“Let your nose find this place!”

Jack's Bar-B-Q Smokehouse
Ranked #337 of 1,329 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Toronto, Canada
“Let your nose find this place!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Yum!! ...and make sure to wash your hands before as it's finger lickin good! Recommend it as a must stop in the area!!

• Visited January 2013

Ashland, Virginia
“Rib Sticking Barbecue!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Smelled great in the parking area and really good inside. We were not disappointed. Both of us had delicious lunches. The flavors were good, but the chicken was dry and tough as were the ribs. The chopped pork was awesome and the sides were delicious. So they get low scores because they missed the boat on their specialty.
Worth the visit and you won't leave hungry.

Antigua, Guatemala
“BBQ HEAVEN”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is so good, consistent and with lots of options to suit every taste. We have eaten here many times and each meal has been great. The service is great and the prices are very good. We are lucky to have this restaurant close to home.

Visited November 2012
North Lauderdale, Florida
“Good 1st Impression”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Well, this was my first time there. I'm a bit of a BBQ hog but didn't want to make the drive to my usual place. They've got a smoker right in the lot so it's real deal stuff. I ordered the BBQ platter which come with 2 sides. I ordered collard greens & mac n' cheese, as well a side of cole slaw. They offer a drive thru service but don't expect anything fancy. The menu is hand written & doesn't express that certain things are more expensive so I'll save you the confusion. There is a surcharge of $1 for collard greens & mac n' cheese.

Unfortunately, they gave me baked beans instead of collards, which made me a upset since I paid extra for it. Do yourself a favor & make sure you check the items in the bag before driving off. I counted to make sure I had the right # of things but not that they were the correct item. Guess I've only got myself to blame. Of the items that I did get, here's the run down. The ribs were great, juicy with the right amount of smoke on it. The sauce that they used was pretty tastey as well. The baked beans, even though it wasn't what I ordered, was very good; you could taste that they homemade. That, or they can fake the funk pretty darn well. The cole slaw was somewhat mediocre, hjad no real flavor. The mac n' cheese was was just ok. Was way more mac than cheese. It looks like they just put some cheese on the bottom of the baking dish & some on top. There was no real cheese sauce. If nothing else, I'll go back for the ribs & baked beans...hopefully when I order collards, I'll actually get it.

Visited September 2012
“Southern BBQ without Mac n Cheese and without cornbread??? If that's what you want .... this is the place.”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Downhill. Over the past decade Jacks has been spiraling down and (my guess) is about ready to crash. No mac n cheese? A white bread roll sprinkled with garlic salt instead of cornbread??? Insult me please. Never again, Jack.