“Not for the business person”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I tried to print one page at the hotel business center using my laptop, as I have done in many other hotels when I needed to print my boarding pass.
Almost every other hotel allows for free printing, aka no hassle printing.
But not this Hilton - they charge a minimum $10 internet connection fee at their business center and also for every page you print.
They are supposedly set up for guests to print directly from their laptop.
Yet, it took me an hour trying to connect my laptop to their printer.
No matter how many times I repeated the instructions posted and how many times I swiped my credit card I could not make it to connect.
In other words, unless you pay the $10 minimum connection fee to connect through their computers, it seems impossible to print.
This is very bad, especially when trying to print just one page.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank costas789
Write a ReviewReviews (5,554)

Reviewed December 19, 2007

Me and my husband came here for our 1 year Anniversary. We love this hotel. Everybody is so friendly here from the manager to the room service they all make you feel at home. We had a facial with Silvie and a massage with Daniela. They were excellent. The facial was the best facial I have ever had in my life. She cleaned everything out even the white heads wich is very hard to get. She is a true proffesional. I would recommend her to anybody. Daniela gave me a deep tissue massage and she was excellent. She really focused on my tense areas. The staff here is excellent. Even when we ordered dinner fom Ilios the chef called our room to make sure we had a good dinner. Defenetly a place to come back again. To all the staff: "Keep up the good work!"

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank anniversary77
Reviewed December 5, 2007

We stayed at this beautiful resort two days before Thanksgiving!
We were welcomed by the staff and our children were too!
We were upgaded to a one bedroom suite with a oceanview!
The room had two baths and a kitchen to die for..... The room even had a washer and dryer! The bed was great, We all slept well.
My kids loved the flat screen tvs...
The pool is up on the 6th floor and if it is a windy day look out... tough to keep your chair in place.
Breakfast was continental and it was wonderful....
Hotel is located near restaurants and a great sidewalk out front to run along the beach.
We loved this hotel and it's staff and would go back again...

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank savagetan
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Stayed 2 nights in Nov. This place is a class act. Had no booking so I asked for their best rate and was quoted $199 for a standard room then I tried to blag a free upgrade (as it was off-peak), I was told the there were suites available at $259 but they could do it for only an extra $10 above the standard room rate - excellant. Great views and pool. 10/10.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank Albany Lodge P
Reviewed November 17, 2007

A First Class Beach Resort
Hilton Gold Member so upgraded to a 1 bedroom residence with wrap-around balcony on the 22nd floor with great views of Ocean and Downtown.
Central beach location so can walk to restaurants/nightlife etc.
Only disappointment was pool drink service(slow) and no self parking (valet $27 per day).

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HAMMERHEADEssex_Uk
Reviewed November 14, 2007

This hotel was awesome! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The hotel staff is by far the most friendliest and courteous staff I've ever encountered. The only thing that I didn't like was that the parking was $27.00 per night. The room was huge, clean, accommodating, and had great views. The bathroom was gorgeous with a whirlpool tub big enough for two TALL people with room to spare. I can't wait to go back again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sophisticate02
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Stayed 10/18/ - 10/22 and booked king bed studio ocean view direct for $179 a night. Great new place with very nice attentive staff. and good location on the strip as we did not use a rental car. We did utilize the water taxi for one day ($11 per person) and enjoyed some great scenery and running commentary about the Lauderdale waterways

Did not eat a hotel but heard raves about dining at ilios.. This property is new so they do not have your typical small store for convenience items and only one lounge which seemed like an after thought?

Pool was very nice and relaxing with the beach right across A1A. We split our time bewteen the two.

New construction continues on either side of the hotel with the Trump property still many months from completion. Our room was on the Trump side and work was going on from Monday through Saturday. Could only hear construction if we opened the sliding doors. Otherwise we slept right through it and never heard noise at the pool because they pipe in music.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple