“Outstanding Customer Service at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We just returned from a trip where we spent two nights at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort. We had originally booked an King Studio Oceanview room. We paid for one night's lodging in advance, and I also confirmed this room on two occasions - the second occasion being the day of arrival. We were assured that they had the room ready for us. Upon check in that evening we were informed the room was no longer available. I inquired about why they had confirmed the room just hours before and then had given it away, and we were told that the rooms at this Hilton are actually owned by individual owners who can choose to stay in their room at the last minute. The hotel guest is then given another room. They put us in a room with a view of the Intercoastal, and reduced the rate that we had to pay for the room. They also threw in a couple of "extras" as an apology. While we were disappointed to not have the Ocean View room that we had booked, we felt that the way the Hilton handled the situation was superb. Thus, the excellent rating. As a note to future hotel guests, I would just warn you that the room you book may not be available when you arrive. However, the facility is very nice, and the customer service at this Hilton is the BEST that we have received at any HIlton we've ever stay at.

Room Tip: The hotel is not ON the beach, but across the street from the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,557)

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We are 60-something grandparents and were looking for a break from stressful jobs and commitments. We generally choose Hiltons and feel they offer reliable comfort and amenities. We were not disappointed.
Pros:
-Every single person we encountered...Rich Hess, front desk, concierge, housekeeping, pool staff, restaurant staff, spa staff...greeted us with warmth, often by name, and made us feel completely at home.
-The room - a king one bedroom suite - was magnificent. Terrace, beautiful kitchen and bath and comfy beds (again, a Hilton sure-thing)
-We had special requests regarding location of the room. Not only was the location perfect, but Rich remembered our emails and all the information we had talked about.
-We decided to skip a car rental for this trip. The hotel is a little removed from the 'strip' and a cab ride from Las Olas shopping. As it turned out, we never left the hotel! The restaurant was great. A really good breakfast buffet every day, a light lunch and then a nice dinner every night. Don't miss the freshly-made guacamole!
-Really nice bath towels, upscale bath products, tons of nice beach towels.
Cons:
Sketchy wi-fi. For checking email etc. I guess it's OK but if you need to do business you'll be disappointed by the pokey speed and frequent cut-outs. Not a big deal.
Bottom Line:
There wasn't one single thing we wanted or needed that wasn't right there. We'll be back. Soon, I hope.

Room Tip: We like the south side or west side for maximum sun on the terrace.
1  Thank LIGrammy
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed in a studio ocean view from Feb 18th to the 23rd. Overall, we had a wonderful stay. The room was clean, well laid out and had a wonderful view of the beach. My only "issue" was the price of the rooms at this hotel. I think this hotel is quite a bit more due to location, etc. We didn't not check out the W next door but did check the rates before we left and they were on par with Hilton....Aside from cost, the hotel was wonderful.

The pool was fantastic; however, you needed to get there early to secure a spot near the pool. The pool service was wonderful though and they would be readily available to assist you find a spot. Bar and food service was also excellent at the pool (the burger and truffle fries were great). The rum runner is a great cocktail to enjoy pool side.

The hotel is in a perfect location for walking or cabbing to some great area restaurants. The Galleria Mall is close by and offers many selections for shopping. Los Olas was a quick cab ride away. Johnny V's is our favorite area restaurant and were very happy to have landed an outdoor reservation on a very busy night.

Hilton is a great choice for a beach getaway!!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room for the best views.
2  Thank michellewaterloo
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Awesome on every level. Right across from the beach. Friendly staff. Nice pool area.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed here 2 years ago and liked it almost as much again this time. Still one of the best Hilton's I ever stayed in.
Only two negative points were:
Breakfast buffet had a larger selection 2 years ago.
No Selfparking available, valet quite expensive @ $31 per night.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Our stay was on 11/24 and 11/25. We, my husband/teen son/myself, arrived at the hotel around 3pm from our flight. As soon as I spoke my name and said I was there to check in, a wonderful gentleman named Richard Hess (a manager) popped right up to welcome me. He nicely informed me that I had been upgraded from a junior suite to a 1 bedroom suite with the fabulous ocean front view due to my HH status. I was quite surprised. We were placed on the 19 floor which was fabulous. The views were breathtaking and my hubby and I have never enjoyed a balcony more. This was one of the largest hotel 'suites' we have ever stayed in. The hotel was immaculate, all staff were warm and friendly no matter what their job was. We did eat once at the snack type area downstairs and it was fine although a bit pricey, still good. The cookies there are to die for. We walked to dinner both evenings and this hotel is in a great location with many places within a 10 minute walk. We totally enjoyed walking to dinner, then breakfast the next day. The beachfront was beautiful. We were up early on Saturday (not by choice) and we watched several of the cruise ships pull into port. Overall, I would give this hotel a 4 out of 5. The only flaw we found was the fact that you HAVE to valet your car. I think as a guest, you should be given an option on that topic. Otherwise, we had a great stay and would definitely stay there again. Thanks to the Hilton once again for a great stay in Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room. The views are fabulous. Be aware though that it DOES get windy higher up...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The hotel was nice but it is really nothing beyond a standard condo building which appears to be converted to a hotel. I would prefer to give this hotel a 3.5 rating, 3 is a bit low and 4 is a bit high.

The issue with the post economy bust is the fact many hotels seem to have bought (unsold) condo buildings and threw there names on it. This fact has some positives and negatives.

Positives:

1. The rooms are over-sized and are basically studio apartments, 1 bedrooms, etc.
2. These rooms include kitchenettes/kitchens.

Negatives:

1. With all hotels, that seem to be converted condo buildings, the elevators are PAINFULLY slow. I am talking a 5 minute + wait. This is due to the fact 4 elevators for 23 floors of guest rooms is not adequate.

2. Gym is undersized due to the fact it was meant for random residents, not hundreds of hotel guests. That being said the staff in the gym was amazing!, they are very helpful and pleasant people.

Overview:

The hotel is good but not great compared to other Hilton's in other cities. The hotel is definitely a top 10 hotel in Ft. Lauderdale due to the fact most are motels and only the Ritz Carlton has a prime location. I would check prices of the "W", "Atlantic" and if they are similar to the Hilton, stay there.

The last day I called for room service for 2 coffees and some towels. I was told they were doing laundry and towels would be up ASAP, took an hour. This to me was odd, but my family had a good laugh about it.

The front counter and lobby staff was very nice but it just appeared to me that I should have spent the extra 40 a night and stayed at the "W".

If you do stay here ask for a high floor on the "odd number" side as the sun only hits the odd numbered side of the hotel due to hotel position.

Room Tip: Odd Number and a high floor, Sun only runs along the odd numbered side of the hotel. The even number...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family