$142
$124
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
$106
$89
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$159
$354
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
Official Site
  • Pool
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$203
$172
Hotels.com
$239
$223
  • Beachfront
5,822 results
All reviewsacross the streetilios restaurantfull kitchenwrap around balconyocean viewpool areajunior suitepool staffw hotelliving roomdiamond memberresort feevalet parkingper dayfort lauderdale beachan umbrellabeach chairs
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Beach Resort (HBR) after our cruise on the Allure of the Seas (which was great!). We were celebrating a special occasion. As a Gold HHonors member we had the usual perks: complementary water (unlimited from the front desk), Wi-Fi, and continental breakfast (which we upgraded to a full buffet for a nominal fee – the breakfast was excellent– one of the best we've had). Special mention should go out to the breakfast crew and manager, and front desk staff. These people are very well trained and deliver outstanding service.

Having stayed at the Hilton Marina (HM) pre cruise, I must say the HBR is a better hotel in all respects.

The check in process was excellent, the lady acknowledged my status with HHonors and informed me that we had been upgraded to a full suite with an ocean view. Seeing though we had arrived early from disembarking from the Allure (7am-ish), there were no surprises that our room wasn't ready yet. The lady at the front desk was lovely and provided us with additional breakfast vouchers for that morning so we could fill our hungry bellies.

Breakfast was fantastic. We've eaten gourmet breakfasts around the world and must say that HBR put on a delicious fresh and wholesome breakfast, with great variety. As I mentioned above, the waitresses at breakfast were phenomenal – these ladies are so caring I thought they could have been my mum for a second, as they offered additional drinks (coffee, freshly squeezed OJ, water etc) 'to go' just in case we were thirsty later on. One particular waitress, Claudia, was so good I felt it necessary to fill in the outstanding service document the hotel provides now and then – I hope the General Manager acknowledges her great work!

The suite itself was impressive (and we've seen a lot of luxurious hotels). It had 2 well appointed bathrooms, kitchenette (with stone bench tops), full size living room, and an awesome wrap around balcony with a gorgeous beach front view. The king size bed was very comfortable.

The shower was excellent it was clean, and had a large shower head with great water pressure. Also, the HBR provided great quality shower products and there were plenty of fresh towels at hand. One minor amenity which we would have liked to see is slippers (the HM had them?) – unfortunately we left our slippers at the HM, as we thought we would get news ones at the HBR (damn!)

One issue that I should raise is that even though we were on a high floor, we could still hear the traffic from the road (which separates the hotel from the beach). Not a huge issue, but it is a consideration if you are a light sleeper, perhaps request a room facing the back – yes you will have to sacrifice the beautiful view!).

The General Manager was so kind as to provide us with delicious chocolate strawberries and a large bottle of sparkling San Pellegrino water to congratulate our special occasion. This was a lovely personal touch which was greatly appreciated.

The gym at the hotel was good, it was like a mini boutique gym. There are enough weights and cardio machines to give a fitness junkie their fix. A water machine and fresh towels are provided. I thought it was hilarious when I arrived at the gym, I saw some hoodlum kid 'training' with his shirt off. To the relief of my eyeballs, he was promptly covered up as a security guard barked at him to be 'decent'. This was nearly as entertaining as watching an episode of Swamp People on cable. But I digress …

I recommend eating at Gilberts Diner (closer to HM) (rated no.1 place to eat in Ft L) , the food here is good, and the service is warm and friendly (family owned and operated) – we recommend that you eat here.

HBR is a short 10-15 minute taxi ride away from Port Everglades to all those cruisers out there.

We recommend the water taxi. The water taxi is an excellent means of travel around Fort Lauderdale which operates all day to quite late at night (I believe the service starts at 10am on weekends). The water taxi dock is around a 5 minute walk from the hotel, and is easy to find (take a right out of the hotel and turn left at the pink building and follow the water taxi sign). We found that it was actually more like a narrated tour of Ft Lauderdale! The young guy we had was very knowledgeable and provided an interesting commentary of the waterside mansions (eg. who owned them, what films they've been in etc). His commentary was punctuated by a few corny jokes which I also secretly enjoyed.

In Hollywood, we ate at Le Tub (voted best hamburgers in the US) and we enjoyed the food there, we had the burgers, ribs, pulled pork sandwich and fries – it was all good. The waitress could not believe that we could eat everything, she was impressed. We have fat people trapped inside our sculpted bodies.

To my delight, I sighted various signs in the intra waterway that we were entering a Manatee zone. Much to my disappointment we did not see any (I'm a die hard Manatee –cow of the sea lover). My wife attempted (in vain) to cheer me up by pointing out various inanimate objects which resemble and could possibly be a surfacing Manatee (in reality these were merely pieces of floating junk). Anyways I digress again…

We fine dined at Eduardo de San Angel which has had some great Zagat reviews. We must say that was one of the best Mexican meals we've eaten. The sole waiter was excellent too.

I would definitely stay at the HBR again. I recommend this hotel for people who are travelling to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise, who are looking for overnight or short term accommodation before heading to or coming back from Port Everglades.

