The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
$379
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$424
Travelocity
$273
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was sceptical about staying here at first but I had no reason to be. Despite the fact we weren't staying in a private room, we got a free shuttle from the airport in a spacious van equipped with TV screens and a crazy sound system. They took our bags off the van for us and delivered them to our room - which was a little small because they'd crammed so many beds inside, but for the price we paid it was perfect. Less than £30 p/n each, we got our own kitchenette, all had double beds, our own bathroom, free breakfast in the morning and we practically had our own villa. Would definitely recommend this to anyone. Getting into Ft Lauderdale from the hostel also isn't a problem either as there's a $0.50 shuttle to town.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank fblock
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Bridge at Cordova is a well placed hotel/hostel in Fort Lauderdale. I stayed there only one night in August 2012. Our room was clean, well equipped with private bathroom, kichen and a king size, extremely comfortable bed (I will never forgewt that bed :) ). I read in some reviews that there is no transfer from the airport, but I can assure you this is not true. When we arrived, the shuttle bus was busy, so we took a cab, but Barry, the manager paid the bill. The Bridge at Cordova has really cheap room rates, but the main thing I will remember the place and recommed it to others is the friendly and helpful crew. We had a smaller problem during our stay there, but Barry and Tommy were helping us in everything. We couldn't have solved the problem without them. If you want to get the most for your money in a safe, clean, affordable place, with the best staff ever, you must consider staying at the Bridge at Cordova.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tivadar S
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Bridge at Cordova is not a 5 star hotel, what it is is an affordable, safe and clean place, well located, with a pleasant staff that accommodates the guest every way they possibly can. We stayed four days in June on our way to the Dominican Republic and 4 days in July upon our return, although we had a choice of getting a luxurious place for the same price, as a friend of my daughter' s works in a nearby hotel and she would have given us the same rate for a luxurious room that normally cost twice as much and would of ended costing the same as Bridge at Cordova, we chose to return to Cordova because it didn't feel like a tourist trap,it was very private and the staff was very helpful. Jorge the owner picked us up from the airport and took us in the wee hours of the morning back for our return home. He was always available, helpful and very jovial. Tommy is a treasure. He is young and sweet and will bend back to get one anything that is requested if it is at all possible. Mr. Clark, the manager helped with the bags and always allowed us to enter the office and use the phone or the computers and in our case, he at times came with his cell to bring us calls from my daughter as we did not have a cell phone and there was no phone in our room. This is a small hostel which has private rooms with kitchens and the cleaning lady comes by daily to provide fresh towels and toiletries. The staff works well together and although there is a lot of young people (we are seniors from California with young spirits) they were all friendly and courteous. What can we say about this place other than if you want to get the most for your money staying in a clean, safe, no-frills-kind-of-place, close to restaurants and shopping, and with a helpful staff, you must consider Bridge at Cordova as your home away from home.
(I just read a couple of past reviewers who said that there were bed bugs and that good reviews must be an inside job, let me assure you this is not the case with us, there might be minor flaws in a place that is a family, innexpensive hostel and one must come with an open mind to live with them, but let me assure you there were no bed bugs in our room and even 'Mr. Bates' was helpful. The place was clean, safe, affordable, but even the most expensive hotel in the world is going to have a guest that will find fault at the silver not being polished to the highest gloss, in other words, it is hard for everybody that stays at a place to be totally ecstatic, but I can guarantee you that the majority who stay at the Bridge at Cordova are happy after comparing what is available in Fort Lauderdale and the cost of hotel stays there)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GinalaCubana
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Jorge is a great host, pick us up at the airport, gave us a larger room, and was treated very well
By the staff. Had a good time only spent one night, then Jorge rode us the next day to the
Cruise ship. Help us out a lot. Good music in the van also would go back.

Room Tip: The area is close to everything the rooms were ok not the Hilton but if you need a p,ace To stay and not to picky it is fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Misskitty444
Reviewed July 19, 2012

After staying there for a week before my friend and I went to Miami we were so in love with The Bridge and Ft Lauderdale we decided to go back and stay again! The owner Jorge was amazing, giving us lifts too and from the airport at least 3 times. They also had a good contact within the local diving community and I was able to get my PADI Certified Diving ticket for an amazingly discounted price!!
I can not talk highly enough of this place, don't expect a 6 star hotel but you can expect to feel like part of the family!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends