“most excellent”

Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Victoria, Canada
“most excellent”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

i had the opportunity to spend 3 nights at the aqua hotel in early february. this place was recently renovated and re opened last april i believe. they did an excellent job on the refurbishment. i probably had the nicest suite (1301) a one bedroom penthouse apartment w/ it's own very large sun deck facing south. good choice on furnishings and i slept like a baby as this suite is away from the street. the hotel has 2 pools and gardens. the staff are very welcoming and helpful.

in this age of smart phones (alas not for me yet) the hotel has no room phones. the "radio" lock rather than keycard took some fiddling but ended up working fine.

the location is perfect being just a block from the beach. this is a cul de sac neighbourhood away from the sprawl of fort lauderdale. it is mainly low rise hotels and apartments fronted by the taller hotels and condominium towers on the beach. the immediate neighbourhood is quiet and peaceful w/ a small commercial district about 10 minute walk away.

i hope i can return someday

Room Tip: 1301 south facing 1 bedroom suite w/ a terrace large enough for a party
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Info1000, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
amoamore,
We hope that you can return someday too! When you do, you should check our our newest hotel, Tranquilo. Like Aqua, you'll love the sleek decor and modern amenities in the same peaceful neighborhood. We can't wait for you to see it! Thanks again for your review, NBV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were looking for a room, just walking down the street because we just went out from a "hell" place, and the manager of Aqua been so kind, we didn't even stay there but she found a room to one of their sister hotel in a click of the mouse, she took us for a tour and we seen how good that place is well mainting, she even offer us a glass of White wine!

What a great place, for sure we will look for a room there next time we are in FLL.

If you can book a room there, do it !

Info1000, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Miky J,
Thanks so much for your review. This is exactly what North Beach Village is all about. With a variety of hotels in the area, we know that we can find the perfect spot for any guest. Give us a call and let us help you plan the perfect vacation! Thanks again, NBV
hotmail
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is very close to the airport, I took a cab, it was about $23.00. My room was a huge suite, more than I needed. Kitchen stocked with a service for 4, microwave, stovetop, fridge, freezer.Not anything else, tho, just about a cup of coffee.
2 pools with plenty of lounge chairs. Only 1.5 blocks to the beach. It is quiet here, not much going on in the area. The big hotels close by, Hilton and Westin had very good restaurants with in or outdoor seating. Otherwise I walked over .5 miles to the main part of the activity to dine across the street from the beach. The water in the area, from the tap has an odor and a taste that is "gross"! I guess some people are used to it, my water here is delicious compared. I had not rented a car, so I had to make the treck to CVS for water, and carry it back. I did notice an Enterprise car rental the next block down, or there is a $3 service to take you to places, drop you off and pick you up later, if only i knew where to go and what to see. I ususally do my homework in that dept., will always in the future! For a much-needed 4 days away from winter, I would do it again, now that I have a better idea!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank liphsaver
liphsaver,
Thanks so much for your review. Aqua, and our other boutique hotels, are all within walking distance from the beach but just far enough away to get that peace and quiet that you mentioned. It's the best of both worlds. Next time you visit you'll have to check out our newest gem, Tranquilo. Give us a call and let us help you plan another relaxing visit to North Beach Village!
Vancouver BC
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Overall really liked the hotel. This is more like an apartment hotel, as there are no services offered at the hotel. We booked one of the largest rooms (1206) and it was really large. What we liked was nice kitchenette (but they could have supplied more condiments, rather than hotel room style packages of coffee.tea) and very large bedroom. The living room was huge, which was part of the problem funnily enough. It was so big that it felt a little empty and space could have been used better. As an example, the bathroom was really, really small, with little shelf space and no space to hang anything. Other little misses were two big closests, but one with only a few hangers and the other with none. Not sure how to use a closet set up for hanging clothes without any clothes hangers. Every day we left a note and generous housekeeping tip, asking for extra coffee for the coffee maker, and every day we got the same two packages. Simply either did not care, or did not read notes. Small things make the experience.

