“Plese don't go here”

Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites
Ranked #101 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel the past weekend and I couldn't be more disappointed. First thing, there was a picture showing this hotel right across from the beach and this is a lie, it's a couple blocks from the beach. The room was not well maintained and the area was shotty. I was ultimately put over the top when I called down to tell them the toilet was clogged and they told me I would need to come get the plunger and unclog it myself. A random person banged on my door in the middle of the night claiming to be security and they were just drunk people from the tiki bar lost. The staff was not helpful, the hotel was not very good and the bathtub had dirty stains in it. The room was cheap but in the end, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jon M
george1000, General Manager at Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your response ,we appreciate the input. we take all reviews in a constructive manner and strive to give better service and quality to all our Guests. The problems mentioned here got corrected or on their way to be corrected in a very short time. We hope you will visit us again and see the improvements made in the future. Never the less , Thanks for visiting south Florida and looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The staff was all pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and quaint. It is an older property, but I expected exactly what we got based on the price. You can literally walk across the street to the beach and your within walking distance of places to eat/drink, etc. There is a small pool, very cold tho! There is a tiki bar on site with very stiff drinks for a good price which is a plus :) The continental breakfast was very cheap. You had a choice of toast and cornflakes and small muffins, anything "hot" was an extra charge and so was juice. I would stay here again tho!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor above the pool and bar area, only heard some noise in the late hours o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica M

We appreciate your positive response and your business. Most people usually with bad experiences reply with a review first and it is so refreshing to welcome positive responses, Thank you ! We hope to see you soon again in our Hotel and in Fort Lauderdale :)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good location and just average place. The room was clean enough and you can walk to the pier and beach. The service at the hotel was ok, but not friendly. I booked on a third-party site and was told I need to leave a $50 deposit, either by cash or credit card. I was urged to leave it in cash, but chose CC so there would be more recourse if it wasn't refunded. It was promptly refunded and the end of my stay.
Deal came with two drinks at their tiki bar and free hot breakfast. I asked about vouchers and was told just tell them at the bar and restaurant and that would do it. Well, it did it at the bar, but not the restaurant. They had to call the front desk and check my room number. Kind of a hassle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank travelinlife4me

Reviewed August 21, 2013

After reading the most recent reviews and looking at the pictures, I knew that we were not going to a luxury hotel so my expectations were not grand. The staff is very friendly. We arrived before check-in time and were able to go directly to the room - no waiting. Our room was cleaned daily and all the linens changed daily. There was plenty of free parking, although if you are driving a large vehicle you'll want to park in the front as the back would be a very tight fit. Luckily there were not many people there during our stay so it was quiet. The grounds are small, but well kept and there are lots of trees and tropical plants which is very pretty and add privacy from the busy road. The continental breakfast is only the cold stuff. If you want bacon or eggs, that'll cost you. We didn't swim in the pool so I cannot comment on that. You cannot see the beach from this hotel, but you can walk to a very nice, quiet section of beach in just a couple of minutes. I was impressed by how clean the streets and beach area are kept! Our room was on the 2nd floor, back in a corner with a view overlooking the dumpster in the back parking lot. Again, we were not expecting luxury and since we were out of doors all day long, it didn't matter.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor back in the corner. I liked that because the windows did not face the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Becky H

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel and both times were very very pleasant. This hotel is a short walk across the street to a private beach access. The rooms are clean and just what I was looking for. The tiki bar downstairs is a nice addition to the hotel. I have never tried the pool but it always looks clean and uncrowded.

The Gyro restaurant in the hotel has some really good food choices. Their gyros have no flavor, but they make a really good hamburger and onion rings :)

The staff pretty much leaves you alone, which I love because when staying at a hotel I do not like to be bothered. Quiet, relaxing and clean are 3 words I would use to describe the hotel.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT: I made my reservations online, and after putting in my credit card, was informed the cost was going to be 205.98 for three nights. When they took the money off my card however, they charged me 255.98. When I got to the hotel, they then asked me for a deposit, which I gladly gave, not realizing they had already took the deposit out when they charged my card. I have not called them yet to get my money back so no information on how that will go, but my advise to you is this is a great hotel for the price, and personally, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else for a weekend getaway with my love <3

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Caitlin S

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for an inexpensive place to put our heads for the night on our way to the Keys. My hopes were for a room that was clean, cool, near the beach, and free of crawling things. The hotel exceeded our expectations.

Our room was on the third floor and had a small but appreciated view of the ocean. The TV, AC, microwave, mini fridge, and hair dryer were in working order. The room was clean and quiet and did not smell. Our standard room had a generous walkin closet with a safe. The beds were not posh but were clean, comfortable, and attractive - just what we needed.

There is an elevator and it seems to be responsive, since there are only 3 floors to serve.

The pool area seemed immaculate and very nicely decorated. I challenge you to find a more attractive pool area at this price point. The pool itself was perfectly clean and a comfortable temperature. We were able to have the pool to ourselves with our kids in the evening and the kids liked the color changing light.

The pool is next to a tiki bar, which we did not try, but it looked fun.

We were given 4 complimentary continental breakfasts, which is unusual for one room. Most places give you two and expect you to pay for the others now. Breakfast was on the first floor in a small Greek restaurant located in the hotel next to the pool area and tiki bar. The woman attending the breakfast was quite warm an seved us juice and milk for our cereal, waffles, bagels, and donuts. The breakfast was what you would expect from a continental at this price point, but was perfect for us. There is also a hot breakfast available for a small price.

The hotel is about a block and half away from the beach. The beach itself had sites marked off where sea turtles had laid eggs. The sand was soft and the water was crystal clear and warm. We were able to snorkel and enjoy a variety of fish before continuing our journey.

We stayed on a weeknight and it was not rowdy at all, but I suspect it might be a little louder on the weekends as we were the only family I saw staying at the hotel.

If I were to change anything, I would put real comforters on the beds instead of the scratchy blankets and hotel bedspreads that top the otherwise soft bedding.

In all, it isn't a Loews hotel, but for the price you can't beat the location and amenities.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank mindiro

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Not the nicest place (what do you expect for around $50 a night?), but not the worst. We did have some issues with our room including: the refridgerator did not work but the freezer was cold enough to at least partially freeze some water, the knob on one of the lamps was broken off so it could not be used, to flush the toilet you had to hold the handle down, the floor was a bit dirty in the corners, there looked like some mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom, the kitchen faucet dripped and the bed sagged badly one one side. The staff was not unpleasant but not very friendly either. I did love that it was a very short walk to the beach. I didn't use the pool, tiki bar or eat their breakfast so I can't comment on those. The hotel was pretty quiet, which was nice. Not sure I would stay there again, but it wasn't that bad for two nights. I really only was there for a place to sleep, not hang out during the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wondra63
george1000, General Manager at Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for you're feed back as we constantly try to strive to achieve and exceed our industry standards as well as to provide a secure , safe and enjoyable environment for our patrons in a consistent fashion. The problems are noted and corrected or advised to the appropriate departments for correction. We hope you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to make your stay a pleasurable one. Regards, Management