We stayed at this hotel for just one night prior to a cruise out of Miami. I would recommend this hotel and the area for a pre-cruise stay, even more so than southbeach and downtown Miami. It compares in all ways to those locations! However it is more family friendly and yet also is contemporary and sheik for the adults!
The hotel is in a very good location, right on the beach just a 20 minute cab ride from the airport. Know this, there is a road between all hotels and the beach, once you get over the shock of having thought you were right on the beach you realize it is not that big of a deal, just an FYI.
The hotel room we stayed in was a ocean front king suite room 1217, it is well worth the price if you want luxury, size and VIEWS. The views were spectacular, the ocean to the east, the beach north and south, west to downtown and right down on the very luxurious pool area too! This was most unexpected, we thought we would have a simple ocean front view. The balcony must have been 50 feet long and shaped in an L so you could see all directions. The biggest I have been on in a hotel room.
The room itself is a luxury one bedroom condo with a full modern kitchen and dining area, a huge living room with floor to ceiling windows and views in all directions, a master bedroom with a walkout to the balcony that is much larger than some of the hotel rooms we have stayed in, and a master bath with a soaking jet tub looking out to the ocean and a walk-in shower easily fitting two people.
The pool area is awesome, huge heated pool, two large hot tubs, lots of greenery, chairs and loungers! There is a bar pool side in the hotel, as some say, the bar and restaurant are pricey. The price of convenience of any higher end hotel is usually the case, so just know this. The service was good, the concierge was top notch!
The hotel does contain a small boutique shop and cafe/deli. Both are also pricey, but as mentioned convenience is worth the price for many people. I would recommend you walk off property to shop, eat and get groceries etc. Everything you need is within a 6 block radius of the hotel. The walk is beautiful and the neighbor hoods behind the hotel are quaint and filled with many small art deco type houses and apartments, all upscale and cool!
Their are two things I want to mention, one to management and you, and the other just to you. First, the bathroom shower is open, that is nice, but the water leaked out onto the floor in front of the toilet, nothing major but a slight pain. We just used a towel to soak it up. The second thing is for you people who are staying more than a night or two. The kitchen is not pre-stocked with anything, you should call ahead and tell them to stock it with utinsels etc if you plan to use it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Vacatia, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton