“The Flowers are dying and the hotel is showing disrepair.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa Hotel

La Casa Hotel
“The Flowers are dying and the hotel is showing disrepair.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

The owner must take time and effort to put the flowers and the polish back on this boutique hotel before the repeat hotel clientele look for a new place to speed their time and money.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TheBigWally
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
TheBigWally,
We couldn't agree more. In fact, we are currently in the process of updating the entire hotel, which includes the landscaping. We are sure that repeat clientelle will notice a difference, and we are looking forward to your next stay so you too can see all of the changes we're making to the Flamingo and the entire North Beach Area. Thanks for your review, NBV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

My stay at the Flamingo Inn Amongst the Flowers was truly enjoyable. The staff go out of their way to provide excellent service. Thanks to Tony, Kevin and Jim for making my time so relaxed and pleasant. The accommodations are comfortable and well appointed and the garden and pool area is lovely. That atmosphere is relaxed and I enjoyed getting to know the other guests. This was my second time there and I am definitely going back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Andrew G
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
AndrewG,
Thanks so much for choosing the Flamingo for the second time, we hope that you can make a third trip very soon! You are right, the staff is great and it really is a great place to meet people. You'll find friendly faces and helpful staff al thoughout the North Beach Area. You are welcome anytime!
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

in my last trip last month to fl i stayedo at the flamingo resort , it is a beautyful resort
the staff was helpful and very friendly ,equally as the spectacular spotless pool , certainly
was the main atraction for us.
definetely coming back!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chris g
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
chris g,
Happy New Year to you! We hope that you visit us at the Flamingo whenever you're in Ft. Lauderdale. We promise, the pool will always be waiting for you! Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Have always liked staying here. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Kevin is the greatest host for happy hour. Bottom line is that you will make friends here, whether traveling alone or coupled. I highly recommend it to singles for that reason.

The property is becoming, however, a little shabby chic. Rooms need updating. I would pass on this comment if it were moderately priced. It is not. It's expensive. Toss the bedspreads with bleach stains, chuck the wicker furniture and go modern. Reconsider your rates, it would be nice to have an even bigger crowd. At the rack rates they charge, it's a bit too exclusive.

At last, they should stop serving refrigerated stale mini-muffins for breakfast. Get a local baker and support the community. Come on, it's insulting.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank TruthTripNJ
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
TruthTripNJ,
It's always nice to hear from a returning guest, thank you for keeping the Flamingo your hotel of choice when you're in Ft. Lauderdale. You're right, the staff is extremely accomodating and it's easy to make friends at the Flamingo. Finding a caring staff is difficult and we're very fortunate to have Kevin, Tony, Jim & Jorge as part of the North Beach Village family! What is not difficult is fixing those items you mentioned. We'll make sure to look into getting more breakfast choices and you'll be happy to hear that we're already in the stages of renovations! Thanks so much for your review, we hope to see you again soon!
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My partner and I recently returned to The Flamingo for a 4 night stay. Our room was clean and in good order. The staff was helpful and courteous...kudos to Tony, Kevin, and Jorge! Their attention to detail and guest support was top notch, and it was nice to see their familiar faces.

On the whole, the facility is well maintained. I appreciated the morning papers available in the lounge area. We enjoyed the Happy Hour, when other guests gathered and we shared discussion. Getting to meet them in this informal situation is something that I looked forward to.

I am mystified, though, by the sudden suspension of Happy Hour during our stay. For some unknown reason, we were told it was not being offered. In my opinion, cutting this "meet and greet" opportunity is not a positive step. This is a unique sort of resort, and I personally feel the Happy Hour helps to keep it so.

Under the category of "things that could be improved on", I appreciated the daily breakfast spread. However, the orange juice (IMO) needs some serious upgrading, and it would have been nice to have non-fat milk offered as well.

From our room, after retiring at night, I could hear a compressor or hot water heater constantly cycling on and off. The sound was coming from outside the room. It would be nice to somehow suppress that mechanical sound to ensure a truly quiet sleeping environment.

I was usually the first to the pool in the morning. I'm not sure when the staff arrives, but I did notice some leaves floating in the water from the poolside plants.

None of the above items was enough to keep us from returning, which we plan to do, but it's attention to details that set places apart from each other. As a consumer, I have lots of choices as to where to stay. This is not your "average" resort. I feel comfortable returning to the same staff, and the same standards that were in place. Changing or lessening them will make me think twice about returning. I hope the new owners bear this in mind.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VolvoV70
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
VolvoV70,
Thanks so much for making The Flamingo your choice when you visit Fort Lauderdale. Your feedback is really important to us. We want our guests to enjoy every aspect of their stay and will definitely take your ideas on Happy Hour into consideration. North Beach Village Group is working hard every day to improve the area and individual property renovations are in the works. We will definitely look into the noise issues with the compressor, thanks for pointing it out. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

As always, a perfect trip. Staff is very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ARScorpio
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
ARScorpio,
It's always nice to hear from a returning guest. Thanks for your review. You are right, the staff is accommodating and very friendly. We hope that we are your number one choice whenever you are visiting from Arkansas! Thanks again, hope to see you soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've been staying at The Flamingo for many years. I've always enjoyed the poolside happy hours which have given me an opportunity to know the owners and staff. On my first visit, I was impressed with the original owner's attention to detail and I was always pleased that the following owners, Chip and Ray, continued to emphasize those special touches.

While staying there two weeks ago I became aware that the hotel was recently purchased by a new owner. While I did notice that the new owner wasn't around during happy hour, I didn't notice many other changes. For the most part, the staff has remained the same, which is a testament to the intimate nature of the establishment.

Tony, Kevin, Jorge and Robert always make me feel welcome. It's so nice to go someplace where the faces are familiar. They know my name and make me feel like I've arrived at my home away from home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Info1000, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
RoadWarrior1968,
What a kind review, thank you so much. We're so pleased that you feel at home at The Flamingo. You are correct, the ownership changed awhile back. Don't worry though, we know a good thing when we see it and the staff really are great. North Beach Village Group is committed to the revitalization of the area. We want guests to feel that same way you do at The Flamingo, relaxed and at home. You are certainly always very welcome!