WINNER WONDERLAND

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for Veteran's Day weekend based on recommendations from a friend who stays there on every visit to Fort Lauderdale, and reassured by the positive reviews on this site. I am so glad that the Hilton Beach Resort surpassed every expectation and shattered any doubt I had before checking in.
Had to upgrade my room from a double queen to a junior suite, and let me tell you, the extra money was well worth it. First of all, it guarantees you a fantastic view of the ocean, that even though was not frontal, still made for a great sight after getting up in the morning. Secondly, it gives you ample space for your stuff and the bathroom includes an amazing tub with whirpool. It is often hard (if not impossible) for me to find a tub where I can fit, being that I am well over six feet, but this one would accomodate two people comfortably.
The property is located on a quiet area of the road directly across from the beach (A1A?) and within walking distance to bars, quaint restaurants and the sought after Las Olas Boulevard area.
Everyone got out of their way to make us feel at home and make sure our needs were attended. I had read on previous reviews here that they did not have housekeeping, or that the room was not equipped with glasses, but both points proved to be false. Even when we requested extra towels, they were promptly brought to us in less than ten minutes, very impressive for a hotel this size.
Pool area is one of the best I've enjoyed at any city: open, decent size pool, and directly overlooking the ocean. When I stayed there the winds were incredibly strong, which made the pool water frigid, so maybe it would be a good idea to install some kind of heating system so everyone can enjoy a splash at any given time.
Wish I had gotten names from the staff that helped us; front desk attendants, our housekeeper, the pool man and the valet people were all A1. They do not even stand waiting for a tip (like I'm sure most frequent travelers have experienced), they simply assume a job well done is their reward, so it is always gratifying to give back in return.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely! I am already planning my next getaway and I will tell every one of my friends to check this hotel. You get what you pay for, so it may not fit everyone's budget, but if you got the extra cash to splurge, definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade when checking in, and be sure to ask for a higher floor. They host parties in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L M
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Wow; thank you for the great review! I couldn't be more pleased to read that we 'surpassed every expectation'; and that you're planning your next stay. We try to ensure that our guests are provided with personalized service, comfortable accommodations, and a relaxing time at our pool or the beautiful beach out front. Should you require any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,093)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at this hotel! When I arrived, my room was upgraded to a Jr. Suite. It was clean, comfortable, and had deck access. Lounge chairs were right outside my sliding doors, or I could choose to walk around to the pool area. During the day, this area is very busy with sun bathers and the music is appropriate for a young crowd (although maybe a bit loud). Service at the bar seemed a bit selective for those who frequented it though. Pool staff are extremely friendly, even if you are just passing by. Service was absolutely exceptional and enjoyable at the sixth floor restaurant - all the staff were dedicated to making your meal as perfect as possible, delivering it with smiles and friendly chat. It's a quick walk down to the beach.

Room Tip: If you want to spend a fair amount of time at the pool area, get a room on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. Your comments reflect a great experience, and I am very pleased that ilios Restuarant provided the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I will certainly share your kind words with our entire team, and we look forward to your next visit!
Medowie, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

The staff were fantastic. Special thanks to Vicki for her help when I was feeling stressed and Tamas and Richard who always had smiling faces and were ready to help with whatever needed. We would definitely saty here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It's a pleasure to read 'The staff were fantastic'! We are pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable; and will certainly recognize Vicki, Tamas, and Richard for providing top notch service. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you back soon!
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This review will quickly encompass our stay of 4 nights in early November.

Booked a 1br suite. With the addition of our third child, the wife and I decided to see family in FL, and realized our usual room type wasn't big enough. And with people visiting we wanted more room, specially to move up into a 2br. I'm a HHonors Gold member, so I figured I would send am email to the GM of this property, Andreas, asking if he could help in this regard. Got no response. Called about a week from arriving, got a call back from John. He said if it was available, they would put us in the 2br. Checked in with Kelley, she saw nothing in the remarks, told her what John told us, then left and came back. No more questions, we were put in the 2 br. We are thankful for that!

1st room, 902, had a door lock that didn't work. They couldn't get it to work so about 7 pm we changed into 1502.

