“Been There Twice, Sushi & Thai Great Both Times!”

Lemongrass Asian Bistro
Ranked #167 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Lemongrass has a sushi section and a Thai section on the menu. On our first visit we both ordered Thai dishes. My girlfriend(MG) had the Masaman curry and I had either the ginger or basil shrimp. I don't remember which but I do know we both loved the food. She hates spicy food so the Masaman curry with the sweet potatoes was perfect for her. She didn't like Thai food before but now she does. I ordered mine spicy and it was perfect, not too hot or too mild. Another good thing is they offer brown rice if your trying to eat healthier.

I'm not an expert on sushi but on the second visit I tried it and wasn't disappointed. I ordered something called the Bomb which had shrimp, tuna, and had a crunchy rice topping. It lived up to its name! MG is normally a non-sushi-think-it's-bait kind of person, but she tried it and actually liked it.

She had a lemongrass broth-based soup with huge pieces of white-meat chicken and big chunks of vegetables. I had some and immediately regretted not ordering a bowl for myself. It was exploding with flavor. She had basil chicken entree and reports it was really good.

For desert (I protested weakly) we had a slice of layered chocolate cake. Every bite MG took caused a deep sadness as I watched the cake disappear while trying to match her bite for bite.

The service was excellent, not too intrusive but very friendly. The atmosphere is very laid back but hip. I definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The food here is fantastic. The Monster Lobester Roll is to die for. I love the atmosphere, very cozy. Nice place to hang out with friends on a Friday or Saturday night. And perfect for date night with your significant other.

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice place with good food for a good price. The server was attentive and friendly, more than willing to help decisive what to get.

They a wide variety of sushi and Thai food. I will definitely come back here.

Remember to ask for their specials, they had a really good one when we were there.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been to many Thai/Japanese restaurants in Ft Lauderdale and this is my favorite. An eclectic clientele enjoys delicious dishes from two countries. Try a bento box for lunch.I love this place!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I went here for a business lunch and it was great. Lobster Roll is a MUST. Plus we had 2 other rolls that were outstanding. Great decor and lovely bar area. Easy parking.