“Nice place to stay”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
Reviewed February 25, 2012

After reading other reviews I had to put my 2 cents in. This place is comfortable, not a 5 star hotel, but, I do not like them anyway. I always stay in comfortable, bed and breakfast family type place, both in USA and Europe. I prefer being with the locals. The room was clean, quiet, complimentary bottle of wine, very accomodating staff. I had the junior suite with a king bed, fridge, and microwave. My room did not include a kitchen, but I did not need it. Location is close to shops and restaurants, yet set off the street enough so we sat out by the pool and patio at night and enjoyed the tropical scenery and quietness. I would and already have recommended this place to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cranichik

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at the Bridge before leaving for a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Not as modern and sterile as the Crown Plaza but roomy, with a nice little kitchen, kingsize bed - and a nice breakfast outside by the pool.

Room Tip: They're all on the ground floor (I think) -
1  Thank pedeny
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This so called bed and breakfast was the most horrible place I have stayed at. I don’t understand why this place is even sold online. The shabby welcome area had the whole family watching TV when we arrived. Getting into the room was even worse. You could smell that they had sprayed some baygon to get rid of all possible animals in the room and than put the AC on full cold to avoid you to smell it. It was late at night and we had been driving for hours and if it wasn’t for the timing I would have left right away! The room was like some dirty teenage room, with silky linen that were so used that I put my towel on top in order to “sleep”. We saw some kind of animal walking on the floor that didn’t make it any better. The bathroom and the tub were in very bad shape and neither of us wanted to have shower the following morning. I can’t describe how much I hated this place and really don’t understand the high rating it get. The “breakfast” they day after was a table with bread in a bag (that inside I saw some ants) some old doughnuts and juice. I didn’t even have it in me to eat there and left early in the morning. The price was ridiculously for this kind of place so not even a budget traveller could get a good deal here. Spend 30 USD more and sleep in a decent place. Would NOT recommend and would most definitely NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Half8
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

In reference to your review, I must reply, i am wondering why everybody else but you loves this humble place, you complained about the breakfast bread in plastic bags, but of course they are in plastic bags, maybe the huge hotels where you pay a lot of money they have the luxury to expose great buffet lines with bread that will go hard in 30 minutes once they are displayed and certainly they can exchange it, but we can not, this beautiful place is a budget service, where you find a breakfast display where you serve your self, it is homy, think about it and feel at home, that's why dozens of people a week feel and love to feel at home, with oatmeal, hot chocolate, bananas, apples, oranges, coffee, tea, 5 types of cereal, donuts, 3 types of juices in their own bottles where you serve your self and we do not have to throw and waste what your eyes didn't like to choose for breakfast, as you said you will not come back good for you . just invest more in the $200.00 rooms and not in the $80.00

