“Everything great!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemongrass Asian Bistro

Lemongrass Asian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemongrass Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 1,322 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love this place - the Tom Kha soup is fantastic.. And the sushi is very fresh.
I go on a weekly basis and am never let Down.

chicago
“Fabulous restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

If you like Thai food or Japanese look no further. We had the TomYum soup, red curry salmon pad Thai and red bean ice cream. Everything was so amazingly good we can't wait to go back. Clean, great service and really really good. Our only disappointment is wanting to eat outside and they closed the patio before we got there.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Beautiful interior and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I would have never guessed by the outside of this restaurant that they would be so good. My friend and I were on the hunt for sushi and stumbled upon this restaurant. It does not look very appealing from the road but the inside is very nice and charming. The food was great ( Jalapeno sushi rolls amazing ) and the service was excellent. We had the fried ice cream for dessert- A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Will definitely return here. They also do take-out and I noticed they were constantly taking to-go orders over the phone, which means they must be a favorite around here.

Visited July 2012
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Nice peaceful atmosphere, attentive staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Like the food, like the value, liked the service. Eager to go bak to Lemongrass.

Visited April 2012
S.Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been There Twice, Sushi & Thai Great Both Times!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Lemongrass has a sushi section and a Thai section on the menu. On our first visit we both ordered Thai dishes. My girlfriend(MG) had the Masaman curry and I had either the ginger or basil shrimp. I don't remember which but I do know we both loved the food. She hates spicy food so the Masaman curry with the sweet potatoes was perfect for her. She didn't like Thai food before but now she does. I ordered mine spicy and it was perfect, not too hot or too mild. Another good thing is they offer brown rice if your trying to eat healthier.

I'm not an expert on sushi but on the second visit I tried it and wasn't disappointed. I ordered something called the Bomb which had shrimp, tuna, and had a crunchy rice topping. It lived up to its name! MG is normally a non-sushi-think-it's-bait kind of person, but she tried it and actually liked it.

She had a lemongrass broth-based soup with huge pieces of white-meat chicken and big chunks of vegetables. I had some and immediately regretted not ordering a bowl for myself. It was exploding with flavor. She had basil chicken entree and reports it was really good.

For desert (I protested weakly) we had a slice of layered chocolate cake. Every bite MG took caused a deep sadness as I watched the cake disappear while trying to match her bite for bite.

The service was excellent, not too intrusive but very friendly. The atmosphere is very laid back but hip. I definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back.

• Visited July 2012