“Just as good as our first visit”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #59 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York, NY
“Just as good as our first visit”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We just finished our second stay at the Royal Palms. This is a lovely gay resort, it's seriously become our favorite gay resort. The service is really second to none. Lovely rooms, good prices. What more can you ask for? Great spa and gym. Bar and awesome food in the small cafe. Kudos to Terry at the Front Desk and Carlos in the cafe. But really everyone gets a big thumbs up. We will be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cpassant
, Public Relations Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Good morning Guys,
I am so very glad to hear that this was your second time here with us and that we are your favorite gay resort. That makes us feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside when we hear that. I am also glad to hear that you think the service is second to no one, they all try and it looks like it shows as well. Thanks for the Kudos to our Front Desk Manager Terry and our great bartender Carlos.
Hurry back guys we already miss seeing your smiling faces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just spent a few days at the Royal Palm. Stayed at another place my first night but it was not great and discovered the Royal Palms after checking out a few other places, that honestly seem kinda tired and not that clean.

My room was spacious, spotlessly clean, modern with a great shower. The place has great bar area where met other people staying there and pretty good food too and 2 pools. Spa and gym onsite. Had a great facial at the Spa with Eduardo. Def request him if you want a facial. The customer service is also fantastic, everyone is welcoming and friendly, making sure you enjoy your stay and feel taken care of. Terry was awesome. I reallly love this place and wish we had a gay hotel like this back in San Diego. There is no question that I will be staying here every time I am back in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sdwarrior
Hello sdwarrior,
I am happy to hear that you stayed with us and had a great time; you know we will always be here for you so when you need a break from San Diego this can be your home away from home. Eduardo is great at giving facials, and I am Glad that Terry was awesome as well. Loving a place like this makes your next return even better.
Hurry back we await your speedy and safe return with open arms
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the RP for 6 days after touring the resort also June while staying at another local Guest House. We have been traveling to Ft Lauderdale for the past 4 years and decided to “switch it up” this year. The staff (Philip,Terry,Rick,Henry,Matthew,Fe lix and Carlos,and Ron) are all very welcoming and helpful!! The two pools located on the property were a plus with most of the time spent at the front pool. The spa also was very good and reasonably priced and were able to take us right away; I had a manicure while my partner received two back and neck massages on two different days. The breakfast was excellent, the Fruit Medley was “three snaps” their muffins are to die for. Our room was very quiet with an excellent view, we were upgraded to the third floor room with an ocean view.

One thing we discovered was that the clothing optional area in the front can be a little exposed to the street when the wind is blowing.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back building and the third floor are the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DDP1971
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Royal Palms for three nights and I can't wait to return. We are in Fort Lauderdale often and have been staying at another resort nearby. I felt quilty not staying at our "usual" place. Now that we have stayed at the RP we feel that we have really missed out all this time. From the moment we arrived it was as if the front desk staff had been eagerly expecting our arrival. We were given a short tour of the resort and shown to our room. In our room was a personalized, hand written note , simply telling us to enjoy our stay and to give the front desk a call for anything we may need. The rooms are decorated in a minimilistic style, white, grey and splashes of green. Exceptionally clean! The rainfall shower was great, and the towels are wonderful. The bed was great too. The pool scene was great, We stayed by the front pool where all of the action was. We met guys from all over, and many from right there in Ft Lauderdale. We got a great sence of comunity there at the pool. If one would choose to have a quiet serene pool day there is also a pool just for that. We had lunch twice by the pool. Every thing we had was out of this world. When we ordered drinks at the bar , they were deliverd right to us, what service! The pool area was always kept neat. Fresh towels delivered, glass wear and dishes promply removed.The music was great and never too much. We also each had a massage. We had different therapists and have decided that next time we will have two massages each, one from each of the therapists. I appreciate mid century modern arcitecture and they have brought the property up to date without getting rid of the great clean lines of the original design. We cannot wait to get back, We will be regulars.

Room Tip: If you are there for a quiet time I would reccomend the back building. I enjoyed being in the front...
Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony P
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2012

For a quick bday getaway this past weekend I chose Ft.Lauderdale and so glad I did. I stayed for the first time at the Royal Palms and boy was it a GREAT choice...JD and another gentlemen whom I can't remember his name (sorry) greated me and my BFF and made us feel welcome. Gave us a tour of the grounds and showed us to our room. We stayed in a DBL Queen by the non-clothing optional pool which was perfect for my friend at least he's a little shy and the room was crisp and clean. All the amnenties one would need were provided. The personal welcome note left on my bed was a very thoughtful and appreaciated touch....my friend was jealous...he was looking on his bed asking where's my note?....lol My friend utilized the Spa services and had a mani and pedi, i used the gym and the bar by the clothing optional pool where everyone was enjoyin themselves.....Later in the evening I too utilized the heated pool by my room in the back and was in sure bliss....i must say I will be back....summer has only just begun and looking forward to visiting again in July

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Blinz71
Rp Ambassador R, Public Relations Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Hello Blinz71,
We love having birthday boys here; this truly is the place to celebrate. We have it all here; we are the only guest hose with a bar and grille on site and the only one that can cater to all your needs and requests.
I am glad JD made an impression we want everyone one to leave with a memorable experience.
As always we await your speedy and safe return with open arms.
Alexandria, VA, USA
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Friendly staff, spotlessly clean rooms, ample parking, healthy menu.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank HerbTreger
Good day Herb,
It was so nice having you stay with us, noticing that are staff is very friendly, our rooms spotless a great menu with something for everyone. And onsite free parking.
Hurry back Herb, we await your speedy and safe return with open arms
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I resently spent several days at the Royal Palm with a friend and we had a great time. The service was outstanding, they were so accommodating, no matter what our request the answer was "Yes". Rooms were clean and well kept with a personal note upon my arrival. We took advantage of the gym, although small very adiquite with all new equipment, perfect for a vacation work out. We also took advantage of the spa for massages, the deep tissue was exactly what I needed after my work out. The food at the bar was also right on, if you wanted a salad, a hamburger or a egg white omelette, they took care of it. I'm already making plans to return in the fall. This is the best of the gay resorts in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Good day Steven,
You are 100% correct the answer will be “YES” you are here to experience a style and a new standard in a gay male’s guest house. We have raised the bar to levels which set us way apart from everyone else.
I am glad you got to use the entire property. We do have it all and are right on the money with everything we do.
We also agree, we are the best gay resort in the area.
As always we await your speedy and safe return with open arms.