All reviews free weights bed dorm lounge area beach chairs small refrigerator rooms are great nice pool convenient location fantastic location full kitchen clean rooms short walk within walking distance would stay here again hostel roommates guests
Reviewed August 30, 2018

After travelling for 5 months (by myself) through Central and South America on my way home I had a very short stay in Fort Lauderdale. Looking at several options online I decided to go to The Hotel Deauville without a reservation. They where so kind to me! At the hotel a lot of people were enjoying the pool and other facilities the hotel offered. The vibe was very relaxed and cool. Everything looks clean and nice. The hotel is in close distance of several shops, restaurants and the beach. Even though my stay was short I enjoyed it very much. Thanks again for giving me a warm welcome!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

I lived Hotel Deauville! It was easy to relax. Quiet, peaceful, clean. Management was excellent. Guest were polite and pleasant. I stayed in a 6 person room and it was fine. Right by a wonderful beach. You can just walk there in your bathing suit! The neighborhood is residential and not tourists. I will never forget sitting by the pool and being able to really relax.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Bad Hotel, rooms are very dirty and small, they allow people drinking around the pool!
Some Canadians are owners but they do not take care of the hotel!
Will never come back to that hotel, for the money you will find more better deals around same area!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I had to be in Fort Lauderdale for business and I needed something clean with Wi-Fi. The free parking is not nice but otherwise there are several issues. (1) it appears generally clean but there is hair on the wall of the shower (2) there is some machine in the room that has been blinking 'empty' since yesterday I reported it this morning but nothing was done and sometimes it makes an awful noise (3) there is no thermostat, (4) there is no ice machine, there is a small refrigerator with a freezer space in the room but no ice trays, (5) there is no desk space or any place that you can sit and work on your computer other than the bed.
The most disgusting thing to me is that the Wi-Fi, which is slow at best, is shut off around 10 at night which is when I am trying to get work done. This is happened both nights and of course the office is closed and no one responds to phone calls.
I canceled my reservation that I had made for a couple weeks from now.
If you're just here to vacation it has free parking, a nice little pool and garden area.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank bsedia
Carole P, Owner at The Hotel Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will try to address the issues the best we can. We are not sure what to reply concerning the “parking being not nice”; you had a reserved assigned parking whereas other guests in shared rooms have limited parking on a first come first serve model. Being near the beach, we believe it’s a very nice option to have free parking. As you can see from other reviews, people often mention the hotel being a nice, clean and peaceful property – that is why we are surprised to hear about the hair in the shower – rest assure that we will notify this issue to our maids. There is a remote control in each private room to control the AC – you might have not seen it, we place it right next to the TV remote control. We will make sure to have an ice tray in each and every freezer from now on, thank you for the comment, other clients never complained about it but we will make sure that we won’t have another comment about an ice tray. The Hotel Deauville is a nice little hotel, right next to the beach and its purpose is to have people enjoy the facilities and location while they are on vacation. Some of our rooms are very basic, like the one you reserved (cheaper as well); some have a desk to work on; some have equipped kitchen; some have two beds – it all depends on your needs and we try to have a very detailed description of each rooms on our sites – but if someone needs more information, we will be more than happy to help in getting the right room for their needs. The WiFi connection is an issue for some clients – it is a complementary service that we offer for free. To get a good connection, you have to be around the lounge area - the connection is weak in the rooms. We are planning to change our provider, for the third time, as soon as the contract finishes. Again, we will have to make a decision on whether or not we want a better WiFi and make a 25% increase on our rates; or leave it the way it is and have guests on vacation enjoy their time off at a very reasonable price. Again, thank you for your review, we believe it will help others in their choice of accommodation.

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Hi this was my first hostal. The friendly guests i made friends with and what felt like a private entrance to the beach made this place a steal for the price. I was concerned about cleanliness since i had read reviews about other hostals but the rooms smelled nice, no smoke smell, and clean. Have to admit sleeping on the first night having arrived late surrounded by snoring strangers was new to me and a bit weird hard to sleep, but i was nervous about my Cuba trip (a dangerous communist country) to visit family. The friends i made were awesome we all talked a lot about life .management was understanding when i called from te airport that i accidentally kept the hotel key. I mailed it back and they emailed to thank me. They have everything you need around there. Walgreens , a cuban restaurant, 7-11, all walking distance. Short Lyft ride to Hollywood airport.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Carole P, Owner at The Hotel Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that your first experience was positive. People appreciate our location, as you mentioned, everything is within walking distance, the beach, cafe, bistros, bars and restaurants. We hope to see you again - thank you for returning the keys !!