Other things we likeds was the staff - really pleasant. The bed was comfortable. And we had a little balcony, plus they have chairs outside every upper room along the walkway, which was nice for sitting outside. Hotel was very clean, and extremely well located. Less than a block to the beach, and much quieter than the hotels along the boardwalk.

A few hints. You will need a car - this is America after all. You have to drive everywhere. We always like to walk everywhere, like in Europe. Not possible. Walking distance there is a little cafe nearby (it is ok, nothing special), bank machine in the Royal Palms (funny how not many around otherwise) and for those with a Starbucks habit, one in the nearby Westin.

We made the mistake of asking the front desk to arrange for a car for us. While they were really, really helpful - they said there was nothing around the hotel so we were picked up and driven all the way back to the airport. It is a long way and we went at rush hour, so it took nearly 45 minutes. Then paper work, then back. Basically, lost one afternoon fetching a car. The front desk told us this was the "best price". Next day I discovered that there was a small Enterprise outlet right around the corner from the hotel, out of curiousty I went in and they quoted me exactly same price for same car. Could have had a car in five minutes, and saved the big commute. And because they were nearby, could have rented a car for only when we needed it, rather than deciding to take it for the whole week because we didnt want to go back to the airport to drop off before we left.

WorldProwler,
We appreciate your detailed review. Guest feedback helps us improve, and improving is what we are always striving to do. In fact, we are adding area guides to the rooms. And thanks to your suggestion, we'll make sure to include nearby car rental places. Thanks again, NBV
New England
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked a one bedroom full kitchen for our last day in Ft. Lauderdale. The room was $239 and I paid a deposit of $106.12. I called the hotel and spoke with a "central" person at 12pm to see if I could check in early. I was told that the room was not ready yet. I told them I would come after 3pm which I assumed was check in. I arrived at 4pm and a "fill in " young lady said that I had cancelled my room. I explained that was not true then she said that I was moved to another one of their hotels a few blocks away(The Winterset) and a lady there would help me. The Winterset young lady said that they had a room for us in a third hotel, their newest another few blocks away. (Begins with a T-I am now a little unhappy). We went and looked. The place was new--It was under construction. One pool empty another full but closed. The room they had for me was a studio with no bed for my son not a one bedroom with a pullout that we booked. I went back to the lady at the Winterset and said that the place was under construction and the room couldn't accommodate my son. He would like a bed. I said I would stay at the "under construction hotel" if they would get a room with a bed for my son and I thought at this juncture that it should be on the house since they gave my room away and now I am in a hotel under construction with no pool after an hour of confusion. The poor young lady said that the person on the other end of the cell phone said no.

On the positive side, these hotels are a few blocks from the beach and all the staff ladies were very helpful and sweet. My problem is with the owner who clearly has contempt for his/her customers and treats them like pawns with credit cards. I got a refund of my deposit and found another hotel. I would never give this organization my business and you may want to think twice with yours. By the way, another guy was in the office who got "moved" too.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank chgas1
San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I don't have enough good things to say about this hotel. I actually proposed her to my now fiance and Maggie/Amanda went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The location is literally less than a block from the beach.....a nice quieter stretch then you would fine near las olas. They have an excellent courtyard with a wonderful grill and lush tropical landscaping. Also very convenient cab to downtown and walking distance to water taxis. Thank you again Aqua for a wonderful stay.

bennyloyno,
Isn't is nice when you're pleasantly surprised? We are always pleased when we exceed expectations. When you come back you'll have to check out our newest boutique hotel, Tranquilo. That's right, another gem to enjoy in North Beach Village. You'll experience that same stylish decor and modern amenities and most important, that same loving helpful staff! Thanks so much for your review.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed Feb 15 for one night. Maggie was very helpful and welcoming as others have claimed. We had a big one bedroom suite complete with a full kitchen. Everything was clean and comfy. No issues (except for the rain :o)

Location is perfect. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Book a one bedroom suite, it's worth it.
1 Thank edmbaby
edmbaby,
Thanks so much for your review. We're sorry about that rain and are happy that you were able to find a little sunshine at Aqua! We hope that you can come visit again soon. We'll keep a beach chair ready for you! Thanks again, NBV