“A good place to eat”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you are looking for good music, outdoor or indoor seating, a beach location this is the place for you. The food was good quality, well seasoned and tons of pasta for the pasta with seafood dishes. Good, but not outstanding. Service was slow, but on a vacation who minds that? The location was in the middle of the A1A area and central to many of the hotels. Considering the other choices which are pretty pricey this is a good place to eat.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I were looking for an ocean front restaurant to sit down, listen to some live music and enjoy our last night of vacation. We happened upon this place and were drawn in by the INCREDIBLE Flamenco Guitar music and giant margaritas :). What we didn't realize is how incredible the staff is and especially the owner who frequently greets each guest, sweeps the floor and street all with a smile and genuine heartfelt welcome. We fell in love and will definately be back. What a great place!!!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

As others have written, family was looking for a beachfront dining experience. Location is very good... among a busy stretch of A1A in Ft. Lauderdale. Food was good, however prices/value varied widely. Pasta well-priced, seafood a little expensive, beef very overpriced for quality. Service was a bit on the slow side but adequate. Sidewalk dining comes with unpredictable experiences, as we (unavoidably) witnessed an embarrassing domestic argument that very nearly had several diners preparing to intervene when it simmered down and the family moved away. Caveat emptor if you're looking for something intimate.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The restaurant is in a fun part of the beach. Nice out door seating, and I got a seated quickly. I had coconut shrimp - it was the best I've ever had. Then there was the cost - yikes - they told me the drinks were 2 for 1. My mistake was not asking the cost. It was much more than I thought it would be. The service wasn't that great. The waitress was unfriendly. And be ware - they add a 20% tip to your bill. I ate alone, and they still added the tip. This could be the reason for the bad service - they don't need to work for the tip.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We chose Café Del Mar due to the beach location. I was traveling with my husband and two kids. We placed our order which included 2 glasses of wine. We received our dinner which my order came out wrong. We never received our glass of wine the whole time we had our dinner. Our waitress never came by or was ever in sight to make sure we received our order correctly. After 30 minutes or so, sitting looking at my incorrect order, our waitress finally showed up with our drinks and spilled the full order of her tray all over me and my 9 year old daughter. We were both covered in red wine.

I was so incredibly aggravated because we already had a bad experience with our dinner with no drinks not to mention how the soaking of wine topped off the night. Then to make things even better, Arturo, pony tail manager of some sort, proceeded to cuss and scream at me on the street in reaction to my aggravation. I have never seen a grown man especially in a manager’s position act this way.

My purse, my daughter’s clothes, my brand new shorts and blouse are completely ruin. Not to mention we had to start our vacation out this way. We lost a lot of monetary items that night not to mention a horrible experience with the staff at the restaurant.

We do not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Darlene B