“Good for 1 night”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
Sunnyvale, California
“Good for 1 night”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Ritz Carlton it is not, but if you are looking for an affordable place to stay before your cruise with nice people, this is the place to stay. We were looking for a place with 2 bedrooms since there were 5 of us(including 2 kids) and for a little more than $120/night, Bridge at Cordova was BY FAR the best deal. It should be known that it is a motel/hostel type of place and not your Westin/Marriot/Embassy suite type of place.
The Pros: Jorge picked us up from the airport(which is included in the cost) and was right on time. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from the airport and upon arriving at the hotel, there were 2 staff workers who greeted us warmly and showed us right to our 2 bedroom apartment which was on the first floor next to the office. The apartment is nicely lit, and comes with a kitchen(fridge included), flat screen(maybe 42 inches), nice couch and table and 2 bedrooms. One room had a large king which was comfortable to sleep on. The other room had 2 twin beds which were not as comfortable. They provided a crib with sheets and a nice blanket for our infant.
Breakfast is provided in the cost as well which was nice. Nothing fancy but it included different cereal, bagels, toast, and fruit. Coffee and juice was also included. Again nothing fancy but it filled our tummies.
The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants(quarterdeck, Southport raw bar) as well as close to a shopping center. There is a winn-dixie grocery store a half mile away and also a Publix also close by. We walked to gilbert’s 17th street grill which was half mile away and had AWESOME burger’s.
The cons: There was only 1 bathroom which was between the 2 bedrooms. Clean but small. They provide towels. The inside of the apartment looked a little old and the floor looked clean but you wouldn’t want to walk around in your bare feet. We saw a few small cockroaches in the kitchen which is never fun. The hotel is not gated though they do have security cameras. The pool is also not fenced so you have to watch your kids. They do provide shuttle to the port but charge $6/person so it does add up if you have 5 people(they didn’t charge for our infant which was nice).
Overall, for a 2 bedroom apartment at the price we got, it is not a bad place for 1 night before or after your cruise. If you’re looking for more of a normal Marriott/Westin hotel feel, there is an embassy suites down the street but you’ll pay almost twice the price/night. I want to give it 4 stars because of the price for a 2 bedroom apartment with breakfast and airport shuttle, but the place is a little old and the cockroaches were a no no.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank adhoboo1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at the Bridge at Cordova 1/6-1/8/2012, and than used the hotel again when we got back from the cruise, just for the day. It was like being at home! Jorge was extremely accommodating, the rooms where clean and everything we asked for, we got with a smile and than some! I have to mention Barry, he just took care of all 7 of us above and beyond, made us feel welcomed and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this B&B to everyone who needs a great stay in Ft Lauderdale!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I recently spent 3 days at the hotel. Initially, when I called prior to booking, I warned the owner Jorge that I was a bit of a neat freak. He told me that while his hotel was not the Ritz, it was clean, proper, and had a family atmosphere. Everything that I was promised was delivered. Upon my arrival, I was picked up promptly by Jorge. If there was any little thing that I felt that I was missing in the room, my requests were filled. Greg, the desk manager and Barry the hotel manager could not have been more accommodating. As the hotel runs a shuttle service, I requested the price to be picked up at another local hotel where I was attending a cocktail party. Jorge said he would be in the area at that time, and picked me up for free. If you are looking for polished marble floors and gold faucets, this is not the place for you. The Bridge at Cordova offers phenomenal service and modest accommodations at an extremely reasonable price. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Describe your specific needs, and the staff will suggest the appropriate room. This was my experienc...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Bridge at Cordova on the way to meeting family members the following day for a cruise. Upon arriving to Fort Lauderdale Airport, I called and George was kind enough to pick me up immediately free of charge from the airport. I opted for my own private room which was clean and secure. All of the staff there was more than helpful to assist me with what to do and where to eat. While there, I met some other visitors by poolside. It was a most enjoyable stay and if my travels every take me back there, I would most certainly stay again. Thank you all for your generous hospitality!

If you need a haircut while there, go see Bud across the street at the Gentleman's Quarters. He is a real nice guy and gives a great cut. And the clams on the half shell are incredible at restaurant across the street on the canal. There is great shopping at more restaurants just a few miles walk from the hotel, as is the beach. A great location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed at the Bridge Nov 29 - Dec 3 and were not disappointed. Jorge covered the cost of a cab from the airport (their own shuttle was tied up); provided us with a comfortable room (and continental breakfast); free internet; and drove us to the cruise ship. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay again without question.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carrie808
St. Petersburg
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I've been there in April 2011. It was a business trip, there were 3 of us. In the beginning we were a little bit disappointed, because 2 rooms we booked in advanced were somehow occupied. Our host, Horhe, did his best to accomodate us in the other place (small motel 5 mintutes driving from Bridge at Cordova) for the first night, and he even gave us the better room class after all (free of charge).

Service was great. When we had problems, questions - hotel staff helped us very efficiently. For example - we needed Internet in our rooms (wireless), but it didn't work when we arrived. Horhe called someone, and this guy fixed the problem in a couple of hours.

I will advise this place for anyone who wants to stay in a clean and friendly hotel, nicely located, for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We recently stayed again with Jorge before our cruise. Where else do you stay where you know the owner by name and have him pick you up at the airport. This property is not a fancy place but if you want a reasonable place at a reasonable price in the world of high priced motels the Bridge might be for you. When we are coming to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami in the future we will be calling Jorge. Jere & Bonnie

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jere1mt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#72 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#32 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#55 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort La...
#41 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!