“Really nice Hilton!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This Hilton had modern and very large rooms. Also had a fantastic location across from beach. I had a junior suite which was really nice and the view off the deck was fantastic. Very nice place and i highly recommend it. The weather wasn't a turn off either!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bufind
Write a ReviewReviews (5,446)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I had stayed here once in 2010, which is why I chose it again for our most recent trip to Fort Lauderdale. I must say though I don't remember the prices for their amenities being so insane!! I realized after booking a car rental that they don't have self-parking, which is a huge bummer, but I figured we might be able to find street parking around the hotel. Nope! Every single space within a several block radius of the hotel is metered. So we were essentially forced to pay the $31.95 (+ tax!) valet charge, which is absolutely outrageous! I'm from NYC and I don't even pay that much a day at my parking garage!! So you can imagine 5 days of parking really added up. Not to mention a $14.99 per day charge for internet in 2012 where any coffee shop you come across offers free Wifi?? Come on, Hilton...I'm not cheap, and I'm all for splurging while on vacation but I refuse to overpay for things when I know they're offered cheaper or FREE!! Looking at the room service menu made me choke - a $15 wrap wasn't quite done at $15, there was also a mandatory 22% gratuity, a 2% service charge, some additional $5 service fee, plus 6% sales tax. No, thank you. Although I'm partly glad it looked so expensive because it allowed us to discover some really great places to eat nearby (Southport Raw Bar!! $6.50 pitchers and fresh, delicious oysters at happy hour - YES, PLEASE!).

I will say though, their service really was fantastic...if not slightly overbearing at times. Having someone follow me to open the car door for me every single time I got in was nice at first but became a little much. Overall though, the valet guys and the receptionists were extremely nice, friendly and helpful. They didn't even bat an eyelash before changing our room when I mentioned that our neighbors were being a little...ahem...loud during the night. The pool is beautiful - although they got rid of the really comfy chairs I remember from our first stay - and the beach access is great (just be aware that each chair costs $10, each cushion on the chair costs an extra $5, and an umbrella costs $20 to rent...).

I don't know that we would stay here again unless they reduce their valet cost specifically. Everything else we could get around. But we did mostly enjoy our stay anyway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Oriana B
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for the review and your candid comments about your recent stay. While our valet parking charge is competitive with the other hotels on Fort Lauderdale Beach, we do appreciate the feedback from our guests and will share accordingly. We are pleased that our Resort team provided the kind of service you should expect, and hope you have a chance to stay with us again. If we can assist with future reservations, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 954-414-2602.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I love this hotel and come here often. In fact, the only time I stay anywhere else in south Florida is when I travel with my dog--not pet friendly! This trip was short. I was in town for a wedding weekend and for only the second time was NOT upgraded (Diamond Hilton status) to a suite. It was disappointing, but the hotel was full due to a wedding and holiday weekend.

I still had an amazing time. The staff here is top notch--considerate, helpful, friendly, even the newest to the staff.

Yolanda, the hostess at Illios was wonderful! Very helpful. The breakfast has improved, if that's possible and the price has gone down a bit. And Amos at poolside was funny and helpful, too, as were all of the people poolside. The concierge is always helpful and kind.

We always rent a poolside cabana on Sundays for football and sunshine--the best combination. My friend had a long massage and said it was amazing, too.

If they ever go pet-friendly I will be here even more often. Lovely place. Cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel. All seem to be ocean partial or intercoastal p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

We appreciate that you took the time to post a review on tripadvisor; and thank you for your continued loyalty. The Sunrise Terrace Cabana is the perfect afternoon retreat, and even better with a football game to watch! I wil ensure that Yolanda and Amos receive the recognition they deserve, and we certainly look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our family of 5 plus nanny had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Fr. Lauderdale Beach Resort. We had a perfect 2 bedroom suite plus they accomodated our nanny with a room next door. It was beyond our expectations. My husband is Hilton Diamond and therefore we are more inclined to stay at a Hilton and have stayed at several. This one is my favorite so far, for our family. The pool isn't huge or fancy but for us, it was perfect, as was the beach across the way. We had a full kitchen and that helped tremendously with our 12 month old baby & son with special needs.

