I just got back from a 5-night stay at The Royal Palms, and it was fantastic! I was traveling with a friend, so we opted for one of the double queen rooms. If you're traveling with a friend, this room type is ideal. You each have your own bed, and there's plenty of room for two people to spread out.
I learned from reading the reviews that the resort has two buildings, each with its own pool. The front building has the pool with the bar and the restaurant next to it while the rear building's pool is quieter. We requested in advance (and got) a room in the rear building. Our room was on the first floor, and I loved walking out of our door and having the pool right there. Indeed, the rear pool is a bit quieter and has fewer people, but it also has more lounge space. It's more peaceful and the music is more relaxed. The front pool has more of a social vibe and the music is pop or top 40; but it's by no means loud. I personally liked being by the social pool most of the time, but having the ability to retreat a few steps away to my room by the quieter pool.
I liked the modern decor of the room. It has everything you could want: a flat screen TV, plush towels and bathrobes, a safe, a mini-refrigerator, a hair dryer, a rain shower head. My only criticism of the room is the fact that the shower only has a half-door, which enables water to splash out onto the floor.
The fact that the Royal Palms has a full service restaurant and bar was the primary reason why we selected it. Free coffee is served all day long. The resort restaurant opens for breakfast at 7am and stays open for lunch until 5pm. After 5pm, you can order dinner from the resort-owned restaurant (Plaza Bistro) across the street and have it delivered. You can also go to Plaza Bistro and (as a resort guest) they'll give you a 10% discount. I had amazing lamb chops there.
The menu at the resort restaurant is pretty extensive and the food is excellent. I loved eating a hot breakfast by the pool every day: french toast, pancakes, eggs, bacon, omelets. For lunch they have burgers, sandwiches, salads, wings, calamari. The resort restaurant has an indoor seating area with a couple of flat screen TVs, and there are also outdoor tables; but the servers will bring your food and drinks to you wherever you are by the pool. Even if you're lounging by the rear pool, servers will come by and ask you if you want something to eat or drink. It was so convenient to simply charge everything back to your room. No need to deal with cash or credit cards; just sign one tab at the end of the day.
A few other items to mention about the resort. There's plenty of parking, if you have a rental car (which we did). The water temperature of the pools is kept quite comfortable. You've got to love only being a block away from the beach! Local residents and non-resort guests are allowed to use the resort facilities, and the Sunday T-dance is popular. On a typical day, there was plenty of lounge space for everyone, but if this ever becomes an issue I hope that somehow priority is given to resort guests. Otherwise, the more the merrier - in my view.
Last but not least, the service at the Royal Palms is outstanding! All of the staff was so friendly and welcoming to us. I have to give a special thanks to the assistant general manager, Brian. I loved hearing about the plans to upgrade the bedding at the resort and to expand to the adjacent building, which will add another 12 rooms and a third pool to the property. I also want to give shout-outs to our amazing bar tenders Steve, Matt and Carlos. They make killer mojitos and are such great guys. One of the servers, Juan, was really nice to us too. It was very obvious how hard all of these guys worked to make our stay a pleasant one, and it was very much appreciated. I hope the property owner and management team appreciates them as well and doesn't work them too hard, because their level of service is one of the best things that this property has going for it.
Now that I know that this gem exists, I suspect that I'll be making much more frequent trips to Fort Lauderdale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical sensuality meets chic urban design at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa in Fort Lauderdale. Nestled in the seaside neighborhood of North Beach Village, the sleek, stylish and sexy 66 room resort creates an intimate oasis just one short block from Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Stellar round-the-clock service and luxurious amenities such as a Bar, Grill, Spa and Fitness Center, all enhance the boutique-style enticement. The Royal Palms celebrates diversity by maintaining an all welcoming, atmosphere where creative minds and bodies can rejuvenate. We offer travelers who are twenty-one and older the opportunity to enjoy kids-free environments that encourage a higher level of relaxation. Following the mission of North Beach Village, you will be sure to gather feelings of love and happiness, while creating lasting memories of your time in this seaside destination. Play hard, rest well and indulge in all the Royal Palms and North Beach Village has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Palms Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Palms Resort And Spa
- The Royal Palms Hotel Fort Lauderdale