“Nice location and ocean view”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night only before starting the cruise. My studio room on 12th floor was huge and facing the ocean, it had big private terrase, 2 bathrooms, fully equiped kitchen with bar desk. The hotel has 24 hours room service.
And it is only 15 minutes drive to the cruise ship!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank poleff
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We appreciate your review; and hope you can stay a little longer next time!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had dinner the other night which was amazing couldn't have asked for a better server and plate. The highlight of our night was the dessert. Something was different this time. We've had dessert there before but never like this, The pastries were "off the chain".... soooo good! Took my breath away... whatever change keep it up. I'm sure will be back soon.

Room Tip: very happy with the hotel overall
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMJ780

Thank you for posting a review with tripadvisor; we appreciate the comments, and very pleased that you enjoyed your dinner and dessert. Our new Pastry Chef, Francisco, will be very happy to read about the 'amazing pastries', and I will ensure he receives the recognition he deserves. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My bro and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend. What a treat! Everything was really good, including food, a house DJ by the pool, cleanliness and service by staff. The spa is a must, if you have a chance to go. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The best thing however, was the location and the beautiful view! It is definitely pricey, though. I was lucky enough to have my brother take me there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vanessa M
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I was pleased to read your review about your past stay over Labor Day weekend. It certainly appears that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable! We look forward to your next visit. Thank you.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you want a quiet beach getaway do not stay here. We just returned from a week stay and had a bad time at this resort with construction noise. We were on the 2nd floor in a beautiful 2 bedroom suite however construction was ongoing during our our stay on the 1st floor directly underneath our room and balcony. We heard jack hammers from 9 am to 5 pm. We could not sit on our very nice and spacious balcony because the workers were right in front of us below with cement work in progress - not a pretty sight. No privacy. We had to go to other areas of the resort to find a quiet place to relax. We complained 3 times. We could not be moved because the resort was booked solid for the holiday. We were told the construction would stop for the weekend but on Saturday it started again as we returned from the beach to take a rest. The manager adjusted our rate for only 3 nights of the 7. I was told at check out that if I returned to this resort they would upgrade my room. We will not return. I am very disappointed with our stay since we paid a premium rate for this suite. Ratings for other areas of resort are as follows:
Housekeeping - poor. I tipped well the first day thinking I would get great service. Not. The next day the room was not serviced. I had to call to get towels, coffee and toilet paper. We ran out of toilet paper twice during our stay and also towels were an issue. One day we were supplied with blue stripe beach towels!
Pool - very windy. I will compare to W and Westin - both have pools on the upper levels but not as windy. The service at the pool was excellent. The staff very attentive and nice.
Restaurant - (Ilios) excellent service. Very friendly waitstaff. Sushi was also very good with delightful presentations! LaMarche - again excellent service here as well. Very convenient for morning coffee and lunches.
Bell - again excellent service. Thanks to them for requesting our room be supplied with eating utensils as they are not automatically supplied.
Valet - did not use but when heading to airport they have a shuttle at the resort for a flat fee as opposed to taking a cab, Great way to go.
Front desk - they were very good until you have a complaint. I took a video/audio from my iphone to illustrate the frustration we had with the noise. The Manager said well there was no construction on Saturday to which I replied "I recorded the video on Saturday"! Also, when I called down to complain on Saturday I was told the Manager would call me back. I received to call or message. I had to go down in person on Sunday.
Room - very nice - 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room. Large balcony. Beds and pillows comfortable. Nice showers and space to store items.
Beach - across street. Attendants were very welcoming and offered towels and water. Chairs were rental only for $10 a day.
Location - great location but alot of road noise with A1A steps in front of the hotel. I would recommend a higher room. No need for a car here. Can walk to all restaurants and water taxi.

If it were not for the construction noise and view that really ruined out stay I would have given a rating of 4 stars.....

