“Excellent,Excellent,Excellent”
Review of The Aqua Hotel

The Aqua Hotel
Ranked #10 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I, checked into the Aqua on Oct 17, for a four night stay! From the second we were spotted, walking up the stairs of the Hotel we're were greeted by Maggie the Hotel Manager with a Smile and voice that could wake up a small town!!! She was awesome upon check in and gave us a tour of the small, impeccable property, offering us anything we wanted during our stay!! The room that she Upgraded us to was a room with a King bed versus the one with a queen, but also had a kitchenette included! The room was spotless as well as the grounds that include a saltwater and fresh water pools!!! We Definitely will be staying with Maggie and the Aqua next time we travel to Lauderdale!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flatl1ne23

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by Stephanie (very friendly and helpful. Stephanie personally took is to our very clean and modern room.

The kitchen is a great bonus for extended stays, and the property is an excellent value.

Free beach chairs and umbrellas as well as bikes are an added bonus.

Overall, we will definitely return on our next trip to Fort Lauderdale!!

Excellent property!!

2  Thank Lucas T
Reviewed October 16, 2013

That was the challenge we set ourselves when checking into Aqua last week. We failed...

I'm always cautious of reviews that seem to be THAT good, but in this case, they are easily deserving. "Boutique chic?" - nope, 2 words.

Spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated in white with aqua blue touches, our unit had a full size fridge, 2 burner stove-top, convection microwave, toaster and coffee maker - perfect for a light breakfast.

2 pools to choose from, a traditional chlorine pool that gets morning sun, and a salt-water pool for afternoon chilling. "Eucalyptus infused cold face-cloth? They're very refreshing." One of many nice touches we experienced. "Awesome." C'mon, too easy.

When was the last time you checked into a hotel and the Guest Services Manager remembers your name? Every time. They do at Aqua.
Beach cruiser bikes are available for a nominal rental fee, they offer complementary beach chairs and umbrellas for the short 1-1/2 block stroll to Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Free wifi throughout the grounds and rooms, strong signal if you need to keep in touch with folks back home.

I could go on...but will leave two special mentions.
Maggie, the day manager, always with a smile, asks, and genuinely, if she can do anything else to improve your stay. Credit to the team. Chapeau!

And Andrew - the night GSM, who clearly went WAY above and beyond when we had some business back home to deal with in a time-sensitive manner. Completely exceeded our expectations in every way. Could have simply pointed me to Kinko's for scanning and printing, but didn't....and then came in on his day off to say good luck and good bye...from his volunteering days in the community. Another shining example of customer service. Thank you Andrew, you are what great service used to be, and should be today. Well done, and greatly appreciated.

So, thinking about something a little different for your Ft Lauderdale stay? And just maybe a lot better? You know what to do. Book it.

I've been waiting on something special to write for my 50th review, and Aqua, you've earned that spot, easily. Thanks.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, ask for the full fridge, especially if travelling with kids.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MacPete
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel was great on so many levels. I didn't want to stay in a high rise hotel that was impersonal and this hotel was the right choice. Maggie, the manager, really made me feel welcome. She obviously cares a lot about giving great service in a very fun and natural way. The room and the environment were immaculate and very tastefully decorated. It was stylish and quaint. The location is also very convenient. But of all the good things, the manager made it the best! I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank amermaid
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes the best things comes in small packages. OMG! This hotel 5 stars wish I could rate 10. Andrew and
Maggie make you feel at home. Property is small but it's amazing garden is so romantic so beautiful day/night. Rooms clean with fresh deco. this place make the big hotel chains such a rip off. I can go on for days about this hotel. Aqua is absolutely fantastic! Back home less then 24hours can't stop thinking/talking about this place. My husband text me from work he really enjoyed his stay ask when are we going back from a man that say a lot! Maggie and Andrew see you soon thank you very much:-)

2  Thank Msorl407
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I never write reviews, but i loved this place so much i had to.My boyfriend and i wanted to spend the weekend in las olas for my bday and we were looking around and found the aqua hotel. I was breath taken!!Its not just a hotel , it feels like its your own beach apartment. Everything is sooo clean and pretty. I felt so comfortable staying there and being there. Everything is new and modern. The bathroom was very clean and had lots of towels.

1  Thank Gretter
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Is not just a hotel is a Home!!!
Me, my husbund and my daughter loved the place!!
Everything is Perfect!!!The apartments are very confortable and clean!! The employes are very attentive, respectfully!!The manager, Maggie, is a fantastic person!!! I'm gratful for all the attention that she gave to us!!
We will return surely!!!