“Dean Myerow a Fort Lauderdale Local: Go to the Sage for an elegant French meal.”
Review of Sage French Cafe

Sage French Cafe
Ranked #188 of 1,512 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Sage Cafe in Fort Lauderdale is an excellent choice for fine French food coupled with excellent service, and live piano music on the weekends. Management and service are super.

1  Thank dean m

Reviewed February 14, 2018

This restaurant is located in a plaza, but we found out they have a 2 for 1 special on Mondays, so we decided to try it.

Sure glad we did, although the menu is limited, they have daily specials also. The shrimp and scallop crepe was overflowing with seafood, and the lamb shank was tender and very tasty, with a tomato, onion and cheese sauce. The crepe desserts were incredible. We saved over $20, with the Monday special. Will be back.

1  Thank William T
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend brought me here. Two for one dinners on Monday and Tuesday. Delicious duck entree. Cute warm cozy place. Great service. Inside and outside seating.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Were able to sit outside on the spacious patio. Great service and excellent French food, contrary to PKimakom. Anyone who would even mention Applebee's when talking about food is someone whose opinion doesn't matter!!! Not eating French food very often I opted for the crepe Maritine, stuffed with shrimp and scallops. Delectable. Shared a bottle of vino Malbec. very nice.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a place to take my friend out to celebrate his purchase of his first condominium. He immediately suggested Sage French American Café located in the Whole Foods Market parking lot on Federal highway just south of Oakland Park Boulevard. I had never had French food before so I was excited for the new experience. Believe me, it did not disappoint! The extent of my knowledge of French cuisine ranged from French toast to french fries to French dressing so I let my friend guide me with a few suggestions.

We started off with two appetizers: escargot and Bree baked in puff pastry. The escargot were so tender and swimming in a delicious garlic butter which I made sure to sop up with my bread. As for the brie cheese appetizer, it came with some sliced apples, poached pear and a delicious raspberry sauce. As much as we were trying to control ourselves, the appetizers disappeared very fast. As entrées we both ordered the roasted duck. It was delightful with a nice crispy skin, rendered fat and tender meat. Our duck was served with a sautéed vegetable medley of carrots, zucchini and haricot vert as well as roasted potato. Everything was seasoned perfectly. My friend advised me that their steaks are phenomenal too. The next time I go back I would love to try the octopus appetizer and the pistachio crusted brie.

Our server Luz was fantastic. She was very knowledgeable of the menu and answered all of my questions with the upmost of patients. She was very attentive and yet not overbearing. Once our meal was over we chatted a bit and had several good laughs.

Although not on the cheap side, our visit to Sage French American café is a nice treat that I look forward to experiencing again very soon. Keep up the great work and thank you for a wonderful experience.