“Great Hotel and Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The location of this hotel is in the heart of Fort Lauderdale. The service, food and rooms were all what you would expect of a Hilton property. I would not stay anywhere else in Fort Lauderdale. . The pool is very nice and service exceptional! I especially want to thank Fernando for his award winning service!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TJ M
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Resort, and that the service was 'exceptional"! I will share your comments with our entire team, and ensure that Fernando receives the recognition he deserves. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,161)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this resort for three nights to get away from the winter cold season in our area. Our impression was excellent. The luggage staff were friendly and accomodating. The room looks clean but the sofa bed was extremely worn out with stains and had a dirty blanket with strands of hair. I notified guest services for replacement and they gave us another blanket for the kids to sleep on. The hairdryer broke and was replaced right away. However, during our third day of visit, we were locked out of our room! Why? We paid points on 1st two nights and paid cash on the third night. I specifically mentioned this to the receptionist to ensure we don't need to change rooms. However, our key did not work on the 3rd day. It turned out the same day, it rained and we were coming back from the beach. Since I did not bring my ID, I can't believe we were asked to wait for security for 15 minutes for the key at our floor while we were dripping wet and the children were cold. This was something we could not tolerate so I had to mention this to guest services when we checked out the 4th day. The receptionist did nothing but apologize. However, I spoke with the manager myself and raised this issue and was told that I was getting back some of my points for the inconvenience. We expected Hilton to be better but the hotel needs major improvements.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank baddudette
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience. We are very excited to share that our rooms will be going through a full renovation, beginning later this year; and do apologize that the sleeper sofa was showing signs of aging. I also apologize for the delay in re-entering your room and have addressed our process with the Front Office team and Security. I understand you had communication with our Managment team, but we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you further, at your convenience. I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you.
Great Barrington, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They went the extra mile to accommodate whatever we wanted. The rooms are large and new for a very reasonable rate. The location is great, its right on the beach. We never really went anywhere during the day because the pool was so nice. The restaurant could be better but there are many great places to eat near by. Ask the bell staff and concierge for anything and they will tell you where to get it or get it for you. Really loved had a great time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our Resort and that our team took good care of you. 'Going that extra mile' is what we aim to provide, and I appreciate that you took time to post a review. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you again.
Auburn, Maine, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We traveled here in August of 2009 and we had an excellent experience! The hotel was clean, up to date, and right on the beach! There were many nice shops and restaurants within walking distance and the area itself has a lot to offer!

Pros:
Nicely decorated
Great location
friendly staff
VERY clean

Cons:
Large mandatory parking fee
area is kind of expensive

All in all a great honeymoon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KasandraM
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for posting a review; we are pleased you enjoyed your special Honeymoon stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort back in 2009. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just back from a 4 night stay at the beach. ONLY complaint I can share is the need to rent beach chairs on the beach directly in front of the hotel, just $10, but still. They do have someone out there with towels for hotel guests, but not the chairs. Staff could not have been nicer, fitness center, all brand new precor equipment. Housekeeping, just delightful. Front desk, extremely friendly, so also the front door staff. Pool level amazing. Thank you all for making a beautifully sunny weekend even better! Also, I guess for non-hilton members, a daily charge of $14.95 for internet connection in room. In this day and age, really?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review; and I am pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable. It appears that our team provided personalized service, and we hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon. Thank you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed at this property 2x. I have too say the hotel is not what it used to be. Our room was nice but not that clean. we stayed in a 2bdr suite. upon entering the room I noticed the walls were dirty, the couch was stained and the balcony was dirty. I am a germ freak, so this was not super appealing to me. I had reserved a crib for my daughter prior to coming to the hotel and it was not in the room. They finally brought it up. after i had to call numerous times too see where it was. My daughter was ready for bed and no crib. the same goes for a high chair. it was never in the room. after finally recieveing it, it was FILTHY. I called down too ask for a new one and housekepping said this was there last one that they would clean it. Upon brining it back they said nice and clean and we even disenfected it! call me crazy, but shouldnt this have been done already???!! The pool area cushions were not clean and not in as nice of condition as my prior trip. with all the hotels along the beach I would def. not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sbb1478
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I regret to hear about the issues you encountered and we will work with our Housekeeping team to address and rectify the problems you noted. We strive to provide our guests with the best accommodations and hospitality possible and your comments will help us as we continuously work to improve our Guests' satisfaction. We are also reviewing current housekeeping operations to ensure all procedures for servicing guest rooms (including baby cribs) are being met. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Kind regards,
Harwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I'd like to share my very positive experience with you from my visit to this hotel in Jan-2013! The staff in every department was fantastic and made me feel so very welcome by accommodating me at every turn! From upper management to the front desk personnel to the restaurant folks all the way to the valet team, they showed great consideration and service!
The location is fantastic on the beach with great options for dining within walking distance. The breakfast buffet can't be beaten!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a corner suite with three balconies over looking the intracoastal waterway and...