“Excellent”
Review of La Casa Hotel

La Casa Hotel
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place. Never disappointed. The staff is great and very accommodating. Very clean. Rooms are beautiful, good size and comfortable. Very relaxing atmosphere. Close to the beach and several very nice restaurants and cocktail lounges.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 20,717,361
Flamingo H, General Manager at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your very nice review of the Flamingo. It was a pleasure to have you and wish you could have stayed longer, we will be looking forward to your upcoming visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very pleasant resort, in a walking position from Sebastian Beach. Very nice, well kept, clean and, above all, with nice and pleasant hosts. Rooms are nice furnished and the small pool in the green yard makes your staying very pleasant during the wet summer days. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Klauscec
Flamingo H, Manager at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review of the Flamingo. We are happy we could make your stay with us so pleasant and enjoyable. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our stay was a last minute, simple over night stay in Ft. Lauderdale. We had the fortune of meeting Tony earlier in the Summer when he gave us a guided tour of the property for future stays. This was a spontaneous stay in Ft. Lauderdale and when we reached out to check availability just prior to the closing of their office at 7pm...we reached Kevin as Tony had already left for the day. Apparently they do in deed have a process to secure a key for after-hours arrival, but Tony said that he would confirm the accommodations and await our 10 minute arrival to greet us. The next morning we were welcomed with just the right touch of an expanded complimentary continental breakfast... presented beautifully in Five-Star style in the Morning Room where we met Jorge who was pleasant and accommodating. We also enjoyed the immaculate kept pool and sun deck which are basked in a crisp "Sunshine Yellow" motif with a plethora of chaises, a few cabaret tables & chairs and a central focus of a yellow gazebo. I had done my homework prior to our initial tour and learned that the design of this boutique resort had been created by the previous VP of The Ritz-Paris, henceforth my high expectations prior to arrival. We have stayed at many Gay Resorts and only one other in the US compares to the Flamingo. Enjoy your stay...you will not be disappointed and you will return!

Room Tip: Enjoy the suites if you are staying longer!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lifesbest1

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Flamingo. Even though you were with us for only for one day you still managed to enjoy your self as though your stay was longer, we are happy to hear you say how much you enjoyed our hotel. Please come back soon and stay a little longer.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have recently stayed three weeks at this resort along two weeks in June, in lieu of health issues with my mother that I needed to attend. I wanted an oasis after the hectic rush of doctors, social workers, etc. that occurred during the day and then needed a quiet place in the evening to relax and decompress. I did find it and more, the staff was incredible gracious and always helpful. I want to thank Tony and Kevin for going out of their way and if I miss any other staff – thank-you so much, always asking how my days were since they were early and long. My room was always clean and anything I needed they accommodate it, such as the need to stay longer because of issues out of my control. I was able to stay in my room (211) without moving.

In one instance, for example I had missed breakfast since I was tired from the day before, Tony called my room and noted he would prepare something for me…I was immensely thankful, along with them accepting packages, helping print some letters from a stick hard drive that I had and needed to do so. I also want to thank Kevin for all the insightful places to go for restaurants, bars, etc. along where to get a reasonable manicure and pedicure, not to mentioned the relieve that he allowed me to do laundry in the premises…this is what I called SERVICE.

The courtyard was always clean and pool was cleaned and heated which I enjoyed along with the early breakfast that included and an assortment of teas, coffee, danish, bagels, yoghurt, cereals, which was great along the sunny cozy sitting area with all the daily news and magazines which I enjoyed. Also the complementary towels and sun tan lotion to take to the beach was great. Also, for one of those rainy days that you might not be able to go out they have an assortment of movies in the premises at the office to see.

All in all, it was a great experience to be at the Flamingo for the weeks that I was there. I am hoping to return under better circumstances. For those previous reviews of noise, I found it acceptable and after all is a gay resort were couples, singles go intermingle and yes make some noise but nothing that disturb my sleep and even I find it ridiculous per some reviewers here to ask for a discount because you did not get a good night sleep, let’s all support our gay community but at the same time let’s be reasonable in our demands guys rather some drama queens that spoil our community.

David E.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank uombroca67

Thank you so much for the very kind words you wrote in your review of the Flamingo. We were happy to accommodate you while you were here. We realized how important it was to you to be spared any unnecessary stress. It was gratifying to us that you agreed. Please come back soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Vacationing at "The Flamingo - Inn Amongst the Flowers" is an event that one does not forget but lingers in our minds. Having gone on to the inn's website, if offered us the information and photographs we needed to intrigue us to call the hotel to personally talk to a staff member at the office desk. One may find it appealing to speak to the reservation person in the office to acquire a true flavor of the types of personalities who will be greeting you once you enter the "Iron Gate of Eden". Even the recorded voice on the phone of the British West Indies accented gentleman that prompted me immediately to the front desk created an atmosphere of wonder to find out more about our sojourn to our oasis of enchantment...

Making the reservations via the phone was my initial cordial contact with the more than gracious manager Tony. This kind gentleman offered detailed explicit information regarding any of our questions for myself and my partner's retreat. Tony even personally offered to make reservations for our car rental from Gold Coast Car Rental which is a local family owned business that offers considerably more reasonable rates than a large rental company at the airport. When we received our luggage at the airport, we phoned Gold Coast Rental and a driver arrived within five minutes to take us to their office to sign the paperwork without a glitch. As we drove off in our convertible through the palmed paths of Fort Lauderdale, the anticipation of our long overdue vacation at "The Flamingo - Inn - Amongst the Flowers" was one of "great expectations" to say the least!!!

Upon our arrival at the "Iron Gate of Eden", we rang the bell with the expectancy of hope and fortitude. As we entered the adorning tropical flowered and palmed courtyard, our eyes immediately were upon the gleaming pool where the bronzed guests were greeting us to our sheer delight! As we entered the office, we were received at the front desk with the everlasting smile of Kevin. His genuine charm and quick wit warmly welcomed us with information regarding the local "hot spots" of gay restaurants and clubs in Fort Lauderdale. Moments later, the kindred soul of Jim on the office staff offered to go to our convertible to bring our suitcases expediently off to our bedroom suite in our haven of respite. Jim escorted us to our suite with the hospitality of a devoted guide in our sanctuary as he informatively explained the amenities for our stay. We explored our apartment with a satisfaction beyond our beliefs. The generous large separate bedroom with a king size bed with two closets and an immense chest suited our needs perfectly. The apartment included a kitchen and a large living room with a pull-our sofa bed as well. As we began to unpack in our suite, a knocking came at our door to the answer of Jorge our room attendant. He courteously offered to place chocolates on our pillows
and to turn down our bed nightly. Jorge was consistently considerate throughout our vacation regarding when we wanted our room cleaned daily around our schedule of how long we wanted to sleep or when we were to venture out to the shops, restaurants and beaches.

It is with great certainty, that our stay at "The Flamingo - Inn - Amongst the Flowers" was the most satisfying adventure that we have ever encountered in Fort Lauderdale. We have resided at various gay resorts in the area but our stay here will be ranked the highest without any comparisons. Most importantly, Tony, the hospitable manager, and his dedicated staff including Kevin, Jim and Jorge are the major factors why we would return to the hotel along with the fine amenities. Our retreat at the inn was even more than "An Adventure In Indulgence". It was more than we could have ever looked forward to in our escape to paradise. As you can imagine, the staff's dedication and sincere commitment to their profession and their honored guests at "The Flamingo - Inn - Amongst the Flowers" comes highly endorsed!!!...Rob&Scott

Room Tip: Rooms to fit any budget.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank No H

Thank you for your amazing review of the Flamingo. It was very gratifying to read. We are pleased that you enjoyed yourselves so much. We hope you will continue to visit us in the future. Many new and exciting changes are coming and we would love to see you both again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were upgraded to a deluxe room from the garden king at no extra cost. Nice touch. The room (208 I believe) was okay, but the carpet looked dirty and worn. The bathroom had a fresh flower in it but it was wilted. The grout in the white bathroom was dirty. No one told us that the tap and shower water runs hot at first. After 5 minutes it turns cooler. Odd. Free happy hour drinks were nice but the snack was Chex mix and peanuts. Breakfast was fine. A party of four guys were in the pool talking loudly at 12:30 a.m. By 1:45 a.m. my partner asked them to quiet down which they did. The small courtyard and pool area reverberates loudly in the rooms. By morning I asked the manager for a 30% adjustment for missed sleep, which he said was unreasonable since there is no overnight staff. Maybe he's right, but bear that in mind if you're hoping for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John E

Thank you for taking the time to express your views of the Flamingo. We are very sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations. We strive to give our guests a quiet and relaxing atmosphere during their visit. Unfortunately this is not always within our control. We hope you will come back and visit us again.

The Flamingo Staff.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First off, let me say that we have been coming here since 2001. When we checked in: the bathtub bottom was black from other peoples feet and covered in black mold, the walk in closet had dust bunnies in it and the light switch was hanging out of the wall, the popcorn ceiling was coated in dust in front of the HVAC unit. When many guests had checked out, the continental breakfast disappeared. The patio, walkways, steps were dirty. The owner has not spent a cent on it since he bought it years ago. We explored other options when we were there in April 2013 and will be going somewhere else next year at cheaper rates and better quality.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff E
Flamingo H, General Manager at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review, We are sorry you were not satisfied during your recent stay at the Flamingo. We appreciate very much your comments and suggestions. Let us assure you that the issues your raised in your review will be corrected, with the assistance and support of the new owners.
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns about the Flamingo. We hope you will decide to come back and visit us again in the future.