Room Tip: Book a room on a high floor, request a view of the ocean. Breakfast is worth it here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Love2TravelML8
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first trip back to Ft Lauderdale in almost 5 years. I was looking forward to staying at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort and was able to score a terrific deal on their website for Memorial Day weekend. I stayed for 4 nights.

While the hotel is beautiful and the location can't be beat, the customer service at this hotel needs vast improvement.

Pros:
. as mentioned, the location - you're right on the beach! What more could you want? And the hotel conveniently provides beach towels for guests. Really nice.
. beautiful, spacious room - through the deal I got online, I reserved a junior suite. Terrific accommodations! Balcony with a beautiful beach and ocean view, mini kitchen with fridge, 2 big flat screen tvs, very comfortable bed, excellent shower and separate soaking tub with amazing bath products. And very nice turndown service each evening!
. the hotel restaurant - probably one of the best hotel breakfast experiences I've had! Depending on your room rate you may get breakfast vouchers otherwise the breakfast buffet is extraordinary as is just ordering a la carte from the menu. I had 2 breakfasts here and each meal was delicious. And terrific service from the wait staff at breakfast - super friendly, fast, efficient - great way to start the day.

Cons:
. the hotel restaurant - while service and food was top notch for breakfast, dinner was another story altogether. The wait staff was painfully inexperienced and slow. Orders were mixed up. Cocktails had to be sent back. The food, not so great. Salty. Very salty. Hard to believe it was the same place for breakfast! Really disappointing.
. WiFi in the room - I travel a lot to big and small cities all around the world. Sometimes it takes a while to log into a hotel's WiFi. But at a resort like the Hilton in Ft Lauderdale, it shouldn't take nearly 2 hours. For some reason, the WiFi connection was not working in my room. And to make matters worse, the hotel staff did very little to nothing to help solve the problem. An engineer was sent to my room who didn't know anything about WiFi. He only knew about cable hookups. Useless. The front desk passed me off to their AT&T call center in Texas to see if they could get the WiFi up and running. I was on hold and passed from AT&T agent to agent for close to an hour. This isn't something a guest should have to chase after; the hotel staff or management should have stepped in to resolve. It was infuriating. Finally after 2 hours, the AT&T customer service got the WiFi to work. The front desk called me to say to make up for the inconvenience, they would offer me vouchers to use in the restaurant for dinner. It took me close to 36 hours to get the vouchers. I was given excuse after excuse after excuse for why I hadn't received the vouchers, each time someone at the front desk always passed the buck to someone else rather than step up and accept responsibility. Don't offer a guest vouchers if you're not prepared to deliver. Completely unprofessional.
. in room safe - I always keep personal stuff in a hotel's in-room safe for peace of mind. On my last day, the safe wouldn't open. Over the course of an hour, and after a number of phone calls, not one but two engineers had to come to my room to try and open the safe. Again, all with an attitude that showed no sense of urgency or responsibility.

I mean, I was paying to stay here - right?

The hotel is beautiful. No question. The staff attempts to present white glove service from the moment you arrive to the valet. However that quickly disappears once problems arise and you see the inefficiencies of the hotel's customer service which makes guests feeling frustrated rather than taken care of. Not good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank eastdeparture
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just spent a weekend at this hotel with my boyfriend for days. Had an amazing experience and would recommend to anyone. The nicest staff I have encountered at a hotel. Hotel was exactly as pictured and described. Nice rooftop pool area overlooking the ocean. Great location, beautiful views of the ocean, close walking distance to the downtown area, however far enough away that you it's not too busy or loud. The front desk staff was really nice and accommodating, they allowed us early check in and were sure to help with anything we needed. The pool staff were so friendly, always welcoming you and helping you find a chair. Overall had an amazing time at this hotel and would definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ocean view, it is definitely worth it!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

just came back from spending 5 days at this hilton. I think it was just ok..nothing special. I've stayed at Westin Diplomat resort in the past and was hoping this would be anything close to that ..but it wasn't close...location was good but the beach is on the other side of the street and you have to pay for beach umbrella and chairs once you are on the beach..not free for hilton guests.
parking is valet only and pretty steep @ $31+tax. Food is pretty expensive too..
pool had sand and other debris at the bottom and not sure if it was cleaned daily and water is cold..
i'm pretty sure there were bed bug as i woke up with few red bumps on my legs and one on my face..and beds weren't really comfortable ..woke up with back pain everyday
carpet had some food crumbs and spots..wasn't really clean

our room wasn't ready even though i had requested that my flight will be arriving early..we got to the hotel by 1pm and had to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes or so..

we'll most likely go elsewhere next time or go back to westin diplomat (if they ever have special rate again)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank road_warrior_2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I had a great time at your Resort. What a great plan of accommodations and service.Geat peopletrying to make your stay A++. I travel often and this is one of the best Hilton properties on the East Coast.The rooms offer complete kitchens and other accomoidations that allow a "feel at Home" admosphere with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean We always look forward to staying in Lauderdale at this Resort...Top Notch...A once in a life time memorable stay.

Room Tip: Ugradeto a Junior Suite and get a Full kitchen ...just like home
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family