“Great Staff - Relaxed & Friendly”

Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really enjoyed our 5 night stay in early February. This was our fist visit to Florida and the guys at Pineapple Point made us feel very welcome. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful - and the smile you get from everyone is honest . Our room was very comfortable and just the right size. Excellent breakfast and complimentary(!) snacks/drinks available all day. The happy hour every evening really encourages socialising and we met several guys this way and went for dinner together. Highly recommend this very relaxed and intimate hotel with a 'traditional' feel!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 12 - the bungalow. It was very comfortable and quiet, although you do see staff wa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay nowhere else in FLL and haven't for over 10 years. Our trip the last week of January 2013 was another perfect vacation in a perfect place. It is the best resort hotel I have ever stayed at, gay or straight. Go...and see for yourselves.

Room Tip: Decide on whether you want "old Florida" accommodations in the quaint original building or...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert O
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had all but written off the Fort Lauderdale guest house experience until my recent stay at Pineapple Point. This place is rated #1 for a reason! Beautiful accommodations, great customer service, convenient location and an amazing attention to detail. And the icing on the cake was I found my room to be incredibly quiet, unlike what I've found at other "party hard" resorts. I especially appreciated the availability of snacks and drinks, as well as the staff's hospitality when providing me with directions to get around town. I look forward to my next visit to Fort Lauderdale and Pineapple Point!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am not one to write reviews but I couldn't let the experience I had at Pineapple Point out of my mind. My partner and i had never been to Pineapple Point, norhad we ever vacationed in Fort Lauderdale. Good friends of ours from Chicago referred us to Pineapple Point. Our friends had been regular customers at what is now Lush Royale, formerly Royal Palms. Since those places have had management and owner changes they suggested we stay at Pineapple Point. They could not say enough great things about this place.....and boy were they RIGHT! We could have never imagined that it could have been as memorable and great as they had told us.
The facility was picture perfect from the orchid on my towel at the pool to the cool towel to refresh my sun parched face after to many hours in the sun. Our room was warm, comfortable and made our stay dream like. Days at the pool with new friends, cocktails in the evening during happy hour, and stories of victories over breakfast is what will bring me back again and again.
After days at the pool and nights in the hot tub after diner it was time to venture out into the real world. The staff was so helpful with providing me a bike and a few ideas for touring outside the confines of my newly found freedom. Everything is so close to the Ft. L area including the charming neighborhood of Victoria Park and just a short distance to shopping and the cosmopolitan area of Las Olas Blvd. If things couldn't get better. I returned back from my day of adventure and a DOUBLE NESPRESSO was waiting for me. The staff remembered from the day before my afternoon delight.
I'm sure it will be a LONG time before I write another review again but I know it won't be long before I make my way back to the PINEAPPLE POINT again and again. Thanks guys for a great experience and the treasured memories that will be with me for a long time.
RAD

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the hot tub unless it's an interest you want to investigate. At nigh...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I discovered Pineapple Point a few years ago and will not stay anywhere else. Lincoln and staff do an amazing job of taking over and just letting a guy unwind and enjoy. They have spot-on recommendations for anything from mani/pedi to dinners out. Every time I've left, I've always tried to select dates for my next trip to give me something to look forward to down the line. Stay here and you won't stay in another guesthouse in the FLL area - trust me, I've stayed at a few but I've found my home away.

Room Tip: If you want more relaxing/quiet, ask for a room away from one of the two pools.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

These guys know hospitality. Arguably the best service of any guesthouse I've ever stayed at. Beautifully appointed rooms. The grounds are lush and well maintained. Nice continental breakfast, which included a DIY Bloody Mary bar (with premium vodka) on Sunday. On Saturdays, lunch is served by the pool with beer, sodas and wine (all complimentary). We walked down to the 7/11 to buy snacks and discovered that packaged snacks/chips and lemonade were already available by the pool throughout the afternoon.

They provide all the basic toiletries on request, if you forgot to bring something.

Bikes are available for loan. Everything is included at no extra cost. The only additional charge is for massages. Really, a surprisingly good experience.

Victoria Park is a pretty charming neighborhood. You can walk easily to Las Olas Blvd, but otherwise, it requires a short cab ride to the beach or Wilton Manors area. It seems pretty close on Google Maps, but it's too far for a casual stroll.

Only negative:

We ended up in one of the older one-bedroom suites just a few steps from the pool: the bathroom was really way too small, and the bathtub needed recaulking.

I'm giving it an excellent rating anyway for the overall experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back and away from the pool - it's very lush/tropical, cozy and relaxing...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcburbia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Book Now! Pineapple Point is a MUST while staying in Ft. Lauderdale. This beautiful property is unparalleled in accommodations and service. The staff is outstanding and will do anything to make your stay amazing. The rooms are clean, spacious, well appointed, and no detail is overlooked. Turn down service at night. Snacks all day long. Happy hour every evening. The owners have thought of everything and have emulated 6 star service and accommodations in the best small property in Ft. Lauderdale. I travel frequently for work, and stay at the best hotels worldwide...pineapple point definitely tops my list.

Room Tip: I had a room in one of the two newer buildings...i would recommend one of these rooms or splurge for...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends