The Merriweather Resort
$127
$147
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$100
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$98
Marriott Hotels
$269
Marriott Hotels
$108
$99
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$194
$145
Hotels.com
$145
$139
  • Pool
All reviewsmary joacross the streetwithin walking distancefull kitchenpets are allowedonly place i will staygreat weeklauderdale beachhome away from homerooms are clean and spaciousrestaurants and barsevery guestthe king size bedreasonable rateslocation is excellentbeautiful poolheated pool
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Merriweather for eight days while I cared for a foster dog called Hanna. We had a blast!!! Let's start with the room. It was extremely clean, comfortable, spacious, quiet and peacful. The hurricane windows ensured that outside noices were kept to a minimum. Hanna could run around the room and lay where ever she pleased as sheets were put on the furniture for her convenience, I thought that was so very thoughful of the manager :).. When I laid down to sleep I thought I was on a cloud...what a comfortable bed and pillows. I has lots of room for my clothes as I tend to pack a little heavy. There were a couple minor things that came up and were promptly and efficiently handled by the manager.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I was greeted with a big hello and friendly smile each and every morning! The resort is such a pet friendly place they have their own pets on site. One of the cats, Wunder, passed away a couple days after Hanna and I left, how sad. I am so happy I got to meet Wunder and spend some quality time with her while I was there as her health was declining at the time.
If you or someone you know is looking for a PRIZE WINNING vacation spot in Fort Lauderdale don't miss this one. Your vacation will be a memorable one! Steps from the beach is just another plus.
Thank you Mary Jo and your wonderful staff for making my stay at The Merriweather Resort one I will not forget.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mary o
fortlaud1212, Manager at The Merriweather Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thanks so much for your wonderful and informative review of The Merriweather. We are also glad you were able to spend some time with Wunder before she passed. She was a lovely office kitty who will be dearly missed. We're also thankful for your help with the foster dog Hanna. I'm so happy both of you enjoyed it here and we very much look forward to having you here again!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff and the service was just awesome. What a great experience. I've used the Merriweather for vacation in the past and we recommend it to anyone that would like to have a wonderful experience. I enjoyed the clean room the majestic view and the friendly staff. Their dog Pia was just delicious. She made our stay even better than expected.

Shirley Gil

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We have been called many things but never Bomb Diggity! I must say I LOVE IT!
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 101. I don't think I have ever been in a cleaner place. You would have never thought it to be dog friendly and for all you dog friendly vacationers, this is the place to go. Your pets are accepted and treated kindly, not like some horrible creature. We loved that our dog was a guest as well as us. Mary Jo is so friendly and kind. She welcomes you like you are family. The grounds are well kept and clean. Housekeeping is nice and conscientious. Joyce was our housekeeper. She was so kind and friendly. She did an outstanding job getting the room ready for us and she did a great job keeping the room nice and us with what we needed. I just can't stress how clean our room was.

It was across from the beach and conveniently located close to many popular restaurants and activities.

They also had beach chairs and several other items available. We most definitely would love to return again next year.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor would have a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SHELIA S
fortlaud1212, Manager at The Merriweather Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Joyce does does take care of her rooms as if they were her own and treats her guests as if they were her family. This is what sets us apart from the rest. We appreciate your review and we will see you when you return! 101 will be waiting for you!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here over a weekend in June while attending a wedding. The decor, as others have stated is a bit out dated and kitschy. However, the location is fantastic, right across from the beach, and it is clean and super affordable. The bed also has some sort of memory foam/pillow top padding which is super comfy. I would definitely stay here again! Also, they provide free beach towels, umbrellas and chairs for the beach. Cant beat that!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JesetJou

Thank you for a wonderful review of the Merriweather! We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The best thing about the Merriweather is that it is steps from the beach and the units have fully equipped kitchens. The staff is very friendly, and there are beach chairs, umbrellas, beach towels, beach toys, and sun lotions available for use. There are also books to borrow and free WI-FI. Now, having said that, I must say that this is in no way a "resort". It is an older motel / apartment building. Other than a small swimming pool, it doesn't have any of the typical resort amenities. It does NOT have: restaurant/bars, spa, exercise room, elevators, shampoo, etc. in the room, hair dryers, laundry facility, beautiful grounds, etc. The rooms are modest and in dire need of updating - the bathroom in particular. The bathroom light was rusty, the cabinet was chipped, the sink was worn, and the glass shower door was moldy. The unit was relatively clean except for a few stray hairs and a potato chip left over from a previous guest. Rooms have few windows, therefore they are dark. A large window looks unto the common walkway, so shades have to be closed or everybody walking by can look right into your unit. We missed having a personal balcony or area to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning in private. The bed was comfortable (foam top mattress), but our room was noisy with street sounds. The Merriweather is wedged between two busy streets, and cars and stereos could be heard very late into the night. There was also some loud hammering early one morning in one of the nearby units. Because the Merriweather is small, we found the office closed a couple of times when we needed to get beach towels, etc. The Merriweather is adequate if you know what to expect, just don't expect a Resort. Be aware also that the beach directly in front is a popular gay beach and it gets crowded.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the busy streets
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AreWeHavingFunYet
travelcruzer99, Manager at The Merriweather Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of The Merriweather. Unfortunately, I believe that while you were here we had some pretty bad weather. Hopefully your next trip to Ft. Lauderdale will be as sunny as we know it to be! We have taken into consideration all of the things you have mentioned and we are looking into what you mentioned as a "moldy" shower door. You're right, we don't have an elevator, restaurant, spa or bar. However we are among the best restaraunts/bars and spas in Ft. Lauderdale. As you can see from our many excellent reviews and our many repeat guests, that this is part of the charm of our place. We are one of the only small, quaint and friendly places left on Ft. Lauderdale beach and it makes us stand apart from all of the big "chain" hotels. We do have hairdryers (in the office for borrow) and we do supply soap in the rooms as well. The difference between us and a big resort is that all of the things you mentioned in your review (beach chairs and umbrellas, lotion etc) are FREE here. Parking alone at a "resort" in town can cost up to $30 per day and we have free parking. All of our ammenities are listed on our website as well as RCI's. We hope you will try us again. Thank you.