“C'est bon”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Having a family restaurant in France, we are always curious about other French restaurants. We had a lovely evening. Dinner was wonderful: the service; the food; the ambiance. We were very impressed. I especially liked the fact they have real Vin Rouge from Provence! I had the rack of lamb, which was cooked to perfection. The roasted potatoes and vegatables al dente were just right. An added treat was the grilled tomato. My Mom had the minute steak. She loved it. My friend had the bouillabaisse. Having grown up in the keys, she gave the bouillabaisse two thumbs up. Sybil our server was delightful and charming. Mercibien...

Reviewed April 15, 2014

A family outing could not have been more special. beatiful atmosphere and great menu. highly recommend and will return! The wine recommendation was perfect, food beautifully presented and everything was delicious. even the meatloaf!

1  Thank Philamb
Reviewed April 13, 2014

These days, it is not easy to find a good-quality French bistro or brasserie restaurant in the Fort Lauderdale area. Sage is one, and it is quite satisfying. While the food we had was well-prepared and tasty, I have some suggestions that could raise it to a higher level. I had a seafood crepe that was generously filled with quality shrimp, sea scallops, and mussels, accompanied by a smooth, white, cream sauce, which seemed like cross between a Bechamel sauce and a Mornay sauce. While the dish was advertised as having a fennel cream sauce, I could not detect a modicum of fennel or anise. However, it would have benefited greatly from having a parfum d'anise, and I mentioned this point to the waitress. Just a touch of Pernod could serve this purpose, elevating the dish. I have been yearning for a Toulouse-style white bean cassoulet and thought that theirs would satisfy. It had nicely cooked, nicely flavored beans, a duck-leg confit, and garlic sausage. However, the sausage seemed like Andouille with its attendant heat that pervaded the dish. Because the sausage had too fine a texture and too much spicy heat, it detracted from a true Toulousienne experience. I also was hoping for rendered, diced lardons in the preparation; perhaps, even some other meats, like shredded chicken to widen the complexity. I have had the real Toulouse-style cassoulet several times in France, and once I prepared the real thing at home, so I know what I'm looking for. Anyway, their cassoulet was still quite tasty. My wife had roasted duck with a raspberry sauce. The crispy duck was excellent, but the sauce was on the cloyingly sweet side. It really needed to be more of a gastrique to provide an acidic cut to the dish. We liked the ambiance and service; the place has a good feel about it. The wine list is rather inferior, and should be improved with a high priority, especially to give guests adequate information (e.g., correct producers, vintage dates). In summary, the food here is very good and nearly French-authentic, with pricing that is extremely attractive for the portion sizes and quality offered.

1  Thank cuisinator007
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Charming restaurant with a lovely atmosphere. Diverse menu. Server very pleasant and professional. Best for me was their accommodating attitude. I have Celiac's disease and the chef made a gluten free sauce for my entree. Wow! Above and beyond. We will return

1  Thank ktm3210
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Friends invited us to dinner at this lovely restaurant, and we'll certainly return. The portions are generous, and the prices are very reasonable. Best of all, the quality of the food and the service made it a wonderful evening.

Only two of us ordered appetizers. One person ordered the white bean soup, and I ordered the traditional French Onion. Both of us were happy. A nicely made French Onion soup was a perfect way to start the meal and set the tone for what was to come.

The entrees were not rushed to the table which we appreciated. That often happens when not everyone at the table orders appetizers.

Most of us tried the specials. It would have been nice if we had been told the prices. Two of the party ordered the shank, one ordered osso bucco, one ordered salmon, and I ordered the lamb chops. Everyone was pleased. I personally thought the side vegetables were a little al dente, but that is a personal preference.

The Sunday brunch menu definitely appeals to us, so we'll return not only for dinner again but will try brunch soon.

The atmosphere of the restaurant hides the fact that it's in another strip mall. The service was friendly. Overall, a very positive experience and we definitely recommend.

1  Thank Layne O