Thank you, Hilton!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank evanTX
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We appreciate your review; and always pleased to hear that our team took good care of you and your family. Our 2 Bedroom Suites are perfect for the larger family; a chance to be truly comfortable when you're traveling. I thank you for your loyalty to Hilton, and hope that the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort can be your Home away from Home when you travel to the Fort Lauderdale area!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

A one week stay at the Hilton Beach Resort in Ft Lauderdale. Staff is excellent and friendly. Concierge Jaime Ramirez made the big difference to our trip. He helped us plan what to do and used his contacts to ensure we got the best service and experience what ever activity it was. Front desk manager Richard Hess, managed to extend our stay and stay in our room despite restrictions in our booking. Thanks Hilton Beach Resort for making this vacation to something special!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter K

Thank you, once again, for the wonderful comments about your recent stay. I have recognized the Team Members mentioned and shared with their respective departments. We will look forward to your next visit, where once again we can deliver the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my second stay here at the Hilton beach resort and I must say I will certainly be coming back without a doubt. The level of service and attentiveness by the staff makes each individual feel imporant. For this trip my husband and I decided to take a week and come down for our anniversary without our 2 1/2 year old. The Hilton was just what we needed, the pool area is a superb place for relaxation. The palm trees and comfortable lounge chairs add to the ambience of the beach view with the pool being just steps away. The attendants at the pool immediately greet you with water and towels, get your lounge chair set up for you. This level of service was, while Im sure expected at a "Hilton", was for me above and beyond my own expectations. The cleanliness at the pool area also gets an A+.

For our anniversary we wanted to go out for a nice dinner, not knowing the area well, we consulted with the concierge desk. Gilmore (the concierge) took his time in sitting down with us and finding out what tyPe of food, atmosphere, price range etc we were looking for. He made Our reservations and was sure to let them know to make it extra special for our anniversary. We had an amazing dinner based upon his recommendation. Everytime we came through the lobby after meeting him, he always chatted with us, nice to get such personal attention at a large resort.

Our room was also fantastic, we had reserved an ocean view king and were able to see the ocean from our bed, which was more the what I expected. The jacuzzi tub was amazing (especially at 6 1/2 months pregnant!!), though I did call the front desk after filling it because the water appeared yellow/green. I was assured that it was partly due to the lighting in the bathroom and the water treatment process.

Overall if you are looking for great service and some luxury at a good price the Hilton is definitely it.

• Stayed: September 2012
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you! We appreciate all the wonderful comments about your recent stay; and very pleased to hear that we took good care of you while celebrating a special occasion! Going 'above and beyond' is exactly what we aim for and it looks like we achieved our goal. I will also ensure that Gilmore receives the recogntion he deserves for providing personalized service. We hope you will be back soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the last year (Dec '11 and Sept '12). We always stay in the 1 bedroom king suite. It is like having a condo on the beach! It is a one bedroom with one and a half bathrooms, a full kitchen, living room, and a large patio with magnificent views of the ocean and all the comforts of home. We like having the flexibility of eating some meals in, which is easy to do with a full kitchen. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a problem with the room's safe twice on the last trip and both times someone came to fix it within 5 minutes of calling the front desk. The valet service is pricey, but in line with other hotels on the beach. The buffet breakfast at the restaurant on the 6th floor is very good, but also pricey. Unfortunately, every time we visit it is too windy or rainy to enjoy the pool or the beach, but the hotel is very close to all the shopping and restaurants on Las Olas Blvd. or Galleria Mall on Sunrise Blvd. So, an enjoyable time overall.

Room Tip: All rooms have some view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L H

We appreciate your candid comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We also thank you for your loyalty, and trust you will have many more opportunities to stay with us! Hopefully, during your next visit, the weather will cooperate so you can enjoy the beautiful 6th floor Sunrise Terrace Pool area. Thank you again!