“Best Gay Resort in Fort Lauderdale!”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Best Gay Resort in Fort Lauderdale!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and I recently had the good fortune to stay again at the Royal Palms Resort in Fort Lauderdale. This was our fourth time staying at the Royal Palms though this visit was not considered 'in season.'

The staff at the resort are AMAZING: very attentive, but not intrusive; polite; talkative; friendly; and overall - just super nice. We had the pleasure to not only experience their wonderful service at their bar & restaurant, but took advantage of Spa services as well. We highly recommend all three as the food, drink, and massage were exceptional.

As for the property itself - the Royal Palms is very well kept. The front pool engendered a younger, more extroverted crowd (near the bar). While we enjoyed getting to know some of the other patrons at the front pool, the gem of the Royal Palms is the pool at the back of the property. The large, expansive pool and pool deck has a quieter feel that lets you sit back in a lounge chair or take a dip and completely drift away.

The rooms are well-appointed at Royal Palms also. With a King-size bed, mini-fridge, and a sizeable walk-in shower - we were very pleased with our accommodations. The housekeeping staff were also very friendly and polite - assuring that we had everything we needed to make our visit as comfortable as possible.

As frequent travelers to gay resorts, we highly recommend the Royal Palms when you're in Fort Lauderdale; you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: You can ask for a 'Deluxe Room' which is more central to the pool areas and slightly larger...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I were looking to get away for a couple of days after his next to last chemo treatment. We really needed a change of scenery from all the doctors and hospitals practically in our everyday routine. I just happened to get an email from Royal Palms with some very attractive packages. I am glad we booked at the Royal Palms. We had such a nice time just relaxing by the back pool which was very serene and not to mention tropical. We had a slight problem at first with our room 1109. The mattress in that room squeaks when there is movement on it. The resort manager, Philip did not hestitate to move us to room 1108 which was a much better improvement. Also I will not forget that Philip brought to our new room freshly baked cookies!
Thanks again Philip!

Room Tip: Rooms around the back pool are much more serene and tropical. This is to my liking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alfredhp
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Besides the hotel property and amenities being amazing, the staff at the Royal Palms on Fort Lauderdale Beach, really make the difference!!!

Everyone from the management staff: Brian and Philip, to the restaurant and housekeeping staff: Carlos and Javier, come to mind, were so accommodating and helpful.

I happen to have a little "dance injury" in Wilton Manors Saturday night and this is where the staff really showed their Hospitality Stripes!!!

They were gracious and took me to the hospital, stayed with me while I got admitted and then helped me back at the hotel delivering meals and making accommodations for my accident. The night manager was a doll, making sure I was ok!!!

As I couldn't drive, they made arrangements to return my rental car, got me to the airport and handed me a little snack for the plane....No Really!!!!

They have amazing staff and that all comes from amazing management and making their hotel a great place to work and stay...a rare gem!!!

I am such a stickler for service and they delivered in spades...i just had to give them this great review

Room Tip: If you want to be in the center of the action request a East building by the restaurant/ bar...if yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank FortLauderBear
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Everything about this resort is amazing. From the staff and management to the rooms and food. This is the only place to stay when you come to Fort Lauderdale! My partner and I fully enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've never written a review on trip advisor before, but my little "stay-cation" at The Royal Palms makes it absolutely necessary. This resort is NOT what it claims to be! Be warned! A "gay" men's resort generally doesn't have women and children running all over the property! We were NEVER told this when making our reservation, nor does their web page state his "change in policy".
Some of the staff were as nice as people here mention. Both Philp and Carlos were awesome! Brian, the front desk manager, could not have been more pompous, arrogant, condescending, and downright rude! This was a sentiment generally reflected amongst other guests at the resort as well. In addition, most times of everyday the pool area was trashed! Overflowing ashtrays, towels strewn all over the place, empty drinks not being cleaned up.....not good.

The only reason I can see for the good reviews here are that most of these people must have stayed at Budget Inns their whole lives hence a lower standard is expected.

If your idea of a "chilled out vacation" involves cackling women, screaming children, rude staff members, high-priced drinks at an under-utilized bar, and being nickled and dimed to death, then you will have a blast at The Royal Palms!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank John R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Royal Palms is as nice as everyone on here has described! In fact, I applaud their "equality" stance and their decision to make it an "all inclusive" resort (the buzz words used when I inquired about the families and women sitting outside our room at 9 am having breakfast on our second day of a ten days vacation.) However, what I took exception with and complained about was the fact that it was NOT disclosed to us back in June when we made our reservations nor when we checked in on July 19th! Shame on RP!

Neither their website nor their FB page made mention of their change in "vision" and that the facility was no longer a "gay" resort! So, I really blame myself for not reading the reviews on here before booking our vacation. Had I, I would have found reviews from April 2013 that mentioned that they had changed and were opening the resort up to families and women!

Nonetheless, we made the most of our trip and still enjoyed the hospitality bestowed upon each guest by Philip and his team. I travel all over the world and the RP has, by far, some of the most attentive staff that I have encountered! Hats off to Philip, Carlos, Mat, Jeremy, Brian, et. al.

We are planning a winter trip to Ft. Lauderdale, but unfortunately, will not be staying at the RP. If, and when, they decide what they truly want to be they may see us again down the road. In the meantime, we will be staying at the Grand Resort!

Room Tip: Internet service in our room was terrible! Ultimately relied on using by phone as a hotspot. Also...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Houguy50
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It is such a pleasure to stay at a gay resort that lives up to the high standards of any resort. While the facilities and rooms are first class, what really sets the Royal Palms apart is the attentiveness of the wonderful staff. I have stayed at many hotels and resorts. I paid far more at many of those places, and none have a more accommodating staff. I love the location to the beach, I love the pool, the bar, and the food.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to people, get a room near the front pool. If prefer a quieter room, ask fo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo