We just returned from spending 5 nights at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We chose this hotel because we have a 3 month old baby, and we wanted a place with a kitchen area for washing bottles. We had an ocean view room (we were disappointed that being Hilton Gold didn't give us an upgrade, as the ocean front rooms are considered "specialty" rooms).
The room (think of it as a one bedroom condo) had a half bath just off the entry hall, a full kitchen (not stocked with anything, not even water in the fridge, plates, bottle opener, nothing), decent sized living room, and then a nice sized bedroom, huge closet, and insanely huge bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower. The covered balcony is shaped like two triangles, with a bit that connects the bedroom balcony to the living room one. The balcony wasn't huge, but it was big enough. Overall, we were impressed to have such a large space for the money we were paying.
As Hilton gold members, we received two complimentary continental breakfasts every day, or we could use the vouchers toward food at the cafe on the first floor. The continental breakfast on the 6th floor was nicely presented, but super lame once you tried to pick stuff to eat. If you love bread bread bread, then you will enjoy it, but if you want some variety, go with the cafe option (that way you can get a latte, quiche, bagel with cream cheese, etc that isn't offered on the 6th floor). The first day the waitress even gave us a free upgrade to the hot breakfast, but it wasn't that hot and there wasn't much to choose from.
A few things annoyed us at the hotel. As others have mentioned, the car valet parking at $31.99 per day PLUS tipping every time you want your car is ridiculous. We also requested dishwasher soap 3 times before we were told they didn't have any. Finally, the cabanas are priced as if they were in Miami, which is why no one uses them. I would have paid $50 to use a cabana for a few hours, but not $95 for a half day, or $150 for a full day.
Overall, the hotel is very nice. The halls and rooms are quiet, the furnishings are nice enough, and we had a comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton