“Paradise Revisited”
Review of La Casa Hotel

La Casa Hotel
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our fourth trip to the Flamingo did not disappoint - an escape from reality on numerous levels, once again. Such an amazing staff, service, location and amenities. You are truly family here, not just another guest. Minutes from one of the world's best beaches, or stay "home" and enjoy their beautiful pool. Easy drive to fantastic nearby restaurants (Coconuts, Casablanca, etc.) or those in Wilton Manors. Cordial interaction with friendly fellow residents during daily happy hour. Our list is endless. Thanks to Kevin, Tony, Jim and Jorge for providing the best guest house experience in Ft. Lauderdale. Counting the days until our 2013 stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rampage85
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Rampage85,
What a wonderful review, thank you so much. We want our guests to feel like family at The Flamingo and throughout the entire North Beach Village. We are already looking forward to your 5th, 6th and 7th visits! Thanks so much for choosing the Flamingo, it really means a lot to us.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My partner and I just returned from the Flamingo Inn Among the Flowers in Fort Lauderdale - our third visit there, same week in August, same room - and we cannot express how enjoyable those eight days were, once again. The staff - Tony, Jim, Kevin and Jorge - cannot do enough to make the stay enjoyable, and we looked forward to seeing them before we headed off for the beach in the morning or at their complimentary happy hour in the evening. In addition, their friendliness is infectious, and we have always found our fellow guests more than ready to socialize, as much or as little as we care to. We are already looking forward to next year's stay, although we think we will sample another beautiful room this time, one with a small kitchen.

Room Tip: Choose any room, and you will be completely satisfied. For next year, we are foregoing 305 and tryi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JFCoates
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

JFCoates,
We love hearing from returning guests! There are a lot of guest houses to choose from and we really appreciate you choosing The Flamingo each year. Guest happiness is our number one priority and the staff at this resort really do make it easy to be happy. We can't wait to see you next year, thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Words cannot express how great my visit "RETREAT" was. The ENTIRE staff took great care of me and genuinely cared about me and my first time visit. The resort was definitely a 5 star facility. Simply beautiful and close to everything! Tony allowed me to keep my room key after "checkout time" as my flight was later in evening. This allowed me extra time at the beach and yet another amazing happy hour at the resort with the other amazing guests. I must say, Jorge is muy hermoso! Thank you ALL :)

Room Tip: Any room will be outstanding. Tony gave me a tour of entire resort and all rooms truly beautiful an...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank jaysmith33388
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

jaysmith33388,
Thanks so much for such a nice review. We are so happy that you noticed how special The Flamingo is. The hotel is beautiful, with the lush landscape and modern amenities but the staff is what really make The Flamingo stand out from other guest houses. Thanks again for your review, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed at The Flamingo many times over the years, and was worried changing owners would mean a change in service and atmosphere. Not true at all. Even though Chip and Ray will be missed, the staff has remained. Tony, Jorge and the gang are still doing an amazing job at keeping guests happy. Nothing has changed a bit, it's still the undiscovered little secret, a true calm oasis. You can walk to the beach and it's a short drive to Wilton Manors. The Flamingo beats all the other hotels hands down! I love staying here...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ShelbyonJarvis
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

ShelbyonJarvis,
The Flamingo will always be here for you, especially during those cold Canadian winters! Thanks so much for your review. You're right, we have kept the same awesome staff. Part of the North Beach Village collection, this charming guest house has everything guests need, and a little bit more! Thanks again, NBV

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have been to the Flamingo many times since the beginning, I have seen the first owner followed by other owners, and now also experienced it with again new owners.

The Flamingo is still a nice place to spend some days and many things are still the same as at the beginning. The atmosphere is relaxed, it is quiet unlike other gay guest houses in the neighbourhood and the majority of guests are nice.

Tony is a great host, he is really nice and makes you feel comfortable. But overall I felt a slight decrease of service level, be it the turn down service not being offered anymore, be it some staff not really taking care and not asking if any help is needed. I had even sometimes the impression I would bother them too much when I asked some simple help or recommendation, sometimes they even didn't bother greeting me. Well this comment I made on one side because I compare to previous years, and I also have high expectations on service. For me this is the main reason to return (or not) to a place, when the servcie is great. Maybe it is also bcause previously the owner were always around, and this time I have never ever seen them - I highly recommend them to show up to make the guests feel taken care of also from their side.

The rooms are nice and spacious, especially the suites. However, the rooms as well as public areas are getting a bit tired, show the age - some broken lamps, some broken chairs, some rotten flowers. Not really an issue but I hope they will fix it otherwise it will get worse.

Overall still a nice and relaxing place, and compared to most of the gay guest houses this is definitely still one of the best options - hope the new owner will work on the details to keep the level high.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TandTSwitzerland

TandTSwitzerland,
It's always nice to hear from a returning guest. Thank you for always making The Flamingo your choice of gay guest houses in Fort Lauderdale. It's always nice to see a familiar face, like Tony and the rest of the staff which has remained unchaged since the new ownership. We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

A nice hotel in Ft Lauderdale away from the bustle and yet within walking distance of all amenities.
Breakfast was excellent, rooms spacious and service was top. All at a reasonable rate.
Parking no problem, wi fi TV and air con first class

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Platense41
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Platense41,
Thanks so much for your review. You're right, with the prime location, complimentary parking and wi-fi, spacious rooms and great staff, The Flamingo is a great little oasis. This oasis will be here waiting for you next time you're in Ft. Lauderdale! Thanks again, NBV

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Flamingo many times over the years. I was afraid with the new owner things would have changed, but luckily the same wonderful staff, gardens and pool are there. It seems that the same attention to detail is being shown. The only complaint is that the breakfast needs to be upgraded. Cheap store bought muffins and bagels could easily be replaced with bakery goods especially considering the price and clientele. Most guests stay at least three days so a little variation from day to day in the breakfast choices would be appreciated. Otherwise you can not beat the place. Book now. Tony, Kevin and Jorge are waiting to great you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HappyGuest213
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

HappyGuest213,
It's always nice to hear from a returning guest, thanks so much for your review. You know the expression, "if it's not broke, don't fix it"? The Flamingo may be under new ownership but we know a good thing when we see it, which is why we've kept most of the things the same. Any changes that we make will be welcomed improvement. In fact, we are already looking into breakfast alternatives. Thanks again, NBV