I booked this hotel for Veteran's Day weekend based on recommendations from a friend who stays there on every visit to Fort Lauderdale, and reassured by the positive reviews on this site. I am so glad that the Hilton Beach Resort surpassed every expectation and shattered any doubt I had before checking in.
Had to upgrade my room from a double queen to a junior suite, and let me tell you, the extra money was well worth it. First of all, it guarantees you a fantastic view of the ocean, that even though was not frontal, still made for a great sight after getting up in the morning. Secondly, it gives you ample space for your stuff and the bathroom includes an amazing tub with whirpool. It is often hard (if not impossible) for me to find a tub where I can fit, being that I am well over six feet, but this one would accomodate two people comfortably.
The property is located on a quiet area of the road directly across from the beach (A1A?) and within walking distance to bars, quaint restaurants and the sought after Las Olas Boulevard area.
Everyone got out of their way to make us feel at home and make sure our needs were attended. I had read on previous reviews here that they did not have housekeeping, or that the room was not equipped with glasses, but both points proved to be false. Even when we requested extra towels, they were promptly brought to us in less than ten minutes, very impressive for a hotel this size.
Pool area is one of the best I've enjoyed at any city: open, decent size pool, and directly overlooking the ocean. When I stayed there the winds were incredibly strong, which made the pool water frigid, so maybe it would be a good idea to install some kind of heating system so everyone can enjoy a splash at any given time.
Wish I had gotten names from the staff that helped us; front desk attendants, our housekeeper, the pool man and the valet people were all A1. They do not even stand waiting for a tip (like I'm sure most frequent travelers have experienced), they simply assume a job well done is their reward, so it is always gratifying to give back in return.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely! I am already planning my next getaway and I will tell every one of my friends to check this hotel. You get what you pay for, so it may not fit everyone's budget, but if you got the extra cash to splurge, definitely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Cancelon, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton