“Interesting course great people”
Review of TPC at Heron Bay

TPC at Heron Bay
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Spent 5 days at Heron Bay- stayed at Marriott on site-
Course is certainly different scads of bunkers everywhere.
Makes you pay attention to what you are doing
Liked the experience and especially the staff special note to Dillon who made me feel welcome the first day

1  Thank woogie4fu

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This trip was the 3rd time I have returned to Heron Bay.
As a 20 handicap I find the course holds more than enough challenge for my level of golf.
We played the men's white tees and found each hole to have it's own charm and challenge.
If you can keep it straight off the tee and use good course management, you will find the greens hold true and you can have a great round. However, there are about 100 sand traps on the course and each hole generally has water on 1 or both sides so if you spray it;'s going to be a long day.
Really the only hole I found lacking was the 9th due to its proximity to the road/path behind.
It is imperative that you are not long on this hole! In fact, that holds true for most of the course!
We were stuck behind a 4 some that had no concept of keeping ahead of us and unless you call in a marshall then none are roving. It becomes a decision that we chose not to make but as we were not followed by any other golfers we played a little 2ball on most holes.
The club house has a good selection of food and drink and the staff are very friendly . Again, it was late in the day and the cart girl had gone home!
All that being said, I really enjoy this course and would recommend it as a good choice for a mixed group of golfers.
I booked using golf now and was able to get a 2 pm teetime for $40! Not bad for a course of this level.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been playing here since the Honda was held here and all things considering they have done well to keep the venture going! On many occassions we have returned to Coral Springs thinking this will be closed!
It is basically a resort course, it is not long or tough by any standards and if you find water the shot probably merited it.
The numerous bunkers are there to try and toughen it up otherwise it would be a flat featureless pointless round of golf. Florida is flat and if water does not come into play what else do the designers have to add some features?
Consider if they played the Honda there now..........................36 under would probably win it, the tour could not allow this to happen.
Worth no more than 50 dollars a round as many of the holes seem the same and you will find once you try to remember your round that many holes are so similar they blur into one!
You may ask then why do i play it........................simply you can always get a tee time, the carts are timed so none of the 5 hour rounds now so common during the season with all the snow birds that would rather try and hack up the place and don't seem able to invest in the most basic of lessons (don't get me started on this subject......why dont they just have a few lessons and learn the rules and ettiquete?) We stood on one tee and saw a guy take six air shots before connecting, thankfully his playing partner let us play through!
One major shock...................go elsewhere for your post drink, no wonder the bar is always empty, 30 dollars for a vodka martini and a gin and tonic..................not even with bar snacks.

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Heron Bay Golf Club (formerly TPC at Heron Bay) is now owned by Clublink. Clublink has done great things in Canada and I am hoping they bring some of their creativity to South Florida. Heron Bay is wonderful track. If I had one suggestion for the new Owners...loose some of the 92 bunkers.

If you are in the area, this is must! Reasonably priced given the quality of the course and its staff.

Thanks Heron Bay for another wonderful outing.

1  Thank Sparky-1967
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We played here twice in one week and had the same experience both times. The course itself is a challenge, mostly because of the large number of huge bunkers that I spent a little time in. It's well maintained but certainly not spectacular. Staff are helpful but in a forced-friendly kind of way as opposed to a genuinely friendly way. Value was good compared to what we pay in Toronto for anything similar. Nice thing about our second day was that we actually completed a round in 4 hours. That doesn't seem to happen very much any more.