and I were especially pleased to be warmly greeted at check-in and to receive a room upgrade unasked, because of my Hilton Honors membership. Our partial ocean view mini-suite had two rooms, two balconies, and a full service kitchen. The reservation agent with whom we'd booked some two weeks earlier (Mya C.) even sent us a basket of fruit with a welcoming note. This typified the attention to detail we noticed throughout the hotel over our 5 night stay.
The lobby is marble/granite and modern; the rooms are attractively decorated, with very comfortable beds and good linens. Room service is almost instantaneous and housekeeping does its work meticulously. The outdoor pool area apparently is very windy in early spring, so we could only tolerate it for short periods by seeking shelter on the side. Chairs and umbrellas to sit out on the beach across the street are rented by the day and were too expensive, so we never used them. There's a fine gift shop on the ground level and a little cafe/store beside it, which was convenient but somewhat expensive even by hotel standards ($4.95 for a quart of milk).
Don't miss a chance to try Ilio's, the hotel's restaurant on the pool level. We went there two nights just to have the guacamole freshly prepared at tableside. Pasta, ahi tuna, and chicken dishes were commendable, with friendly and efficient service. One quirk: to get the Happy Hour drink prices with dinner, you have to dine in the bar.
This resort hotel is on the ocean drive at the upper end of the busy area of shops, bars and restaurants, so it's relatively quiet at night. The exception is that the W Hotel next door on our South side of the hotel had deliveries and trash pick several times during late night and very early morning every night we stayed. The trolley stops out front for all day on-and-off touring at an inexpensive one-time price. The trolley drivers, like this hotel's staff, offered warm greetings and helpful advice.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms offer partial views and are much less expensive than full Ocean Front rooms. The ro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Edward3005

Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton, and for choosing to stay at our Resort. I am pleased to read that your experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and happy to hear that our Team provided you with personalized service. Our tableside Guacamole is a favorite of many, and we hope you'll have a chance to enjoy it again, soon, on your next visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I read several reviews of this hotel before I booked so I wanted to share my experience. My husband and I booked to stay here for two nights after coming off a cruise. Since we had just left the cruiseport we were arriving early, the front desk staff was very kind and although our room was not ready they stored our luggage and agreed to call us when the room was ready. We walked a few blocks to Casablanca Cafe and before we had even finished our meal we received a all that our room was ready. After coming from a cruise we were thrilled to find due to my diamond Hilton status we had been upgraded to a Junior Suites. The suite was beautiful and spacious with a wonderful balcony overlooking the beach. As others have stated this property is across the street from the beach (as are ALL the properties on the strip) The street is wide if you cross in front of the hotel, but just a block down it is smaller and there are several overhead walking bridges. We never found crossing the road an issue even though it was very crowded.
The staff from the bellman Carlos to the front desk was very friendly. The pool area is beautiful and the breakfast buffet was expansive. My only complaint would be there are no onsite services to get a coke or items to purchase after 10:00pm.
The area is very walkable- we took a cab so I cannot comment on the price of the valet services. Anytime we needed a cab they were readily available and one night Paul offered us a ride to our destination in the Hotel vehicle. The room was cleaned early and was clean when we came back for breakfast (which we liked). We would recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice location near the beach.

Room Tip: We were on right side if facing the property on 21st floor. Higher rooms do offer better view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorrie W
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for posting a review; we are pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable. I am also very happy to read that our Team provided you with top notch service; I will ensure that Carlos and Paul receive the recognition they deserve. We appreciate the recommendation and hope you have a chance to return soon. Regards.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

To say the staff was rude would be an understatement. My group of (4) was told by an employee at check-in (Brandon), who actually held up an elevator full of people to say "Make sure you wear shoes". I really thought I forgot to wear shoes! We had on sandals and were advised "closed toe shoes are needed" which is not true he was just being a jerk.

The light skinned black female working the night shift front desk WOW. She needs to be retrained or fired asap - Abrasive, mean and rude! Actually just fire her she was horrible.

As for the hotel - The pool it doesn't get much sun. Food we had to eat at the W hotel next door (954 Grill really nice!) . The 954 grill would have validated our parking at 35 bucks a day which would have been nice. Hilton doesn't have a comparable dinning option.

******DO NOT STAY AT THE HILTON****** To many nice hotels on the strip RItz, The W Hotel and if you are younger the Marriott !!

Room Tip: Do not get one at this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jim L

We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We know that each member of our team you encounter should leave you with a great impression each and every time. We strive to do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and based on your review, we certainly have room to improve. At your convenience, I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly; I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort after we returned from a cruise. We have stayed there several times before and have always been so glad we did. There have been a few times that I have been tempted to check out some other resort properties on the Fort Lauderdale beach, but we always end up at the Hilton Beach Resort. The main reason is the staff. I have traveled all over the world and it's rare to find a place where the staff is so genuinely friendly and service oriented. This resort has everything required of a first-class destination, great accommodations, an incredible pool area with awesome beach views, and a good restaurant. It also has a "mini diner" with Starbucks coffee and great breakfast treats. During this stay we were lucky enough to stay in an oceanfront room with incredible views. The room and views were amazing and, as usual, the friendliness and service of the staff made this stay memorable. If you are looking for a great resort hotel on the Fort Lauderdale beach, I highly recommend the Hilton. I also recommend taking a beach day after a cruise. When most people are rushing off the ship for the airport, my wife and I took a leisurely taxi ride to the Hilton. they handled our bags and we enjoyed the pool while we waited for our room...an excellent way to end our trip.

Room Tip: Be sure and tell them if you have more than two people, they have some great suites and two-bedroom...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you very much for the candid comments; and your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am very pleased to read that, once again, our team extended the kind of service you should expect, and that your Resort experince was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable! I certainly hope that we continue to be your home away from home when you travel to Fort Lauderdale. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at this hotel at the end of January, prior to a cruise departing from Port Everglades. We had booked a King Suite, and requested that we were away from the elevator. Just in case the elevator could be heard. We ended up in the room next to the elevator. I understand all requests cannot be filled, but this was disappointing, and the rude woman at the front desk could have mentioned that we could not be accommodated when checking in.

As mentioned earlier, the front desk staff were very rude when checking in. Not pleasant after a long day of travel. Our room continued the unpleasant experience. It was run down, with the shower soap shelf missing, wallpaper coming off the walls in the bedroom and bathroom, and curtains in need of replacement. The bed also needed replacement with significant indentations on both sides where people had been sitting over the years. Not the most comfortable place to sleep. Overall a very disappointing room.

The only redeeming quality of this hotel were the staff in the hotel restaurant. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and even remembered our names when we went back for breakfast the next morning.

Unfortunately, I would not return to this hotel. It was convenient to the cruise departure point, but we will stay at another hotel in this area next year.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JetJunkie

We're happy to hear that our restaurant staff was able to show you our true hospitality and I apologize that you didn't receive that in other areas of your stay. I've reviewed your comments with our staff and appreciate that you brought these concerns to our attention. We hope to welcome you back to sunny Florida with warm, friendly service and all the comforts and conveniences you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. At your convenience, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. My Assistant can be reached at 954-414-2602. Kind regards, Andreas.