Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
$127
$74
$108
$99
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$98
$259
$223
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Official Site
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$203
5,675 results
All reviewsilios restaurantacross the streetfull kitchenwrap around balconyocean viewjunior suitepool areapool staffw hoteldiamond memberliving roomvalet parkingresort feeper daylauderdale beachan upgradean umbrella
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My husband and I just came back from a long weekend at the Hilton in Ft Lauderdale. It literally blew away our expectations due to the high quality of the staff! Everyone we came into contact with from the bellman and the front desk staff to the pool staff and concierge was extreamly friendly, gracious and pleasant. They constantly would ask if they could get you anything and if we were enjoying our stay. The hotel overall was well kept and our room was clean, updated and large. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2008

I booked a 5 day stay with points. I was overall pleased with the hotel with some exceptions: Valet parking was only option for parking at $29 plus tax (pricy). I used my hilton gold status for free Breakfast each day and wasn't told until the second to last day, the "free" part only included a continental breakfast, not the full buffet. Not a huge issue but none of the servers mentioned it, and simply charged me an extra fee each day. I only discovered the fee upon checkout. They didn't charge for my 5 year old. The pool was fairly nice, although not as well kept as I am used to. The layout was a bit odd and you had to walk through a puddle of water to get to the hot tubs (if it had been raining). I only saw a waitress getting drinks at the pool towards the end of the stay. The room itself was nice and fresh with all new furnishings. I had a hot plate like stove in the room, but when I went to use it, there were no pots/pans. I figured you had to call and request one.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 21, 2008

What a great place for a get-away with my sister. This hotel is relatively new, and the service was outstanding! My hat is off to the general manager, and Sheryl Luke, the Head Concierge. When you walk into the hotel there are guests services
employees waiting with smiles on their faces. We flew into the FL airport. Before our trip, I called and spoke to someone at the concierge desk. Since we were not renting a car and I was also interested in stopping at a supermarket, he told me how much a cab ride would be, (around $25,) and to stop at the Public market in the Harbor Shops. Our total cab ride was about $40. Our studio room on the 17th floor had a little kitchen area which was perfect for us. A college room size fridge, and a microwave, sink and coffee maker. There are not any inexpensive breakfast places (or restarants for that matter) within walking distance. So we had several easy breakfasts on our patio, enjoying our fabulous view. Our kitchen did not have any supplies in it, but within mins. plates, glasses, and utensils were delivered after we called guests services. The rooms have a modern flair, including a nice TV, marble bathroom with a spa tub, glass enclosed shower and hair dryer. Our room was very quiet! We didn't hear our neighbors, or any street activity. Yes, there is construction on both side of the hotel, but we didn't hear anything through our sliding door. Even on the patio we were not disturbed. The hotel does have a restaurant on the 6th floor (also were the outdoor pool is) which served a tasty lunch for us, but I agree with other posters that it is pricey. Remember this is a resort town and most places are pricey. We enjoyed the pool deck and the service. There is nothing like having a lounge chair, looking out at the ocean, and having someone deliver an ice cold iced tea. The pool area can become crowded, so plan accordingly. Relaxing music played lighly. Familes, couples and others enjoyed the pool and jacuzzis.

You do have to cross a street to visit the beach. We had no problem crossing, even when traffic was busy. The street is divided, so cross 2 lanes at a time. The hotel does offer beach lounge chairs and umbrellas for rent. I counted and saw 17 umbrellas available. We paid about $35. The beach man did offer us free water bottles. The beach was not that crowded. FL provides showers to rinse off when you leave.

Transportation Tips: The Sun Trolley route along the beach and Las Olas Blvd for only 50 cents! It runs about every 1/2 hour. The water taxi was $13 per person for an all day pass. This is a great way to see the canals and the beautiful homes and yatchs! Water taxi also stops at Las Olas Blvd. This is a great place for lunch, dinner and shopping. Another form of trasnportation- the public bus. Since the Sun Trolley stops at most of the public bus stops, we hopped on the bus if it came before the trolley and if it was going towards the Hilton. And at last, your legs. We took several walks.

