“Good solid American food”
Review of Big City Tavern

Big City Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Big City Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,359 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 6 Ave
Description: Big City Tavern is reminiscent of the great old taverns of Chicago, New York and Boston. The menu features fresh seafood, steaks, pasta and salads. Our extensive wine list emphasizes California varietals by the glass and bottle. Big City Tavern has a rotating selection of craft and specialty beers on tap and available in bottle. Desserts are all house made and all delicious. Big City Tavern features high tin ceilings, wood floors and rustic brick walls. Patrons can take their place at our long oak bar or in the comfort of the dining room.
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Great American food and top notch service. Mussels are incredible, and the extensive brew list is a treat as well. Outdoor seating on trendy Las Olas, or nice booths and tables inside with old fashioned walnut bar. Staff is just attentive enough, put this on your list for a lazy weekend meal.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Big City is always a happening place with great happy hour values on food and drink. Try the fried shrimp and pizza apps you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I ordered my burger medium well, but it came out with a thick charred crust. I had to cut it off in order to eat it. The manager came over to check on us and asked how everything was, but I rarely tell if I'm unhappy with something - just my thing. The other two diners were happy with their meals - the burrata appetizer was delicious; served with tomatoes that were tasty. The tuna entree was fine, and the salad entree was fine. The place certainly has a nice atmosphere and service, although I probably won't rush back.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This place was awesome in every way. It was so hard to decide what to order. The menu looked excellent.... So many amazing choices. I loved every bite if my food!! The atmosphere was great... Nice intimate tables, not too loud, really neat bar, great outdoor seating. Loved it. Plus, the pistachio cake was icing on the meal!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friend and I ate at Big City Tavern based on a recommendation from another Trip Advisor traveler. I have to say, this was a fabulous recommendation. Around 8 pm Sat. night there was about a 40 min. wait for two, so my friend and I walked down Las Olas to grab a drink at American Social while waiting. After 30 mins our table was ready. The hostess called my cell phone to let us know, which was great, so we didn't have to stand right by the restaurant while waiting.

Our waiter (wish I remembered his name) was awesome. Went through the menu with us offering food and drink suggestions and boy were his suggestions spot on.

We got a tomato and mozzarella salad to split as an app - just the right amount for two ppl and the tomatoes were so fresh!

For dinner, I had a steak and my friend had Grouper with little neck clams - both were delicious. For drinks I recommend the Peartini or the Cucumber Basil Martini - both so refreshing.

The atmosphere at Big City was great, the restaurant and bathrooms were both very clean, and we had a great semi-circle booth perfect for people watching.

We will definitely be back!