“Simply the perfect pre-cruise hotel!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Simply the perfect pre-cruise hotel!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed only one night - a Friday night - prior to our cruise, but the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort made a lasting and positive impression in a very short time.

We booked a king, two-bedroom, ocean view suite, because we were traveling with another couple, and it was like having our own apartment in Fort Lauderdale! (The building had originally been built as a residential tower.)

Do not hesitate to book this level of accommodations, as the ocean view suites actually offer the best of both worlds, views of the ocean and the Intercoastal Waterway. I really went back-and-forth on this choice, but I ended up being totally satisfied with our views.

Only one pointer to make - call the bellman an hour ahead of when you want to actually depart if you are leaving on a Saturday morning. There are many people checking out between 9am and noontime.

I give this property my highest recommendation to anyone looking for luxury within reach. We will absolutely return to this marvelous hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for the review, and for choosing the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am pleased that your accommodations were comfortable, and that you were able to enjoy that beautiful ocean view! We hope you are able to stay longer on your next visit! We appreciate the review and the high recommendation. Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina

Stayed in the Hotel for 3 days only for business purpose
Very comfortable rooms, great location.
Excellent service, very good service. comfort and kindness
100% recommended to anyone with intentions of finding a comfortable and pleasant
Undoubtedly would choose this hotel on future occasions to visit Miami

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review; we couldn't ask for anything more than 'Perfect'! We are so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and memorable; and appreciate the high recommendation. We look forward to your return in the near future.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The location of this hotel is in the heart of Fort Lauderdale. The service, food and rooms were all what you would expect of a Hilton property. I would not stay anywhere else in Fort Lauderdale. . The pool is very nice and service exceptional! I especially want to thank Fernando for his award winning service!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TJ M
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Resort, and that the service was 'exceptional"! I will share your comments with our entire team, and ensure that Fernando receives the recognition he deserves. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this resort for three nights to get away from the winter cold season in our area. Our impression was excellent. The luggage staff were friendly and accomodating. The room looks clean but the sofa bed was extremely worn out with stains and had a dirty blanket with strands of hair. I notified guest services for replacement and they gave us another blanket for the kids to sleep on. The hairdryer broke and was replaced right away. However, during our third day of visit, we were locked out of our room! Why? We paid points on 1st two nights and paid cash on the third night. I specifically mentioned this to the receptionist to ensure we don't need to change rooms. However, our key did not work on the 3rd day. It turned out the same day, it rained and we were coming back from the beach. Since I did not bring my ID, I can't believe we were asked to wait for security for 15 minutes for the key at our floor while we were dripping wet and the children were cold. This was something we could not tolerate so I had to mention this to guest services when we checked out the 4th day. The receptionist did nothing but apologize. However, I spoke with the manager myself and raised this issue and was told that I was getting back some of my points for the inconvenience. We expected Hilton to be better but the hotel needs major improvements.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank baddudette
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience. We are very excited to share that our rooms will be going through a full renovation, beginning later this year; and do apologize that the sleeper sofa was showing signs of aging. I also apologize for the delay in re-entering your room and have addressed our process with the Front Office team and Security. I understand you had communication with our Managment team, but we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you further, at your convenience. I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you.
Great Barrington, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They went the extra mile to accommodate whatever we wanted. The rooms are large and new for a very reasonable rate. The location is great, its right on the beach. We never really went anywhere during the day because the pool was so nice. The restaurant could be better but there are many great places to eat near by. Ask the bell staff and concierge for anything and they will tell you where to get it or get it for you. Really loved had a great time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our Resort and that our team took good care of you. 'Going that extra mile' is what we aim to provide, and I appreciate that you took time to post a review. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you again.
Auburn, Maine, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We traveled here in August of 2009 and we had an excellent experience! The hotel was clean, up to date, and right on the beach! There were many nice shops and restaurants within walking distance and the area itself has a lot to offer!

Pros:
Nicely decorated
Great location
friendly staff
VERY clean

Cons:
Large mandatory parking fee
area is kind of expensive

All in all a great honeymoon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KasandraM
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for posting a review; we are pleased you enjoyed your special Honeymoon stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort back in 2009. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just back from a 4 night stay at the beach. ONLY complaint I can share is the need to rent beach chairs on the beach directly in front of the hotel, just $10, but still. They do have someone out there with towels for hotel guests, but not the chairs. Staff could not have been nicer, fitness center, all brand new precor equipment. Housekeeping, just delightful. Front desk, extremely friendly, so also the front door staff. Pool level amazing. Thank you all for making a beautifully sunny weekend even better! Also, I guess for non-hilton members, a daily charge of $14.95 for internet connection in room. In this day and age, really?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review; and I am pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable. It appears that our team provided personalized service, and we hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon. Thank you.