$142
  • Beachfront
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
$106
$89
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$354
Conrad.com
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
Official Site
  • Pool
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$203
$172
Travelocity
$239
$223
  • Beachfront
5,822 results
All reviewsacross the streetilios restaurantfull kitchenwrap around balconyocean viewpool areajunior suitepool staffw hotelliving roomdiamond memberresort feevalet parkingper dayfort lauderdale beachan umbrellabeach chairs
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort twice during the last 4 months on business (February and June 2012). It is now my favorite hotel in Ft Lauderdale.
This hotel is less than 5 years old and it is actually a condo-hotel. Thus the minimum room is an efficiency unit with fridge, stove, microwave, sink, etc. The one-bedroom units have a full kitchen and a huge bathroom.
If you want to cook in the room, you will need to get the cooking and eating utensils from the hotel as they don't store them in the room.
All of the rooms have balconies - most with ocean views (in some rooms you may need to stretch a bit) - others face toward the City/West/Inter-coastal.
The 6th floor pool deck faces the ocean and has great views from the chairs adjacent to the glass wall - but be aware that these chairs fill up quickly with many 'reserving' their spot early.
On-site there is a coffee shop, pool level restaurant, and a new, fancy restaurant now under construction. There are many other restaurants within a 10 minute walk.
The lobby area is rather small and noisy - but how much time do you spend in the lobby?
Note that there is another Hilton in Ft Lauderdale - the Marina property. That is a VERY MUCH older hotel that is directly on the Inter-coastal. I stayed there a couple of times about 10 years ago when it was a Marriott - and the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort is a much nicer property. I wonder if some of the negative reviews are related to the Hilton Marina rather than the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank traffic_guru
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I used Hilton points for an intracoastal view. I was happy to find out when I arrived at 11 am that my room was ready and I was "upgraded". I can't imagine my room being an upgrade. It was newly decorated and the bed very comfortable, but it only had a view if you stuck your head off the balcony and was directly above the loading docks on the second floor. I probably got the worst room in the hotel so I am sure any other floor would be better. I could hear a lot of noise from the deliveries and street during the day but luckily we were out a lot. The bathroom was nice and spacious. The hallways felt old and smelled. I like the hotel location and that you could walk to a lot of restaurants. The staff was very friendly - front desk, valet's, bus boys, pool staff. The pool was a little small for the size of the hotel and very crowded. They also were short on towels and chair covers at the pool. When I asked if they would be washing the used ones and bringing more out they said no. Really, it was only 1PM!?! The frozen drinks at the pool bar were awful. Nothing like the fresh drinks I had at Hilton Parc Soleil in Orlando. Had to send back the Mango Daquiri becuase it was pure syrup and undrinkable (and I am not picky with alcohol!). I wasn't the only one sending drinks back for similar reasons. Food was very expensive, but my salad and quesadillas were great. Would only go back if I got a great deal for a room as I wasn't as impressed as other Hilton's I have stayed at recently.

Room Tip: Too much street noise on 2nd floor. Pool on 6 fl so noisy on 7th floor too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LovetoTravel3573
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is all about its location, and it was conveniently located across from the beach where we wanted to be. When we arrived, there is a lot of action in the lobby and it seemed small and noisy, but they do a good job of getting you checked in and up to your room quickly. Beware of the elevators - although there is a few of them, you will spend countless minutes waiting around. And when it does arrive, on several occasions we waited for the next one because they were too small to fit us and another family's luggage altogether.

The room we stayed in was a Junior Suite Oceanview and it was rather small for 2 adults, an 8 year old and a 19 month old. It was clean however and suitable, but we didn't feel the room rate was worth the value. Housekeeping was slow and disinterested after requests for additional towels and changing out our linens from down to non-down took forever. Kitchen is very small, but suitable for a couple of days I suppose. We mainly used the fridge.

Breakfast was less than stellar in terms of the service. They were so busy and understaffed that it was apparent. Many items we requested (like napkins and coffee) were forgotten by the servers. The food was good, but placed in various areas so that you were bumping into people.

The first day we went to the beach and was happy that the Hilton provided towels to its guests there. However, that was it. Slightly disappointed there when we paid $40 from some non-affiliate to rent two chairs and a umbrella. Also, it would have been nice to have a drink (but this might not be something the hotel can provide - so not faulting Hilton for that).

The second day we went to the pool and tried to rent a empty cabana at about noon. We were told that they cannot rent them out as they were reserved (although they weren't paid for or occupied). Seems like a poor way to make money when someone is willing to buy now and is there to enjoy it. As it turns out, two of them went unrented for the day as we expected. Another disappointment was that they only had one server for the pool area - again, an issue of being understaffed. She was very nice and apparently stressed trying to keep up when we could flag her down.

One thing I was impressed with was the kids club - on the day by the pool they came around and collected the kids for a fun three hour beach excursion. My son had a blast and it gave us an opportunity to spend some time with our little one while he played with an older crowd. Disappointing that we only learned of the kids club because of them coming around the pool however.

All-in-all, this hotel is just average in my book. I didn't walk away feeling as though I was provided the excellent service I would come to expect for the price and the name. In addition, I feel that if the hotel was properly staffed, they probably could have brought in a lot more money (at least from us). If we do come back to Fort Lauderdale we will probably try a different property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank itsabsolute
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stay at hotel for weekend at the end of June. The staff was the best. They went out of there way to make you feel special. Our room was a one bedroom king suite. It was exactly like the picture on there website.
We rented a cabana one day. The TV didn't work so they gave it to us for 50% off. We were not there to watch TV anyway so what a bargain.
We ate breakfast at the restaurant one morning it was a buffet very good.
I would go back and recommend to friends

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed for business in an oceanfront suite. I was blown away by the room (essentially a condo) and the hotel amenities. The gym is fantastic as well as the pool area. The staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant. Very luxurous and at a great price. I will definately be going back for business and for pleasure - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ocean View Suite highly recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business