Restaurant Tips: About a block north of the Hilton, is the Trina Restaurant and Lounge in the Atlatic Hotel. We loved our stuffed French toast! I think it was around $13, but it was worth every penny. We sat inside, and enjoyed the view of the beach and A1A. Others enjoyed dining outside. My sister liked the look of this place so much we went back in the evening to visit the lounge. Great martinis! Live music and excellent service.
Jackson's Steakhouse in town on East Las Olas Blvd. was excellent. A young man at the concierge's desk made this reservation for us. It is very upscale and very expensive, and the steak is excellent. Side dishes are large as are the salads. We split an iceberg salad, and I couldn't finish my filet. Special note- when we walked in, the maitre'de fiddled for a moment with the seating chart and then asked a woman to take us back to our seat. We were taken to a table all the way in the back next to a bus person station. My sister asked for another table, the woman went back to ask the maitre' de, and we were then seated at a better table next to a window. Note to Jackson's- we grew up near Philly, tip well, and my sister was a waitress during her college career.
Tavern Opa serves Greek food and Greek atmosphere. The water taxi will take you next store to Shooters, or you can take the public bus. Tavern Opa's food was very good. One side of the restaurant looks out on a canal. We were too early to experience the Greek fun ( dancing, plate breaking and tissue throwing). The baklava was excellent. Our dinner was so filling we took dessert back to the Hilton.
Don't forget take-out. We went to the lobby and a guest service staff member gave us several menus. We had a pizza delivered for about $25.

I can't say enough about the service we experienced at this Hilton. Yes, we really liked the facility, but the staff made it memorable. We made this reservation using our Hilton points, and we were given an excellent room. It was almost oceanfront.
Sometimes using points you don't go in expecting the best room.
Here they treated us like we were spending $300/night. When I asked about where to catch the water taxi, Sheryl walked me outside and pointed the way.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank HawkSJU82
Reviewed April 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed 5 days and 4 nights. The staff was great! Rooms very nice. Full kitchen in our room although we didn't use it. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in (besides mine at home). My husband travels alot for work and he agreed. The rooms were very clean and updated.
I read alot of reviews that you had to get to the pool early to get chairs but we are early birds and always got a spot. It really didn't get crowded till afternoon, 12:00 or 1:00. You were allowed to go early and setup your chairs to save them if you wanted. The pool attendants were very nice about moving chairs around for couples or families late in the day when it was a bit more crowded. I would highly recommend getting a chair on the right side of the pool though.......once the sun gets to the top of the hotel it is no longer on the middle or left side of the pool area. The pool side service is excellent.
The beach is across the street but this is not a big deal. Very easy and safe to cross.
Everyone is very helpful and friendly!
The only complaint I had was that we were on the 14th floor and it took awhile to get our room cleaned. One evening we went to dinner at 7:00pm and they still hadn't come. 1 quick call to the front desk and it was fixed right away. All other days it was mid afternoon (2:00-4:00) before it was cleaned. Also turn down only happened 1 night, the other couple that was with us never got it in their room and they too didn't get cleaned until midafternoon (they were on floor 10). Also I feel I must mention, it is very expensive at this hotel to eat or drink. Bagel, fruit and coffee in morning was $22. May want to eat out or run to the grocery store.
We plan to go back again and bring our 2 kids this year. Nice little getaway.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BernGSO
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Stayed one night here with my wife before flying to the Bahamas.

The hotel was very nice, the room we had was great.

The ammenities were standard hilton, but the room was elegantley designed, there was a whirlpool bath and seperate shower. A huge balcony where we watched a thunderstorm raging over the everglades. A room on the 21st floor gave a great view.

Parking was expensive at $29 per day, glad we werent staying too long.

We didnt eat in the hotel, but strolled along the street to Cornucopia, keep going past Shula's and its on the corner. The food was great, really good cuisine. The table was quite small and there was a lot of people there, but the food was good and the wine was a sencible price.

Nice hotel, will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple