Stayed for one night pre cruise last year - loved it so much, decided to come for a week this year over Christmas. We booked a one bedroom suite at half the price of comparable properties ie., Marriot and Ritz. Our room was on the corner with a large wrap around balcony that faced the pool and part of the beach. Absolutely stunning, modern, clean and no mouldy odours.
The on site restaurant was better than most hotel restaurants with a nice atmosphere, the pool area large enough and attractive - there is also a quiet patio to lie out that can be accessed through a little gate just adjacent to the pool. The pool service was pretty good with servers coming by on a regular basis.
Beach rentals are 10.00 per chair and 20.00 for an umbrella. This, unfortunately is standard in Fort Lauderdale except for the Ritz which is "free" but you more than make up for it in the price of the room. Also, valet with tax at the HIlton is just under 35.00. with in and out privileges.
Front desk help very helpful but housekeeping issues extremely bizarre.
While I was aware from reading Trip Advisor Reviews that you should ask upon check in to have the kitchen stocked, when they did bring up our dishes etc. many were completely filthy. They did replace them with what was suppose to be cleaner items, however, some were still dirty and I asked if I could have dish washing soap to wash by hand. They explained that for "sanitary reasons," they were no longer allowed to give out dish soap, only dishwasher soap!
I also asked to have a frying pan as we liked to have breakfast in our room, and they said they had given them all out and it would take 24 hours to get one. When it did arrive a day later - no sooner was it taken away the next morning, to, I presume, someone else who needed it!
I had to ask for it back.
When I mentioned all of this to the front desk manager, he was very apologetic, but explained that perhaps I didn't understand that these rooms were actually condo rentals, and that was why there are no kitchen utensils immediately on hand.
However, all the condos I have ever rented always have a stocked kitchen - so this of course did not make any sense. When I also asked why I couldn't have any hand dish soap, he said that the dishwashers were more sanitary (even though the utensils I received were filthy), but he did manage to get me some.
Further, one night when the maids came to clean our room, they left our door wide open!
Again, the front desk was very apologetic but obviously there's some serious housekeeping management issues to work out.
Apart from this, it is a beautiful property on a lovely part of the beach, walking distance to stores and restaurants and a five minute drive to the night life and restaurants of Las Olas.
Las Olas Favourites: Would recommend Johnny V for a really great and imaginative dinner menu, nice atmosphere, and fabulous assortment of cheeses and wines - also Tuscan Grille for Italian. Not that impressed with Trata Greek Tavern, very average Greek food - nothing special. Make sure to stop at Kilwin's Chocolates and Ice Cream while at Las Olas - amazing assortment of fresh fudge and chocolates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton