“Best choice of gay B&B!”
Review of La Casa Hotel

La Casa Hotel
Reviewed November 16, 2007

Everything about this hotel, from the pool to the rooms themselves is luxurious.

When deciding which gay B&B to chose in Ft. Lauderdale, it was between two Out & About Five Palm rated resorts: The Royal Palms and The Flamingo. I consdered the Five Palm Pineapple Point as well, but ruled it out since it was not within walking distance of the beach like the other two.

Although from what I read, it seemed like the Royal Palms had greater acclaim than the Flamingo, I ultimately decided on the Flamingo because they were offering a "stay three nights and get the fourth night free" special and the Royal Palms was not.

Upon arriving at the Flamingo, I was pleasantly surprised. The pool area had very lush landscaping and was completely shielded from the street, offering great privacy. The furniture around the pool is comfortable and high-end - not your typical loungers. There are several water features that provide the soothing noise of trickling water. There is also calming music playing in the background very subtly. There's lots of white fabric, from the umbrellas to the cabana tent that add to the luxurious atmosphere. There is a very well appointed common room in which breakfast is served. The office also features a variety of books and movies for check-out.

The room decor is very nice. They have four poster beds with more fabric draped on them. The style can be best described as having a British West Indies colonial plantation vibe. This is a theme that carrys throughout the resort. Aveda products in the bathrooms and truffles on your pillow at night.

The staff is very friendly as is great for providing recommendations for dining, gyms, beaches, etc. as well as directions. Great service too! You want lunch delivered to you by the pool...no problem.

Our curiosity got the best of us, and we decided to walk to the Royal Palms just a block down the street and see what we were missing. It was reassuring to know that we made the right choice! In every regard the Flamingo is better. I can't for the life of me understand why the Royal Palms is considered the best gay resort in the country. Granted, it's not bad, but the Flamingo is WAY better.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank NotAMonet

Reviewed November 10, 2007

I first stayed at this hotel early in 2007 and have stayed three times
since (each time as a stopover on my way home from a business trip).

Each time I went there I was travelling alone and really valued the way the staff help people get to know each other at cocktail hour. How
much fun you have inevitably depends who else happens to be there when
you visit, but the staff will do the best they can. The free on site DVD library is really useful if you want a quiet time and stay in.

The only thing I find disappointing about the hotel is that it's a cab ride away from Wilton Manors, where most of the scene is. This seems to be true of all the other gay hotels though and is probably unavoidable. Like most American cities, Fort Lauderdale is very spread
out and not walkable so you'd need to get taxis to get about wherever you're based.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank mancboomerang
Reviewed October 9, 2007

the FLAMINGO is simply the best !!! beautiful gardens and pool, soothing fountains, nightly cocktail hour, the rooms are all luxury, top of the line everything, the staff are all wonderful. and the hosts and owners Chip are Ray go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and feel right at home. they are what really sets their resort apart from the others.........we would'nt stay anywhere else and go there as often as we can.........in fact this is our 4th time this year............this place is truly a gem........check it out.....you will not be disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James & Brennon
Flagler Beach, Florida

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beachbumslife
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I'd never stayed at a gay anything and so I was a little bit wary of this place. I had researched it enough to know it was very upscale and wasn't going to be some sort of sex hotel, but still one never knows. The Flamingo Inn was quite a pleasant surprise. It was gorgeous, especially the rooms which are very chic and modern, with a casual, breezy and elegant feel. Really top notch. I stayed there just after Labor Day and Fort Lauderdale it was a complete ghost town, including the Flamingo Inn. There was one other couple in the entire hotel. So this review is based on that. I'm not sure what it would be like with a bunch of people there, but as it was it was like I had my own swimming pool and lush garden, which was so relaxing and lovely. All in all, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of Fort Lauderdale itself, but I'm very big on the Flamingo Inn.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank mattkorey
Reviewed June 27, 2007

My parnter and I spent another wonderful week at The Flamingo in June. The every staff member works extra hard to make sure you feel that every need is met with recomendations for dining & things to do as well as giving you a map to the specific location. If you are planning a trip to Fort Lauderdale, you will not find a better place to stay than The Flamingo - Inn Amongst the Flowers. The rooms are beautifully decorated the baths are soptless w/ Aveda products and the beds are so restful you don't want to get up in the morning. Did I mention thast every afternoon they host a happy hour for the guests? We love this place and the owners Ray & Chip. Both of us are already counting the days until we are able to retun.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SamHouTX
Reviewed April 11, 2007

I have been staying at the Flamingo for my vacation for several years now - this shows that I really like this place!

First of all, it is a very nicely and classily decorated,. luxurious guesthouse - far above the usual standard of gay guesthouses. The rooms are also well decorated with large kingsize beds. They have many details that make your stay comfortable (e.g. umbrellas in case it rains, bathrobes etc.).

The owners as well as the staff are very friendly and helpfull.

As the guesthouse is more expensive than other gay guesthouses, it attracts a clientele that is well positioned and you always meet interesting, classy people with no attitude there. Yes it is a gay place but don't expect a cruising place, this is a place where you go to have a nive and quiet vacation.

Many gay guesthouses are expensive because people choose them to be with other gays but there is no luxury nor any comfort - the Flamingo is clearly an exception: luxurious with the standard of a 5-star hotel - I have stayed also in straight upscale places in Fort Lauderdale, but they are not as good as the Flamingo! I can 100% recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TandTSwitzerland
Reviewed March 18, 2007

My partner and I just returned from a great stay at the Flamingo. We stayed a total of 4 nights. The Inn has a lot to offer. Very nicely appointed rooms. Great size beds. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere with no attitude.
The Inn was pretty full while we were their. The daily 5:30 to 6:30 free cocktail hour was a great place to meet other guests as well as the owners. Free iced tea and cookies was a nice touch while sitting by the pool soaking up the sun.
We will definately be back next year!!
Only one minor complaint... A better quality of guest towels for the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple