When we go on vacation, the last kind of place we look for is an overly-sterile, boring room with mass-purchased catalog art on the walls. We want a place with personality, character and emotion. The Granada Inn fit the bill. I think our room was "Martinique" (photo attached), and it was relatively large, with an extra closet/alcove area which was great for luggage storage. All of the trimmings (fridge, radio, furniture, bed) seemed fairly new.
Sure, there might have been a tile or two chipped in the bathroom, and a nail hole or two in the wall that hadn't been patched, but those things were easily overlooked as everything was clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Besides, who stays in their room long enough to notice the little things?
The gentleman who we saw during our 1 night/2 days was Tom, and he was great - helped us find a full-service breakfast/coffee place (the Continental breakfast was great, but we wanted a bigger meal), and he left us have access to the room for no extra fee for our check-out day (as we left in the evening). That is the sort of flexibility and personal touch you just can't get with a hotel.
The pool area is fenced, very private, and relaxing. The 1.5 block walk to the beach is ridiculously easy (not to mention easy to get a cab anytime you want on the main road along the beach). The Inn has beach towels to borrow, and is within a 5-10 minute walk of a nice small strip of bars, restaurants, etc. which is perfect for a 1-2 day visit.
While visually it's more of a classic remodel "motel", the personal interactions we got reminded us much more of a B&B. While they don't book directly via their website, they are super-responsive via email. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax as you open the gate and enter your secluded paradise seductively nestled around a lush tropical courtyard and swimming pool.Experience our warm European hospitality and personalized service that make guests return time after time.Rejuvenate and awaken your senses as you soak in the sunshine and warm gentle breezes. Watch the sun rise or sleep in and watch the sun set... listen to your favorite music on the CD player... take an early morning or evening swim... take a late afternoon nap under a coconut palm... or sip a cool drink as you lounge on a chaise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Granada Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granada Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Granada Inn Bed And Breakfast