Several issues with this room. Couch was incredibly dirty/soiled with a small tear. We used towels when the kids sat on the couch. The lock plate for the sliding "U" bolt that locks the sliding glass doors to the outside was detached and the screws were on floor. Again not good with kids so young. Both tubs were chipped/repainted. Glass to balcony very dirty. But we were happy for the upgrade so we didn't complain. But we did call to get the lock for the sliding glass door fixed.

The 2 br affords a lot of space but the problem with this hotel is that it is not very family friendly. With the original purpose being a condo unit, built during the real estate bubble, not much attention was paid (rightly so) to areas for kids at this property. There is simply nowhere for them to run around. Pool area is very nice, but it is crowded and on the small side. Immediately outside the hotel the check-in area is busy and A1A is a very busy street. Boxed in.

We checked out the Mariott Beach Resort (1.5m south) and what a world of difference. Room to run around, plenty of green-space, and it's right on the water. No busy street to cross. With a double stroller and third in tow, this ease of getting to the beach is huge.

If you are a couple with no kids, this hotel is for you. For families, there are much better family friendly options, number one being the Mariott. We are a Hilton family but if we stay in this area again, we would not chose this Hilton property.

People are friendly, rooms very large with a good location but in the end there isn't enough room to stretch out here. It feels like what it was designed to be, a higher end condo building.

Room Tip: Southeast facing. You get beautiful sunsets with downtown views. Beautiful at night!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jwb1
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay. We strive to provide personalized experiences for each of our guests, and apologize about the housekeeping and guestroom issues. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly and can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you once again.
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Hilton staff at the Resort was fantastic! They provided excellent service...very friendly, helpful, and professional! Some staff members went above and beyond for us. We stayed in the Penthouse Suite and it was beautiful. We LOVED our experience at this Hilton!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 23robertsrs
Thank you for taking the time to post a review; I am always happy to hear that our team went above and beyond. The Penthouse view is fantastic; glad you enjoyed!
St. Lucia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in a Junior Suite with a side view of the Ocean.
The room was very comfortable, great bed spacious bathroom , and great amenities like Coffee Maker, Fridge, Microwave etc.
The Hotel has a lovely pool area overlooking the Ocean with plenty of help available for towels drinks etc.
Breakfast was a buffet which was well stocked and the staff were very friendly and eager to assist,
The Bar was nice to have something to eat and the friendly bar man poured great cocktails.
What I really liked was the location .. being able to walk across the road to the lovely beach that Fort Lauderdale offers.. Malls and other restaurants are also quite close .. cabs are generally parked outside the Hotel. the Hotel also provides well priced SUV transportation to the airport.

Loved my stay ..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would personally like to thank you for the great review on your stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Your comments reflect a great Resort experience; and we certainly hope you will return in the near future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love this hotel. I frequently do business in Boca Raton and have stayed in nearly ten hotels around Boca/Ft. Lauderdale/Boynton Beach Area and I can say this Hotel knocks all of their socks off.

First the rooms are very clean and the bathroom is better than my bathroom at home (which says a lot because my bathroom at home is fabulous.) I always get a ocean view room (diff from an ocean front room) and sleep with the windows open. There's a hotel across the way, but not so close that it feels creepy.

I am a Hilton Gold Member and love the coupons that let me get tons of stuff each morning from the restaurant for my 30+ minute trek to Boca to my customers location. While I'm mentioning the trek - I should point out that A1A (yep like in the Vanilla Ice Songs) is very beautiful in this area and if you get a chance you should drive it.

But the hotel is great - the staff is great - the beach across the street is wonderful and I can walk to various other restaurants in the area. Valet brings my car quickly and the price is right - if I decide to visit the Ft. Lauderdale for more than business this would still be my hotel.

Check it out - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Remember there's a difference between ocean front and ocean view. Ocean view rooms are nice and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chocokide
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review; we are pleased that our Resort has become your hotel of choice during your business trips. We also appreciate your loyalty to Hilton as a Gold Honors Member and look forward to your future visits. Thank you again!