“Unobtrusive urban bistro is a rare find in Fort Lauderdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hardy Park Bistro

Hardy Park Bistro
Ranked #56 of 1,326 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Unobtrusive urban bistro is a rare find in Fort Lauderdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Having recently purchased a condominium on the New River and Las Olas in downtown Fort Lauderdale, I have taken a tour of the neighborhood and its surrounding restaurants.

Being familiar with Hardy Park, I was not aware of the Hardy Park Bistro until I had passed the place several times. From the street, it appeared to be quite plain.

On a rainy night recently, my daughter Kate and I were driving through the neighborhood when she suggested stopping for something to eat. I tried explaining that the menu served at Hardy Park Bistro would probably not be to her liking.

Kate retorted that she had Yelp'd the place and that it had good reviews.

Upon crossing the street from a parking meter, we were immediately met by our server. Sarah questioned whether we wanted to be seated inside or out. Although it was still raining a bit, Kate and I opted to sit outside and watch the weightlifters at the gym next door. Kate commented that some of the women lifted as much as the men.

Sarah took our order - the $13.50 Octopus Salad for me and the $5.00 French Fries for Kate.

While waiting for dinner, my eight-year old questioned the menu. Kate wanted to know why there were so few "kid friendly" items. Sarah explained that the menu changed weekly and that you could always find something on it to eat. Kate responded with a "yes" - French Fries.

A few moments later, a gentleman came out and served Kate and I with Arancini, which is - essentially - stuffed rice balls that are coated with breadcrumbs and fried. We shared them while awaiting our dinner. Later that evening, I Googled the name to learn exactly what was in them.

About ten minutes later, Kate and I were served dinner. French Fries are not really hard to describe, so I won't bore you with the details. As for the Octopus Salad, it contained grilled octopus with arugula, roasted tomatoes, garlic and eggplant. I don't remember the type of dressing but I had no complaint.

Delicious food in an unobtrusive urban bistro is a rare find in a city like Fort Lauderdale. Not kid friendly from the menu perspective but definitely worth a shot if you are dining with your spouse or on a date. No bar - beer and wine only.

Our server Sarah did a great job and provided excellent service. I will definitely dine at the Hardy Park Bistro again. The next time I will try the Braised Short Ribs with Carrot Puree, Black Beans and Broccolini...

/s/ William E. Lewis Jr., Davie, Fort Lauderdale and Vero Beach, Florida

Fort Lauderdale
“Wanted to love it, but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I live a block away and really looked forward to visiting Hardy Park Bistro, especially after reading the great reviews on here; unfortunately it fell short of my expectations. The interior was pretty bare which was fine, but the chairs were uncomfortable after 30 minutes. Despite three wait staff, and being less than half-full, no one greeted us and we had to seat ourselves. The food took a long time to arrive, and our meals were not served at the same time. Fortunately the food was really good; I had the rib eye and fingerling potatoes which was cooked just right and had great flavor. Maybe the service was just off for the evening. It was after 9pm and the staff looked tired; so maybe it had been an very busy night earlier. I'll give it another try based on the quality of the food, but I can't give it more than an average rating for now.

1 Thank FTLFan
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Love this hidden gem off the beaten path. Small place with limited inside and outside seating but great chefy type food. Foodies will enjoy this place. Not a fancy atmosphere but top notch food and great service. Street front metered parking directly in front. Beer and wine only. They do allow you take unused portion of wine bottle with you and have a recorking fee. They also allow you to bring in your own bottle of persona wine which they will charge a fee to uncork and serve. Tall outside table (community table that you can sit with others) that overlooks kitchen to watch meal preparation. Not standard food but everyone can typically find something they like on the menu. Much easier to park then Las Olas area.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank HcKeith
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Quaint and Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Menu isn't large, but everyone in our party of 7 found something they liked. Also menu changes weekly.
Everything we had was extremely fresh and flavorful. Casual but still elegant. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. And the owner was simply a pleasure.

“'Feel Good Bistro'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Finally, a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale that serves no-nonsense, good quality food! The atmosphere is relaxed, waiters attentive and most importantly, the food is delicious. The octopus salad was sublime, and followed by a burger that ticks all the right boxes - everything about this place feels good - I'll be back!

• Visited May 2014