“Great Thai in Lauderdale”

Lemongrass Asian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemongrass Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #234 of 1,359 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The crunchy egg rolls are delicate and tasty. The Tom Ka Kai was fantastic, if you get tired of seafood and want some Thai this is a great place to go

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was a gem of a find ... fantastic food, great sake and outdoor dining. It's on a busy street without much of a view but they've made it look nice (at least at night it looked decent). Helpful, friendly staff.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place is one of my favorite thai restaurant, We used to go there a lot ask for Mindy or Jeremy. they are my favorite server but anyway the service always great here! the manager (Peter) was very very nice and very friendly. We love there Duck noodle soup, summer roll with peanut sauce, friendly fish with red curry sauce , Hawaiian dancer etc.. And the sushi, sashimi always fresh here. Sushi chef was very friendly and very nice...

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I think I have eaten enough Asian food for the entire population of a small country in my lifetime. With that said, it was necessary that I continue my gluttony for Asian cuisine and head on over to Lemongrass Asian Bistro for an early dinner.

Lemongrass Asian Bistro is a pretty casual restaurant but with hints of fine dining elements and design. In addition to the small but beautiful indoor dining area there's also an outdoor patio. The outdoor patio is more like an enclosed area of tables overlooking passing traffic, but if being outside is your thing, it is sufficient enough. They tried to add some pizazz but it comes across as a little cheesy. The indoor dining area is much nicer and aesthetically pleasing.

With Asian restaurants being a dime a dozen it is often hard to decipher what sets one apart from the next. For Lemongrass Asian Bistro it is the service. Our waitress was extremely attentive always keeping watch to ensure that our water was always refilled, the table was cleared when we finished our plates and our food was brought out quickly. She was attentive to the point where it could have been too much, but it's better to have than to be without. Apparently you can't go Asian without sushi and it seems Mexican too, hence me ordering the Mexican Rolls. Mexican Rolls aren't the fancy kind so it was far from exceptional but the rice on the rolls were good and so was the flavoring.

The crème de la crème of my dining experience was the Dynamite Tower. In other words, baked seafood, mayo, sesame seeds and masago over sushi rice. It was hot, tender and flaky, fluffy rice, amazing flavor and scrumptious.

The Hawaiian Dancer failed to deliver. The Hawaiian Dancer sounded so good on paper; scallops, chicken, pineapple, carrots, snow peas, bell peppers, and cashews in a tamarind sauce. It was a solid dish of fresh ingredients, but I felt that it needed a little bit more spice and fell a little flat in the flavor department. Presentation wise it was cool that it was served in the pineapple skin and made me even more excited to chow down, which is what probably heightened my disappointment. The amount of rice that it came with was a very small, but it also came with a house salad with choice of dressing, my choice being peanut dressing. The dressing appeared to be natural; it was chunky and you could taste the actual peanuts in it.

Lemongrass Asian Bistro has four locations within the Broward and Palm Beach area, so if the Fort Lauderdale location isn't in your near vicinity you can always check out one of their other locations. What I like about Lemongrass Asian Bistro is that they offer a spin on classic Asian dishes set in a warm and inviting environment.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Every time we are in Ft. Lauderdale we go here at least once for lunch. They have sushi as well as daily specials. Great soup. The cabbage salad with chicken and crushed peanuts is an appetizer, but big enough to be a meal. It is creative, refreshing and delicious. The service is excellent and it's nice and airy. We will definitely be back,

1  Thank icjg