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors until construction is complete!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kate413

Thank you for sharing your experience with us; my apologies about the noise issues and the misunderstanding about construction hours on the weekend. We are working with our contractors and other members of our team to review and adjust times, as well as proper communication to our guests. I am sorry about for the inconvenience and appreciate your flexibility. I've also addressed the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping team. I am pleased you found our restaurant and concierge team pleasant; and I have shared your feedback with them. At your convenience, I would greatly appreciate further discussion directly. I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We recently spent close to a week at the hotel during a really busy part of the year i.e. New Year. We thus paid the highest rates of the year. Overall, the suite is great with a great view and a wonderful master bathroom and a small kitchenette which the hotel is happy to stock. The location is great with the beach being a step away. Staff attitude is great but they were really stretched at this time,Breakfast waiting was normally half an hour with a not so great buffet - something you dont expect after the rates you pay. Also paying for chairs and umbrellas at the beach was a new experience.Elevator waits were also long.But overall, the setting and the friendly staff made it a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BeepsZurich

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I was happy to read that your Suite was comfortable, with a great view, and that your overall experience was positive. I do apologize for the delays at breakfast time, and will share your comments with our Food and Beverage team. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Although the service of the hotel, the cleanliness and many other things were great, the hotels ambience was that of a very sophisticated NYC hotel. It wasn't really what you'd expect to find on the beach. It was formal and stiff, out of place to its surroundings. The beach across the street is owned by the town therefore, you pay $25 to have a chair unless you bring your own. The hotel will give you a towel but its best to have the chair. You cannot get service on the beach either for food or drinks. The 6th floor pool area of the hotel is a good attempt at a beach resort pool but its small for a resort. In fact, I don't know why they call this a resort at all. It has only 2 restaurants and one is Starbucks. The beach and pool area are noisy due to traffic and construction going on in nearby hotels and on the street. I would have preferred a quieter, more relaxing setting. I would Definately stay here again but only if I couldn't get a room at the Hilton Galleria which I prefer because it has its own little beach and is on the intercostal where you have access to the water taxi that goes up and down the waterway.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for posting a review; we appreciate your candid comments. I am pleased to hear that the service and cleanliness were 'great'. We are very excited that our new Restaurant, S3, will be opening in 2013, and look forward to nearby construction being finished. We hope we have a chance to host your stay again; and should you require any assistance with reservations, please feel free to reach out directly to 954-414-2602.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently spent two weeks at this hotel for multiple business meetings. I travel regularly for business and this hotel surpassed all my expectations.

First of all location: The location is amazingly beautiful, right in front of the Ft. Lauderdale beach area in the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, so guests have either the option of working out in the very nice fitness room or go for a run/walk along the boardwalk in the beach...absolutely amazing. The great part when comparing with staying at the Miami South Beach area, is that it has the same amazing view without all the noise and crowd of South Beach, so if you're looking for a more relaxing atmosphere this is by far a much better choice.

Rooms: Both rooms I stayed at (I went back and forth those two weeks), were very nicely appointed with views to the ocean. I stayed in a Junior Suite and a Suite and in both I would wake up in the morning to the beautiful view of the ocean. The carpet and furnishings were nice and clean and the room had a fresh smell. Also, I had a very good quality of sleep since the rooms have good noise isolation. A small disclaimer is that rooms (at least Jr. Suites and Suites) have kitchens with appliances such as microwave oven, fridge, stove, etc. but oddly enough there are no water bottles in the room. However, the front desk staff offers a complimentary bottle of water upon check in. This is good to note when you're ready for bed late at night and all of a sudden you want water and realize you don't have bottles in the room.

Facilities: The facilities such as gym and pool area were very nice. The pool and the restaurant's outdoor terrace overlook the ocean area so it was really good to have lunches and breakfast in this area. The parking is valet only so if you're bringing a car (which is recommended in the Ft. Lauderdale area), please note that there is a $34.00 daily charge for parking. Meeting rooms area is not too large, meeting rooms located in the second floor, but for small groups of 30 people, it works perfectly.

Staff: From the moment you step into the hotel, one of the things that was noticeable and consistent was the service provided by all the staff. The Valet Parking staff was warm and welcoming, as well as the front desk and concierge staff. Meeting staff was absolutely amazing and friendly - I made friends with Patti, a lovely lady who greeted me every morning by my name. Managers were checking up on the group on a regular basis as well. We had our food and beverages served on time, and they were flexible to our needs. The food quality was very nice compared to the average hotel. This is one of the reasons why I would definitively come back to this hotel or recommend to anyone.

Overall this hotel met and surpassed my expectations. Location is great, rooms are very good, and service was definitively a plus. Would come back here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! I could not be more pleased to read 'great hotel, attentive service, and great location'; this is the type of Resort experience we strive for. Understanding you were with us for business meetings, we hope you have a chance to join us for a leisure stay as well. I will share your comments with our entire team; and we look forward to your next visit.