“An exceptionally congenial staff in a tropical location.”

Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My partner and I stayed her for six nights over the New Year's Eve holiday. This was our third such trip to Ft. Lauderdale during this time period. We were absolutely delighted with the experience we had here. The location is ideal if you enjoy shopping and dining in Wilton Manors, or plan to spend some time on Las Olas Boulevard. If the beach is more your thing, I suggest you stay closer. If you want a place to relax, meet other interesting travelers, and forget you have a care in the world, this is the place.

The staff is at all times professional, well-groomed, courteous without exception, and cute! They are very attentive without being obtrusive, and give the impression that attending to your needs is their only priority. Lincoln, the General Manager, has obviously spent considerable time training and grooming everyone on staff. In over two decades of travel, I have never met a more interesting and genuine staff in the hospitality industry. Kudos to Lincoln, Jahir, Roberto, Ricardo, Drew and all the others who made our stay so wonderful.

We stayed in a deluxe king room (#9), which was immaculately clean and of a reasonable size. It was exceptionally quiet. The decor is a bit heavy on bric-a-brac, but that is a matter of personal taste. The amenities were just what you would wish them to be. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were of an obviously high thread count. There were numerous pillows that were very comfortable. The kitchenette was perfect for reheating leftovers or a snack, or for keeping your beverages cold, without taking up too much space. The bathroom was a bit small and slightly outdated, but had all the necessities and everything functioned perfectly. I would happily stay in this room again.

The two hot tubs for guests at large were both clean, not overly chlorinated, and large enough to accommodate multiple guests. We had some very fun conversations and interactions here. The pools were also very well maintained and heated to a very pleasant temperature.

The fitness facilities are slightly shabby compared to other places I have stayed, but there is adequate equipment for cardio and weight training. Complimentary water and towels are in abundance.

The Manager's reception every evening was a pleasant way to meet other guests before heading off to dinner. The complimentary breakfast had fresh fruits, cereals, muffins, coffee, milk, etc. I thought it was quite good if you like a continental breakfast.

This is such a wonderful facility and staff, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 7, 2011

This was our fourth trip to Ft. Lauderdale. In the past, we had stayed at a different gay exclusive resort in the area. While the rooms were smaller, the service at Pineapple Point really surpassed that of the other resort. The evening manager's receptions provided the perfect opportunity to meet other guests in a relaxed atmoshpere. New Year's Eve in Ft. Lauderdale is a tradition for us, and Pineapple Point will now be a part of that tradition. Wonderful staff, wonderful location, wonderful rooms!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We visited this year after a 12 day holiday cruise in the Caribbean, so that we can ease our re-entry to normal life. We had stayed here for the first time a year before and decided to come back. What a welcome we received, hugs from the owner and the staff who knew me and my husband by name. We had a lovely, beautifully appointed, quiet room with a bottle of Champagne and two glasses waiting for us upon arrival. We had no unmet need and feel extremely special when we visit. We would highly recommend Pineapple point as a higher end gay resort.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I've just returned from a long weekend at Pineapple Point. This time I went with 4 friends so we rented the 2 bedroom cottage which was perfect. It has a full kitchen, living room, dining area and a great outside space to lounge. We spent most of the time at the property and just relaxed - getting massages - lunch by the pool and sitting around our private patio.

I've also been 3 or 4 times on my own and each time it's been fantastic. You always meet interesting people - it's a friendly relaxed crowd so you never feel uncomfortable. When I go on my own I like taking one of their bikes and riding to the beach for a little eye candy - it's so relaxing riding through Victoria Park and down to the beach.

For me Pineapple Point is all about the great staff. They will do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They know when to be there and when to leave you along - for me Pineapple Point is the perfect long weekend break from the cold North East.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I wasn't going to bother writing a review - as they are not really in need of the praise - but I thought I would just add a couple of comments that might add value. First, for the extra money the villas are worth it. We stayed in the Grand Villa - the private pool and jacuzzi are a real luxury and the kitchen comes with everything you need (we ate in frequently). The only thing that originally put me off booking here was the location - I thought it could be a bit more central - but I have never had a problem getting around. The taxi drivers the resort uses are very good and we've never had any difficulty getting back in the small hours.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2010

From the moment you ring the bell on the secured gates for entry until the day you load you luggage to head for the airport, you want for nothing on the property. The rooms were gorgeous and the staff was top notch. I am a travel agent and also book several clients there, mostly repeat customers that won't stay anywhere else. If you book a stay at Pineapple Point, you can rest assured you are in for a relaxing fantastic vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2010

we stayed for 9 nights the guys were wonderful friendly and always really helpfull for anything you needed - either a beach bag - ordering food for you at the pool

we both had a really great time

beds linen - rooms all great

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple