“Amazing experience”

Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff and service were outstanding. The experience was especially impressive for a small property.They match or exceed any 5 star property I have ever stayed at a competitive price and more personal attention to detail.
Accommodations were comfortable in a Modern Hip style
We were too busy having fun soaking up the sun with our fellow very friendly travelers to enjoy the spa or fitness center. The on site bar and food service were great additions with an eye on quality.
Thank you for making our stay there so enjoyable.
Any negatives?: the Sunday Tea is noisy and crowded for those who want a relaxing afternoon. There is a second pool to escape to. Rooms by the pool/bar can be very noisy late at night.Oddly self service coffee is free at the bar but tea is not, the restaurant affiliated with this Property down the street is just OK. besides these minor things,
a great find in Gay Lauderdale.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
Birdgetown
Reviewed January 20, 2013

While everyone has been posting rave reviews on the hotel, I must make my commendations on the amazing spa experience i had at the Royal Palms. From the inception in making the reservation, Orlando at the Front Desk was nothing much charming. Then Michael my masseuse was nothing short of phenominal. He made sure that I was comfortable and aware of what he was doing at all times. Explaining the process of the dead sea wrap (which everyone much try) as well as the massage process. If you are looking for a professional and knowledgeable team then go to Royal Palms Resort and Spa!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jamcan_85
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Where do I begin? At the beginning..... From the moment I made my online reservation (which was effortless) to the moment I checked out (again effortless) it was clear I had chosen the right place for my vacation. My hat is off to the entire staff of RP. There was not a moment that I did not feel welcome and well taken care of. From the desk personnel that welcomed me to the waitstaff and bartenders, not to mention housekeeping (seemless execution of their duties.... I never saw or was interupted by them and yet my room was always in perfect order). Even the groundspeople were a delight! Speaking of rooms, they are very tastefully decorated and very very clean... I CAN'T say enough great things about RP!! However, I CAN say that as a frequent visitor to Ft. Lauderdale, I will be back again and again!!! If you are thinking about staying here...DO IT !!!! THANX AGAIN GUYS Keith Burgess Chicago

Room Tip: I stayed in a Deluxe King poolside (1 of 2 pools) and it was a great location for me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank keith b
Connecticut
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My first visit to the Royal Palms Resort & Spa was in early January, 2013 on the recommendation of friends who were familiar with the property and its reputation. The location is one block back from Fort Lauderdale's "strip" A1A beachfront area, a two-minute walk, very safe neighborhood. Free parking for registered guests of The Royal Palms is a plus considering that many of the bigger hotels in the neighborhood charge $25.00+ per day to park your car.

We found the rooms to be extremely clean and well-maintained, quiet, modern in style and appealing in their simplicity and elegance. Hotel housekeeping service was really exceptional and thorough. Most notable was the obvious willingness on the part of all staff to assist the clients in any way possible. Apparently, "No" isn't part of their vocabulary, and the level of helpful and cheerful assistance by the staff was nearly mind-boggling in this era of sometimes haphazard effort in the service and hospitality industries.

Rates were very competitive with comparable properties in the area, and much better than the somewhat overpriced chain hotels fronting A1A. All in all, a good value in a very nice setting, distinctive rooms, two nice pools, gym, bar, and spa. My only criticism is a personal one, because I am very fussy about mattress quality due to persistent back problems. The beds were definitely OK and acceptable, but not great. And in my situation, a great bed is worth its weight in gold. Notwithstanding, I was comfortable and in every other way was made to feel like a valued customer and guest by all staff.

No doubt about it, my next visit to Fort Lauderdale will be at the Royal Palms Resort. My thanks to my friends who recommended it to me ; they were right on target!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Davect96
New York, NY
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We can't wait to go back. Every single employee from the front desk to the bartenders to the housekeeper made us feel comfortable and welcome. The other guests were friendly and not pretentious like at some other "gay" resorts we've visited. Also, we were quite happy to learn that the place is not clothing optional, except the front pool from midnight to 6 am, which cuts down on the creepiness factor. The resort is in a great location convenient to the Sebastian Street beach (15 minute walk along the beach or through a lost in time neighborhood filled with retro 1950s motor inns), fun restaurants on the beach, and a short drive to the action in Wilton Manors and other bars in the area. It's a bit inconvenient to get to Miami from here due to traffic getting across to I-95 (allow 20-30 mins just to get to I-95), but the location is fine if you plan to just stick around Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank uitsmijter
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've stayed four times over the past 2 years. It certainly has much going for it. Great service, although the bartenders certainly change. Convenient to the beach, as are many nearby gay properties. Rooms were all gutted and redone prior to this property getting the Royal Palms name... a good thing!

Rooms are clean, but generic. Really dislike the big vinyl pillows. Not impressed with the mattresses. The shower gel/shampoo is a disappointment, since this place bills itself as a "luxury gay male hotel" Fridge needs to go on top of something; dragging the fridge door on the floor to open it gets tiresome. Fitness centre is tight for space, but well-equipped.

This last time - Jan 2013 - I noticed better robes and softer pool towels. Still love getting the freshbaked homey cookies first day! However, there is now one less video station and a lack of drink specials. The option to not wear clothing, limited to 2am-7am or midnite-7am, is just annoying. Outsourcing towel cleaning may have been the cause of no pool towels one night - and next day you had to go to the front desk for them.

That's not to say I won't return. Philip, Rick, Carlos, Juan, Matt, Steve are all great staff. Just that I'm heading to the Palm's competition for now to support gay-owned resorts.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
25 Thank drmCanada
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 16, 2013

There were a total of 8 of us who stayed for 3-4 nights. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left, the customer service, the personal attention, and the genuine passion all of the workers had for their job was nothing I have ever experienced. The resort was always very clean, the rooms had all the amenities in it, and if I needed something specific, they provided it without any hesitation. There are too many names to list, but every employee was/is WONDERFUL! There is no way anyone can leave the resort unhappy! (Room 2206)

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel above pool #2 are away from the bar and quieter; Rooms with one King...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends