“AQUA, the real deal!!!”
Review of The Aqua Hotel

The Aqua Hotel
Ranked #10 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hi, if you are looking for a comfortable, clean, extremely friendly and competent staff and so close to the beach, you have found the one and only place to stay in Fort Lauderdale.
You have to meet Maggie, she is the Motel Manager and she is just Amazing.....so is Juliet from their cleaning staff, she is just so darned friendly and efficient, I loved loved loved this place and the people....I am a real fussy person regarding cleanliness and this place wowwed me...I was completely shocked and thrilled. Also, I might add that Maggie, showed up one morning with a huge fresh Mango from one of her trees at home and gave it to me and my friend for lunch....now that is class, that is customer service and that is a reason we should all go to Aqua, over and over again...thanks to you all for a completely divine vacation and Maggie and Juliet, you both deserve a raise xoxoxoxoxox

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie B
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Julie B,
What a great review. Thank you so much! Our number one priority really is our guests, and it's always nice to know that this shows. You should come every season....star fruit is in season in the fall and sweet oranges in the winter and spring. Maggie would be more than happy to provide these to you:) Take care, NBV

Reviewed September 8, 2013

it is realy clean
rooms are excellent
staff especialy meggie at this hotel are very friendly
housekeepers doing their job perfect
walking distance to beach
dont look another hotel this is the best in fortlouderdale

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank volcano71
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

volcano71,
What a great title! We hope that YOU stay here every time you are in Ft. Lauderdale. You would be more than welcome. Thanks so much for your positive review!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

On our arrival we were greeted by Maggie who right away made us feel very welcome, we arrived early and there was no problem in letting us into our room early, Maggie showed us around the grounds we were impressed with the fresh clean look of the place, when we seen the room we were taken back at how modern and clean it was. On a whole the place is very relaxed, staff are top notch and full of information on surrounding areas, 10/10 all round......BISH BASH BOSH MAGGIE x Thanks a bunch you were great,

Lisa & Elaine from Scotland

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lisabov b

Lisa & Elaine,
We hope that you were able to take some love and happiness that you experienced at Aqua home with you to Scotland. Isn't it nice to know that you can find a clean and modern hotel without having to pay the exorbitant rates that some other hotels offer? Good service doesn't have to come with a huge price tag, and we're so happy that you noticed that with Aqua. Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate it. Take care, NBV

Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading all the awesome reviews of Aqua I had high expectations and they were certainly met. Let me tell you a story about why Aqua is so awesome.

I came to Ft. Lauderdale Thursday night of Labor Day weekend to visit a few friends I have that live there with my boyfriend from Chicago. Since we got in so late Thursday night we planned on crashing with my friend and then checking in on Friday to check out Monday morning. The only problem was that my friend has a cat and I am VERY allergic to cats, but figured a few hours sleeping at her place wouldn't be a big deal. I was WRONG. I woke up at 4AM with hives all over me and my eye swollen almost shut. I didn't want my vacation ruined by my allergies so I called Aqua at 4AM and asked if I could come early. The NICEST guy ever, Michael answered the phone and told me to come on over with my boyfriend and that he would take care of us. By the time we got there it was almost 5AM (had to wait for a cab, pack, etc). Michael greeted us, empathized with me as he has a cat allergy and got us all situated in our room. He told us someone named Maggie would help us get our room keys and formally checked-in in the morning. The next morning around 10AM I went to the office and this very happy woman greeted me and asked me: "Are you Sarah." I'm like how do you know my name already? I guess Michael told her our situation and she was expecting me! Talk about service!

If you are on a budget and do not want to sacrifice cleanliness than this is the place for it. I am OCD about cleaning and this place takes OCD to the next level. We caught a guy cleaning the insides of the light fixtures in the bathroom....

The service is FANTASTIC. I have stayed at The Ritz and W before and this place can rival their service. EVERYONE HERE IS NICE.

The accommodations are 3 star. The robes are a nice touch and loved them.

They have beach cruisers to rent and beach chairs and umbrellas for FREE. Life size jenga, a grill, you name it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the decor of this place. After reading the history of North Beach, I loved that the owner of Aqua kept the 50s/60s charm mixed with modern amenities.

A++++++

Room Tip: The studio was a little tight so maybe a one bedroom would be more comfortable if you are staying a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SarahFromChicago

Dear Sarah,
We give you an A+++++ just for being our guest! Thank you so much for your kind review. We're so pleased that you found the reviews correct and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you can come visit us again soon:)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place, it was clean, quiet, they have free parking, nice surroundings, walking distance from restaurants, nice pool. They don´t have a restaurant but the room comes with a fully equipped kitchenette, plus you can buy food and eat it in the patio. I highly recommend it, great deal!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VicVC

VicVC,
It's hard to imagine that the you're in the middle of the city when you're staying at Aqua. Set just a block off of A1A, it's close to the beach, bars and active social scene but just far enough away to get some peace and quiet. Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Maggie is amazing! She greeted us immediately when we walked onto the property and made us feel very welcome. We drove down from clearwater and arrived at ten am, (check in was at 4 pm). Nonetheless, she found us a room right away and checked us in, giving us a personal tour of the property and our suite.

The decors is very classy. They have everything you could need to stay there for several days with some light groceries and prepare a few meals in your suite. pots, pans, plates , cutting board, wine key and glasses, etc. The property was great for kids, our girls are six and three, and they loved playing in "the backyard".
Our girls slept on the giant sofa bed and loved it.

Two minute walk, one block, to the beach. Ten minute walk to the downtown area. Overall, it was perfect and everything we needed.

We have never liked the high rise hotels and find them to be very impersonal. This boutique hotel was perfect in every way.

Only two recommendations; a rack of hooks on the hallway wall would be great to hang shower/beach towels and wet bathing suits. Also, a mat or carpet when you enter the room to brush the sand off your feet and not track it onto the slate floors/ all white linens/furniture.

• Stayed: August 2013

Ehoganpac,
We're so pleased that you and your family enjoyed Aqua. We would love to help you plan your next family get together. In fact, we have multiple boutique hotels, some with only 15 units, so you could have you very own property! Let us know whenever we can help, that's what we're here for!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Pictures do less justice to the minimalist and elegant interior. Room was excellent, comfortable, quiet and large. Two small, modern pools. Good location. Only drawback is no bar or restaurant but that keeps the cost down. If you want high security, the place is easy to access like a motel, but it didn't bother us (family of 5). Overall very impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank USBrits
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

USBrits,
We would rather have our guests be pleasantly surprised and are happy that your room proved to be even nicer then the photos. We do not have a restaurant on site, but we do have some great cafe's in North Beach Village, just a block away from Aqua. Next time you visit we can even arrange to get it delivered right to your room! Thanks so much for your review. We always appreciate it. Thanks, NBV