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have traveled extensively over the past decade in both Europe and the US and when I am planning a trip, I always refer to Trip Advisor to read other person's firsthand experiences before picking my hotel. I read the reviews about the Bridge at Cordova prior to my stay in Fort Lauderdale. After reading the reviews, I decided to take a chance on this hotel. I called Jorge to book our rooms and right away, our plans were in place. I immediately received an email confirmation from Jorge and we were set to stay at the Bridge at Cordova. We are used to paying more expensive rates in past years when we have stayed at hotels like the Marriott's Springhill Suites, Crowne Plaza or Hampton Inns. The rate at the Bridge at Cordova was very attractive where we spent two nights and not a fortune. This very attractive rate including our ride from the aiport, our accomodations, free internet access, unlimited breakfast, a ride to the cruise port and best of all, fantastic hospitality.
My parents, sister, husband and I were booked at the Bridge at Cordova for two nights prior to a cruise. We wished we could have stayed longer. Jorge, our host and owner of the hotel was enthusiastic, kindhearted and was so happy to have us stay at his hotel. We felt like family. Barry was also great making sure everything was just right. We will definitely return and would recommend this hotel to friends and family who are traveling to the Fort Lauderdale area either for a precruise stay or a longer stay to get away from the winter. Everyone in our group was very happy (and trust me, my mother and husband are very picky) with the location, accomodations and the hospitality from being picked up in Jorge's beautiful custom vehicle to the welcome that we received when we arrived at the airport. A phone call to Jorge and within minutes, Jorge arrived at the airport. Jorge gave us a helping hand into the van, enthusiastically stored our luggage in the rear of his van, hopped into the driver's seat and drove us to the Bridge at Cordova while we listened to great music in the air conditioned comfort. We arrived at the Bridge at Cordova and Barry was there to assist us out of the vehicle and show us to our rooms. My parents and sister stayed in a very clean Junior Suite on the ground level just outside the pool, apartment style with three single beds, a kitchenette and dining area. My husband and I were in the Captain's Suite on the second floor. The next morning at 8 am, breakfast awaited all the guests at the poolside. It was great not to have to rush to get your breakfast as you would in some of the larger hotels where everyone rushes to get breakfast at once and then fight to get in line for the shuttle with their luggage (sound familiar?). Not here. The guests that were leaving for their cruises or to the airport leisurely enjoyed their breakfast before getting into the comfort of the spacious van which would take them to the airport or cruise port. It was just like home and both Jorge and Barry made us feel like we were family. If you are staying in the area, the beach is very close, there are Big Box Stores including the Ross store and a great store to pick up some last minute cruise items The Family Dollar store. We also used the Winn Dixie grocery store and picked up some delicious chicken at the deli freshly prepared. My father enjoyed sitting by the pool on a warm sunny day. Jorge was telling us that both Kevin Costner and Mark Wahlberg also reside in the area. For dinner, we ate at the Quarterdeck which is a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
Don't delay, book your stay at the Bridge at Cordova. While we there, the renovations to this property were completed. Two ladies from Ireland who were going on the same Irish themed cruise as us, were thrilled with their beautiful room which had just been renovated. We spoke with another gentleman who spends six weeks at the Bridge at Cordova enjoying the sun. We have stayed in Fort Lauderdale for pre-cruise and post-cruise stays before and have never had the experience we had at this family run hotel. Prior to staying at the Bridge at Cordova when we were making our travel arrangements, we had decided not to stay longer in Florida after our cruise because we did not really enjoy our previous post cruise hotel stays. This time we wished that we were spending at least another week enjoying this hospitality at very reasonable rates. We were envious of the two Irish ladies that were on our cruise were staying two more nights after our cruise.
Thank you Jorge and Barry for making us feel right at home. As mentioned, we wished that we could have stayed longer but will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SandraSweetLou
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was only able to stay one night at The Bridge at Cordova, but was so glad we chose this hotel. We came into Ft. Lauderdale after 10 p.m., exhausted from a red eye flight from Alaska. They promptly picked us up at the airport. The hotel itself is nice, low-key, in a great location - practically across the street from a mall-type place, and down the street from stores. We got a good night's sleep. They supplied breakfast in the morning, and we walked off to get some last minute items for our cruise. Then they drove us to the terminal - again for free! This is not owned by a big company, but by a family, so the service is personal. I'd highly recommend this hotel, and would stay again if I'm ever in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DiAlaska
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Ritz Carlton it is not, but if you are looking for an affordable place to stay before your cruise with nice people, this is the place to stay. We were looking for a place with 2 bedrooms since there were 5 of us(including 2 kids) and for a little more than $120/night, Bridge at Cordova was BY FAR the best deal. It should be known that it is a motel/hostel type of place and not your Westin/Marriot/Embassy suite type of place.
The Pros: Jorge picked us up from the airport(which is included in the cost) and was right on time. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from the airport and upon arriving at the hotel, there were 2 staff workers who greeted us warmly and showed us right to our 2 bedroom apartment which was on the first floor next to the office. The apartment is nicely lit, and comes with a kitchen(fridge included), flat screen(maybe 42 inches), nice couch and table and 2 bedrooms. One room had a large king which was comfortable to sleep on. The other room had 2 twin beds which were not as comfortable. They provided a crib with sheets and a nice blanket for our infant.
Breakfast is provided in the cost as well which was nice. Nothing fancy but it included different cereal, bagels, toast, and fruit. Coffee and juice was also included. Again nothing fancy but it filled our tummies.
The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants(quarterdeck, Southport raw bar) as well as close to a shopping center. There is a winn-dixie grocery store a half mile away and also a Publix also close by. We walked to gilbert’s 17th street grill which was half mile away and had AWESOME burger’s.
The cons: There was only 1 bathroom which was between the 2 bedrooms. Clean but small. They provide towels. The inside of the apartment looked a little old and the floor looked clean but you wouldn’t want to walk around in your bare feet. We saw a few small cockroaches in the kitchen which is never fun. The hotel is not gated though they do have security cameras. The pool is also not fenced so you have to watch your kids. They do provide shuttle to the port but charge $6/person so it does add up if you have 5 people(they didn’t charge for our infant which was nice).
Overall, for a 2 bedroom apartment at the price we got, it is not a bad place for 1 night before or after your cruise. If you’re looking for more of a normal Marriott/Westin hotel feel, there is an embassy suites down the street but you’ll pay almost twice the price/night. I want to give it 4 stars because of the price for a 2 bedroom apartment with breakfast and airport shuttle, but the place is a little old and the cockroaches were a no no.

2  Thank adhoboo1
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at the Bridge at Cordova 1/6-1/8/2012, and than used the hotel again when we got back from the cruise, just for the day. It was like being at home! Jorge was extremely accommodating, the rooms where clean and everything we asked for, we got with a smile and than some! I have to mention Barry, he just took care of all 7 of us above and beyond, made us feel welcomed and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this B&B to everyone who needs a great stay in Ft Lauderdale!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#69 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Super 8 Dania Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!